Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)

Go down 
+35
Naoshi
Abicion
Juanblue85
Tsuki
Zwei.0
King Cat the Sixth
DylDawg
Bo Staff Katana
TalesofHysteria
Harbinger
Venom
Samaël
Rainstorm
Crystal Power
fateoffate
swordandshield
Dcrigg
Falcom
Yume Hanabi
Tenshigami
Suikoden
AzureEdge
Slivendiferious
BlazingFiddlesticks
Lloyzerdk
Taiyz
Yumi-Yumi
Dracos
Zacewing
Meowzy
Hasta_Extermi
Txn
DreamSword
cutepresea
Moontoon
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
AzureEdge
✧Chromatus✧
AzureEdge

Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 3 07v2DaMSun Jun 07, 2015 8:41 pm

Damn, you people are too fast~
I'm looking forward to seeing a female lead, because apparently Milla wasn't enough. At first, I thought the title was bearstareia or something of that nature, so fighting bears?
So, Pirates. I'm pretty excited about this game, and I'm pretty sure it'll come to the west sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
https://www.wattpad.com/user/AzureEdge7
Yumi-Yumi

Yumi-Yumi

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 3 07v2DaMSun Jun 07, 2015 11:26 pm

King Cat the Sixth wrote:
...and by that logic, Scurvy might be status effect that deals with TP, like poison, but saps TP instead of HP lol

I'm kind of late noticing this, but this already existed in Tales of Vesperia under the name Contamination.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 3 07v2DaMMon Jun 08, 2015 7:19 am

I want a parrot mascot character that is either pulled out of hyperspace by the other characters to deal damage in certain artes, like how Mieu should have worked in TotA
Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 3 Tumblr_nij54y4QrP1tyuin7o4_250

...Or as a standalone character like Repede.
Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 3 Repede
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 3 07v2DaMMon Jun 08, 2015 12:50 pm

Samaël wrote:
also @ Vesperia BL discussion:
http://suguelya.tumblr.com/post/109120026070
This is glorious! xD

Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 3 07v2DaMMon Jun 08, 2015 5:05 pm

Suikiwiden wrote:
Samaël wrote:
also @ Vesperia BL discussion:
http://suguelya.tumblr.com/post/109120026070
This is glorious! xD

Personally, I prefer:
Rita + Estelle
Karol + Nan
Flynn <=Yuri=> Judith
Raven + Casey
Repede is Repede
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 3 07v2DaMMon Jun 08, 2015 5:10 pm

Slivendiferious wrote:
I want a parrot mascot character that is either pulled out of hyperspace by the other characters to deal damage in certain artes, like how Mieu should have worked in TotA
Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 3 Tumblr_nij54y4QrP1tyuin7o4_250

...Or as a standalone character like Repede.
Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 3 Repede

I SAID ALMOST THIS EXACT SAME THING IN A GROUP CHAT. Perfect opportunity to develop a non-speaking animal character in the way they did Repede but even more well done. But knowing how things go its probably going to be talking either fully or partially and have the personality of Jade.

Great minds think alike Wink

I'm excited for Berseria, love Velvet's design(purple eyes!!), I agree kinda Milla-esque but not surprised after Jude and Sorey looked a little similar to each other and past protagonists, they're gonna cash in on the female side too. I hope she has a personality and story that are mucho interesting or better yet well written. I want that for all of Berseria. I really didn't like how choppy Xillia and Xillia 2 felt, I hope they have good scene pacing and general writing in this one.

Title looks like it might actually be playing off Berserk (with the pirates and all), which I thought might be the case but thought they wouldn't go for that. Nautical theme is interesting, hope they go somewhere with it. The aesthetic themes for Zestiria looked interesting too in promo but I'm not sure how much translated into the game, can't wait to find out in a couple months!
Back to top Go down
Meowzy

Meowzy

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 3 07v2DaMTue Jun 09, 2015 4:59 pm

I'm still so confused that people say Zestiria has 'canon BL'. Because... it doesn't. What it has that's canon is a very strong friendship between two dudes, that can be interpreted as romantic but at the same time could be interpreted as platonic, meaning it's not canon BL. It's left ambiguous for the player to decide. Personally, I see it as platonic. (and this is coming from that crazy chick who shipped Kratos and Yuan like burning)
Back to top Go down
Zwei.0

Zwei.0

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 3 07v2DaMWed Jun 10, 2015 6:42 am

Meowzy wrote:
Personally, I see it as platonic.

Does it seem more platonic than Asbel and Richard? To me it looked like they were in love... at least Richard.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 3 07v2DaMWed Jun 10, 2015 10:15 am

Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 3 07v2DaMThu Jun 11, 2015 11:31 am

More info, good image:

http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/tokkurin/imgs/1/4/14231a48.jpg

Mummy goth child of jude and milla?
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 3 07v2DaMThu Jun 11, 2015 11:44 am

If Velvet isn't an Aifread then this Tales fan will be disappoint.

Also considering she's a pirate I hope they go back to having a world map instead of interconnected rooms. If there are no seas to traverse then what would be the point of being a pirate?
Back to top Go down
Samaël
Kamen Rider
Samaël

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 3 07v2DaMThu Jun 11, 2015 12:04 pm

Either she's vampire or she just likes biting people??
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 3 07v2DaMThu Jun 11, 2015 1:28 pm

I thought she was wearing a white shirt but she is not, not sure if the fact her outfit consists of a piece of fabric tucked into her belt is going to annoy me, I'll probably stop noticing.

I really love the look of the art! Wish they'd sprung for a more characteristic graphic style but oh well, if they're spending less time on building animation hopefully more time spent on other details.

I'd really enjoy a world map again, I missed airship travel in Xillia/2, Graces was quick travel as well but it at least had a reason, I didn't like how you could just kind of go anywhere in Xillia. It was super convenient but at least give a method. I'd like the sea farer thing to be interesting as well.
Back to top Go down
Meowzy

Meowzy

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 3 07v2DaMThu Jun 11, 2015 4:21 pm

Zwei.0 wrote:
Meowzy wrote:
Personally, I see it as platonic.
Does it seem more platonic than Asbel and Richard? To me it looked like they were in love... at least Richard.
If you look at it like that, I'd say in-between. Because it doesn't reach the levels of gay vibe that Richard had for Asbel, but it's beyond whatever vibe Asbel had towards Richard (because... Asbel showed no sort of romantic interest in Richard whatsoever, as far as I could see).

The Romantic Friendship definition sorta fits, though I'm not sure if it'd go as far as cuddling and kissing. Hugging and handholding, sure.

---

AS FOR BERSERIA... Yeah the outfit really bugs me. Milla could get away with showing so much skin for two reasons:
1) she was still protected by the Great Four when she set out on her journey, so she wasn't in danger of freezing at that point.
2) Ivar designed the outfit for her, which explains a lot.

But Velvet... Well, assuming she's a normal grown woman and a pirate, going around with her abdomen and chest showing like that is a really bad idea. Especially if, say, a storm hits while they're out on the ocean. Plus, all that hair and cape just gets in the way when she's fighting. The whole outfit is just very impractical and, depending on where they're sailing, life-threatening. I might be reading too much into it, but c'mon, if you're going to design a pirate character, at least give her a believable outfit. Even Elisabeth Swan changed into piratey clothes which covered most of her body and made it easy for her to fight the second she got a chance.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 3 07v2DaMThu Jun 11, 2015 7:33 pm

I completely agree like I get fantasy we get to have fun designs and not worry as much like copious belt buckles okay. But this feels like they only went for revealing and looking wartorn without any thought at all to functionality. Clothes can be both functional and sexy with some thought but oh well, I do love the cape and hair at least ; P
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 3 07v2DaMThu Jun 11, 2015 9:08 pm

If nothing else, we can hope Velvet pulls a Sheena and gets an excellent costume that you can swap out for the second you get it and then default forever more in subsequent runs with title transfer, particularly since we have divorced costumes from stat-altering titles last I checked.
Back to top Go down
Yumi-Yumi

Yumi-Yumi

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 3 07v2DaMThu Jun 11, 2015 9:15 pm

BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:
If nothing else, we can hope Velvet pulls a Sheena and gets an excellent costume that you can swap out for the second you get it and then default forever more in subsequent runs with title transfer, particularly since we have divorced costumes from stat-altering titles last I checked.

I sure hope this is the case. And I hope there's a good number of costumes in the base game, without DLC.
Back to top Go down
Meowzy

Meowzy

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 3 07v2DaMFri Jun 12, 2015 3:18 am

Hah, I was just about to say... We're gonna have to pay to cover her bare chest. 300 yen, 500 if we're unlucky or if it's a trademarked outfit from a different franchise.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 3 07v2DaMFri Jun 12, 2015 4:17 am

I like the cape though, it looks really feral. The rest of the outfit is rather unbearable though, revealing her bare chest and all that. It was better when I thought she was wearing a white shirt, now it's just embearassing.

sigh writing bear puns ursa major hassle
Back to top Go down
Zwei.0

Zwei.0

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 3 07v2DaMFri Jun 12, 2015 4:52 am

Haven't played ToZ (DUH!) - how many costumes were in that game for each character?
Back to top Go down
Samaël
Kamen Rider
Samaël

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 3 07v2DaMFri Jun 12, 2015 12:37 pm

Zwei.0 wrote:
Haven't played ToZ (DUH!) - how many costumes were in that game for each character?
Well everyone had a colour swap outfit, Rose had like 7 costumes. Plus
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Lloyzerdk

Lloyzerdk

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 3 07v2DaMFri Jun 12, 2015 3:54 pm

Is "Velvet' the official spelling of the character's name? I don't want there to be another Zestiria fiasco.
Back to top Go down
Samaël
Kamen Rider
Samaël

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 3 07v2DaMFri Jun 12, 2015 7:10 pm

Lloyzerdk wrote:
Is "Velvet' the official spelling of the character's name? I don't want there to be another Zestiria fiasco.
No. All we have is ベルベット. Her name could be Belbet for all we know.
Back to top Go down
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 3 07v2DaMSun Jun 14, 2015 11:17 am

Meowzy wrote:
I'm still so confused that people say Zestiria has 'canon BL'. Because... it doesn't. What it has that's canon is a very strong friendship between two dudes, that can be interpreted as romantic but at the same time could be interpreted as platonic, meaning it's not canon BL. It's left ambiguous for the player to decide. Personally, I see it as platonic. (and this is coming from that crazy chick who shipped Kratos and Yuan like burning)
Actually
Spoiler:

So yeah, it's actually canon.

/tangent

I hope Berseria will have a lot of ingame costumes. It's sad that main new games only get like color variations and maybe a couple originals for a few specific characters when the Reimaginations both had a bunch of new ingame costumes that were pretty cool. Vesperia PS3 truly was the best: plenty of ingame costumes and plenty of DLC.
Back to top Go down
http://yume-x-hanabi.tumblr.com
Dcrigg

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 3 07v2DaMWed Jun 17, 2015 2:03 pm

Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 3 8c197a09-s
Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 3 0d357e24-s

This is Velvet in her anime look
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 3 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next