Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Games you've played today

Go down 
+54
Moontoon
JohtoRed
Celestial Phoenix
Prochainezo
Cless Aileron
Yumi-Yumi
Bo Staff Katana
Emil12345
Sakura1106
Sherstelle
Meow Wow
TalesofHysteria
Dracos
Zacewing
AriArk2000
watermelon-lhant
ShirleyVaga
Chosen of Mana
Twinrehz
Silver Forte
Juanblue85
Psypher
Varrius
Hasta_Extermi
TrulyBigHeaded
Naoshi
King Cat the Sixth
Yoh-dono
Tenshigami
Prinny
senelcoolidge
Arn
Taiyz
Sapphie
SRMS
Red_Rose
BlazingFiddlesticks
warriorangel01
Suki
Abicion
Jean
Jazzeh
Falcom
DylDawg
GroundhogDay
shemwell99
Rainstorm
Txn
Meowzy
HCSteven
Venom
Suikoden
Harbinger
Slivendiferious
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

Games you've played today - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 22 07v2DaMMon Jun 15, 2015 1:40 am

Best Buy/ FOr some reason, their bundle is like 50, but normal Vita TV is like 80

Bought Burst before, but gotta try the Vita games. Hoping to continue my Nepventures as well. At least this time, this won't be as portable as a regular vita
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject:    Games you've played today - Page 22 07v2DaMMon Jun 15, 2015 2:01 am

DylDawg wrote:
Hoping to continue my Nepventures as well. At least this time, this won't be as portable as a regular vita

Yeah knowing you that's very important Razz
Back to top Go down
Abicion
(。◕ ‿ ◕。✿)
Abicion

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 22 07v2DaMTue Jun 16, 2015 6:15 am

But was she crunchy?
Back to top Go down
http://abicion.tumblr.com/
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 22 07v2DaMWed Jun 24, 2015 5:49 pm

Anyone else here play Hearthstone?
Hearthstone is fun.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 22 07v2DaMWed Jun 24, 2015 6:29 pm

DylDawg wrote:
Nepventures
In Dutch, this is a portmanteau of "Fake Adventures".

Pondering whether I should pre-order Heart of Thorns for GW2...

I enjoy the game but the expansion is freaking expensive, I don't have a lot of money (yet, will get paid soon) and I don't have time to play any games right now (yet, but will get vacations soonish)...

And then there's that recent steam sale...

I can recommend Ibb and Obb to everyone. It's fun...

Man, it's depressing to see how few hours I've put in all of my steam games...

I fear I'm not a "true gamer" as I once thought I was.

@Falcom: I never tried Heartstone, but as a passionate aspiring wannabe tabletop game designer I hate it pre-emptively for using a really simple and uninspiring gimmick that is vastly more succesfull than any convoluted game mechanic I have thought of so far. And I have MANY of those. In a word, I think the game is boring.
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 22 07v2DaMWed Jun 24, 2015 8:58 pm

So I've been cycling between The Elder Scrolls IV and Dragon Ball Xenoverse, leaning toward Oblivion, since Xenoverse release, which is both fun and terrible, as even if you play a life-sucker game in a non-life sucking fashion, it will take away all your game time. I think I'll finally get back to Republic Commando... which will also take forever because the game is hard.

Speaking of Ubisoft games, any fans of the early 2000s Prince of Persia games? Because Sands of Time's wall-jumping seems to have suddenly stopped working, leaving me stuck at 5%.

Slivendiferious wrote:
Man, it's depressing to see how few hours I've put in all of my steam games...

I fear I'm not a "true gamer" as I once thought I was.

I figured out how to deal with this a while back; realize that every game that will ever go on sale on Steam will go on sale again in the future. Suddenly you stop caring. I bought nothing. I've got a handful of unfinished Steam games, I intend to keep it that way.
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 22 07v2DaMWed Jun 24, 2015 10:31 pm

^Not only that, but sometimes they get even cheaper in a future sale. I've been trying to buy games only when I know I'll actually play them, otherwise they just sit there.

Back to top Go down
Dracos

Dracos

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 22 07v2DaMThu Jun 25, 2015 12:30 am

I just finished path of radiance today. Nice to finish it after I took a break before the final level and kept putting it off.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 22 07v2DaMThu Jun 25, 2015 3:02 am

So DMC4 is a great port, it's done by Access Games actually, but don't get it for the extra characters. Lady is not very well designed, she's basically Gunslinger style (she starts with handguns and a shotgun just like Dante) but her only physical weapon is the Kalina Ann which is super slow and only has a single combo; her grappling hook also doesn't reposition enemies, it just throws them up or knocks them down, so you have no way to quickly approach enemies or bring them to you apart from the shotgun thrust move you start with. Considering that Gunslinger is by far the worst Style in DMC, I don't know what they were thinking.

I've heard that Vergil and Trish are just like their previous appearances, except Vergil now has a Concentration meter that increases as you spend more time in close vicinity with enemies, and it increases his reach and power, which is a really nice idea because he doesn't really have styles of his own (Nero at least has the Exceed mechanic.)
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 22 07v2DaMFri Jun 26, 2015 1:09 am

Taiyz wrote:
So DMC4 is a great port, it's done by Access Games actually,

So Capcom dropped MT Framework? A shame for whatever future PC ports they put out.

Taiyz wrote:
her grappling hook also doesn't reposition enemies, it just throws them up or knocks them down, so you have no way to quickly approach enemies or bring them to you apart from the shotgun thrust move you start with.

It could have been her equivalent of the Devil Bringer, but then if she only has one combo, what purpose would that serve?
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 22 07v2DaMFri Jun 26, 2015 2:05 am

She's got an air version of the combo and a Helm Bringer/Split move called Bayonet Stinger, but she has no reason/ability to use them because she doesn't have any moves that carry her into the air like if you hold the button after performing High Roller.

It's clear that the intent is to hook enemies into the air then blast them, but considering that they didn't change the scoring mechanic and she only seems to gain Style from melee attacks which she can never perform due to being a slow, long-range character, I have absolutely no idea how you're expected to S rank anything.

And no, Revelations 2 was made with MT Framework 2.0 (debuted with Lost Planet 2.) I actually don't recall if there was an MT Framework logo in DMC4SE or not.
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 22 07v2DaMFri Jun 26, 2015 3:29 pm

I found an article on the Steam forums about the game engine. http://steamcommunity.com/app/329050/discussions/0/598199244893261017/

Quote :
Note: for those wondering, DMC4SE runs on an updated engine with better shadows and enhanced lighting compared to the original DMC4.

I can't find what version it is, though.
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 22 07v2DaMSat Jun 27, 2015 12:16 am

Excellent. If the engine's limitations are showing so be it, but if Capcom is really going to start relying on enhanced re-releases, granted we don't know what that is going to mean in practice, than I would certainly hang on to the engine that makes Windows ports easier.
Back to top Go down
Yumi-Yumi

Yumi-Yumi

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 22 07v2DaMSun Jun 28, 2015 9:33 am

I actually never played the first DMC so I have no idea what Trish is like.
Anyone care to enlighten me?
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 22 07v2DaMSun Jun 28, 2015 3:15 pm

Sorry, I remembered just now that it was actually MvC3 that I heard she was like. Basically she's got electrical moves and traps that hold a person in place (like Dante's summoned swords weapon in DMC4) and she can swing around the sparda blade to attack enemies in swathes. She seems more interesting and versatile than Lady but I don't feel like slogging through Lady's half of the game to reach her.

DylDawg wrote:
Best Buy/ FOr some reason, their bundle is like 50, but normal Vita TV is like 80

Bought Burst before, but gotta try the Vita games. Hoping to continue my Nepventures as well. At least this time, this won't be as portable as a regular vita
I ended up getting the bundle for 59.99 during a second sale immediately after (continuing until July 2nd BTW.) It's basically out of stock completely online and I work late shifts so I got lucky and managed to reserve the last one in town on Friday and went out there yesterday morning.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 22 07v2DaMTue Jul 21, 2015 7:38 pm

Journey is out on PS4, so you should get it if you haven't. It lives up to everything everyone's ever said about it. I dicked around in the first level until I found a guy who was cooperative and wanted to work as a team (good litmus tests would be trying to meditate together for twenty seconds (can you figure out which button makes me do the thing!?) and/or seeing if they try to build the bridge without waiting for you, AKA did they read the trophy list) and then we played through the entire game together and friended one another. The_GinjaBear, good guy/gal.

We missed a couple things, but they were just due to our mutual lack of experience, neither of us dragged the other down...Well, apart from one bit where I missed a glowing symbol, they pointed it out at the end-of-level collectible markers and we had difficulty communicating whether we wanted to go back for it or not, or how to even get back (we eventually did which was amazing for a game with no chat besides radar pings.)

Using your pings to fly in tandem is one of the most memorable game mechanics I think I've ever had the pleasure to experience, that's a thing that I've never heard anybody mention but is my personal favourite element of the game.

Also, Onechanbara ZII: Chaos is out, and HOLY SHIT is it ever good. It's literally a character action game now, although it's still about racking up the hits on a bunch of fodder enemies compared to say, Bayonetta, where enemies are fought in fewer number but fight in more unique ways. The previous games that came to the west only had two combos for each character, the appeal was trying to master the timing to deal extra damage through the "Cool" combo mechanic (press attack just as your blade hits the opponent to perform them, trying to complete an entire Cool string was a rush, very reminiscent of mechanics from early Assassin's Creed games, and the combat from Lightning Returns borrowed this mechanic.) Now you've got three weapons per character from the start, light and heavy attacks, ranged/sub-weapon/style commands, everything has combos, there are air combos, attacks to knock enemies into the air, helm breaker-style knock-down moves, chase moves and dashes from Senran Kagura (it's made by Tamsoft, so this is basically violent Senran Kagura with character action flair rather than Musou-esque brawls.) The dub is also excellent, the Engrish that Kagura had in Japanese is the best, in the dub she says the phrases in Japanese but with the exact same "I sound awesome in this foreign language" kind of attitude. First time I've seen a dub flip that on its head and actually sound just like the original.

I was NOT expecting the series to evolve so much over literally two iterations. The last time something like this happened was Assassin's Creed II and Brotherhood, and while that's a lofty comparison it totally fits. This game I'd even dare to say is more hype than DMC4, though Bayonetta's still on top if you ignore the Wii U's garbage controllers.
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 22 07v2DaMMon Aug 17, 2015 5:45 pm

ITS FREAKING DONE!!!!

Games you've played today - Page 22 4e5c1cdbbc

Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 22 07v2DaMTue Aug 18, 2015 5:44 pm

I finally finished As Nosurge. Around 70 hours into the game, I was max level with both parties. I didn't skip a single fight until the very end --- when there was 50 freaking waves! It was infuriating because the game explains things so poorly.

"Go there". Okay, there's 2 location with that name (both locations have 50 waves). It just happen that the place you need to go was previously blocked (all game) by an invisible wall...

Anyway, the game was average... It started out extremely slow and I hated it. It got better later on.

I had huge issues with bosses earlier on because apparently, you need to craft 2 items (1 for each party). It took me a lot of hours of pure grinding to get through them. I checked some Youtube video and people killed those bosses at level 20ish while I was level 50ish.

It took me a long time to figure out what most things did...

Once I figured out how this game worked, I breezed through it as I was over-geared and over-leveled...

I'm used to final bosses with 2-3 phase. That last one had more than I ever witnessed!

5/10 in my book.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 22 07v2DaMTue Aug 18, 2015 11:34 pm

^Ar Nosurge was a cinch as long as you crafted everything you could asap, but I still loved it, especially at certain moments. The way you take on the role of yourself, the person on your side of the screen yet have influence in their world, was really engaging and different from "being" a character in the game, whether that character thinks for themself or not. It manages to break the fourth wall as a plot device while keeping you immersed.

In obtaining one of the trophies for platinum, the game actually made me feel like complete shit for doing what I did to get the trophy. I won't spoil it what moment this was, but it was effectively a hidden Bad Ending, and in order to get it, you the player have to make a choice, and they really succeeded in making me feel terrible for making that choice.

I've honestly never had a game make me think about my actions within it like that before. I've probably done all sorts of terrible shit to game characters when goofing around. But this? Holy shit. Within the context of the game itself the characters had put their full trust in me, the player, and I totally blew it all for a fucking trophy.

Again, not going to say exactly what it was as that would be a massive spoiler, but... Bravo, Ar Nosurge, for making me feel like a monster for my actions in a video game. That's a first.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 22 07v2DaMWed Aug 19, 2015 3:22 am

Sounds a lot like Baten Kaitos.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 22 07v2DaMWed Aug 19, 2015 5:35 am

Grinding Guild Wars 2 with some pals. Fun game.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 22 07v2DaMWed Aug 19, 2015 9:49 am

Taiyz wrote:
Sounds a lot like Baten Kaitos.
Nah Baten Kaitos did it quite differently IIRC. In Baten Kaitos I believe you were actually regarded as some sort of divine guide, or a god?

Kinda spoilery but when the Ar Nosurge characters discover you they are not happy about it.
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 22 07v2DaMWed Aug 19, 2015 8:48 pm

Tenshigami wrote:
^Ar Nosurge was a cinch as long as you crafted everything you could asap, but I still loved it, especially at certain moments. The way you take on the role of yourself, the person on your side of the screen yet have influence in their world, was really engaging and different from "being" a character in the game, whether that character thinks for themself or not. It manages to break the fourth wall as a plot device while keeping you immersed.

In obtaining one of the trophies for platinum, the game actually made me feel like complete shit for doing what I did to get the trophy. I won't spoil it what moment this was, but it was effectively a hidden Bad Ending, and in order to get it, you the player have to make a choice, and they really succeeded in making me feel terrible for making that choice.

I've honestly never had a game make me think about my actions within it like that before. I've probably done all sorts of terrible shit to game characters when goofing around. But this? Holy shit. Within the context of the game itself the characters had put their full trust in me, the player, and I totally blew it all for a fucking trophy.

Again, not going to say exactly what it was as that would be a massive spoiler, but... Bravo, Ar Nosurge, for making me feel like a monster for my actions in a video game. That's a first.

Heh, I wasn't even aware that there was more than 1 ending. From my point of view, choices only affected dialogue. I haven't noticed any difference in-game. I'm happy that you enjoyed the game. For me, it's wasn't amazing.

I have to admit, though, that I stopped reading most texts around the beginning. I spent over 1 hour "crafting" and reading what characters had to say. At some point, I was like "why am I even reading this?". I spent another 30 minutes spamming X and crafting...

Every time I had to craft, I was like "oh boy, here we go again".

They could've cut in half the number of crafting and I might've read everything. It was just too much.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 22 07v2DaMWed Aug 19, 2015 10:52 pm

Uh, but the whole point of the game was the text - at least the main story stuff. Crafting text is honestly skippable tho.

There are, I believe, 3 or 4 endings. The true ending requires a number of things including  crafting some very specific items. The bad ending (not the official name but I consider it bad and the real name is a spoiler) requires making a specific choice during one scene and ends the game upon making that choice, and I think there's one ending each for beating the final boss as either Delta or Earthes.

EDIT: Okay, 5 endings. 1 Bad ending plus normal and true endings for Delta & Cas and Earthes & Ion each.

I do kind of agree that it isn't much of a game though. Battles are over in seconds and it's really easy. But I still enjoyed it a lot. To be fair, if I weren't a fan of the Ar tonelico series I would not have liked Ar noSurge. It was all the similarities (and full blown connections) to Ar tonelico lore that made the experience worth it.
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 22 07v2DaMThu Aug 20, 2015 12:07 am

Honestly, it was the crafting text that I was skipping. Main story, I read it. As for the "dive" text, I read it at times. Most of it was not really important.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 22 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Games you've played today
Page 22 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next