Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS

Go down 
+39
Shadowfox
Sakura1106
Psypher
Samaƫl
Dracos
Jazzeh
King Cat the Sixth
CyborgZeta
Shy Link
Arn
Scrawlers
Bo Staff Katana
Naoshi
ShirleyVaga
Tenshigami
Zwei.0
Suikoden
Divinus Fulmen
Colour
TrulyBigHeaded
Abicion
warriorangel01
Yoh-dono
Falcom
DylDawg
Zacewing
TimeFactor
Varrius
Drake
Rainstorm
Txn
Celestial Phoenix
BlazingFiddlesticks
DreamSword
Slivendiferious
Moontoon
senelcoolidge
Prinny
Taiyz
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 18 07v2DaMSat Apr 18, 2015 9:20 pm

Added you, Sakura. (I use the same name on the Nintendo Network as I use here or anywhere else.)

I was kind of busy today being dragged around by family but I should hopefully be available to Smash tomorrow.

Something I noticed today: The announcer has this weird way of announcing the name of Jigglypuff and Greninja that he doesn't do for any of the other fighters. There seems to be... how would you put it, far less... fanfare behind his voice for them? Like he doesn't consider them to be contenders.
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 18 07v2DaMFri May 01, 2015 4:14 pm

I've notice that too. It's kind of amusing imo.

Smash this weekend, anyone?
Back to top Go down
http://moontoon.deviantart.com
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 18 07v2DaMThu Jul 30, 2015 2:13 pm

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/30/tales-of-symphonias-lloyd-joins-super-smash-bros-as-a-mii-fighter-costume/

Screw you Nintendo, your horrible Mii travesty can't possibly stand in for the real thing. Real Lloyd would never leave his second sword sheathed in a fight. Because two swords means twice the power!
Back to top Go down
Celestial Phoenix

Celestial Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 18 07v2DaMThu Jul 30, 2015 4:00 pm

That's a Lloyd who climbed out of the "dumbass JRPG protagonist" shell. I'm kidding...Or am I? Lloyd wasn't going to come in even as a DLC character, Namco already has their rep.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 18 07v2DaMThu Jul 30, 2015 5:28 pm

Well, outside of 'dumbass JRPG protagonist' logic, a second sword is generally kept sheathed and reserved for ritual suicide via seppuku.

A fitting end for Liioyd.
Back to top Go down
Celestial Phoenix

Celestial Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 18 07v2DaMThu Jul 30, 2015 11:36 pm

Well, I don't really see him as a samurai, but that does make sense. On-topic, I'm looking forward to tourney mode and uploading replays to Youtube. I'm so glad I never deleted my old ones.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 18 07v2DaMFri Jul 31, 2015 12:54 am

But isn't the new update going to cause your replays to be unviewable?
Back to top Go down
Celestial Phoenix

Celestial Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 18 07v2DaMFri Jul 31, 2015 1:14 am

If there are balance changes, yes... But this seems to be a relatively small patch. Besides, if you recall the recent Smash Bros Direct, Sakurai stated that we'll be able to post old replays via Youtube. This also meaning that we can convert them to video files.

Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 18 07v2DaMFri Jul 31, 2015 3:06 am

Right, but since the replays are just scripts, the replay needs to still be viewable for you to be able to convert it. So as long as your replays are from after the Ryu update, you're good I guess.
Back to top Go down
Celestial Phoenix

Celestial Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 18 07v2DaMFri Jul 31, 2015 6:31 am

We'll see. Sakurai has strongly hinted it's possible.

Edit: Goddammit. Well, I'm not giving up some of my finest moments. There is and will be a way to pull these old replays out.
Back to top Go down
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
Bo Staff Katana

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 18 07v2DaMFri Jul 31, 2015 1:39 pm

It looks like the west got the tournament mode yesterday. After reading the article on IGN a few days ago, I was expecting this in August for some reason. I am a little sad that there isn't a way to set up a tournament offline though it shouldn't affect me. All of my friends are scattered all over the world anyway.

With all that said, it looks like there are a lot of options for setting up tournaments online. Does anyone have any interest in doing this? Although it would be ideal to have people play online all at the same time, there are at least limits on the number of matches one can partake in per day, among other settings. I am really excited that you can even set the battles to stamina. Again, is anyone interested in trying this?
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 18 07v2DaMFri Jul 31, 2015 2:26 pm

Depends on how bad the lag would be :') Could be fun, though!
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 18 07v2DaMFri Jul 31, 2015 6:38 pm

How do the tournaments even work? I don't play games when you people seem to be online.

Celestial Phoenix wrote:
We'll see. Sakurai has strongly hinted it's possible.

Edit: Goddammit. Well, I'm not giving up some of my finest moments. There is and will be a way to pull these old replays out.
Yeah, I came here to mention http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/jul/31/super-smash-bros-4-community-patch-notes-details-massive-list-balance-changes-characters-latest-update/
Back to top Go down
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
Bo Staff Katana

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 18 07v2DaMFri Jul 31, 2015 8:31 pm

Taiyz wrote:
How do the tournaments even work? I don't play games when you people seem to be online.

I for one have no clue, which is why I wouldn't mind creating one to figure it out.
Back to top Go down
Celestial Phoenix

Celestial Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 18 07v2DaMFri Jul 31, 2015 11:25 pm

There are two types of online tourneys: Player-made and Regular. Player-made tourneys are limited but are easier to join at this time. They are often based on how many points you can earn while the tourney is up. Aka, Mario Kart 8. Player-made tourneys lack the option to make it 1v1 which is a massive disappointment to those looking forward to this feature. You can make these stock, timed, coin, and even special battles.

Regular Tourney is a live tournament session where you can join a preset of listed tourneys that start in specific times; it's pretty straight-forward. The rules of these bug me though, as they allow customs with equipment in most of the list. What if I wanted to do a no-assist-items item switch, no custom characters, FG only tourney? Nope, they all either have items on or off in FG or a typical FG-only rule set: 2 stock, Omega stage, 3 min. 90% of them allow customs.

However, the tourney mode finally allows us to use Mii fighters online now and not only with friends so that's nice at least.
Back to top Go down
GhostAnime

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 18 07v2DaMSun Sep 13, 2015 11:35 pm

I need to play some people here.
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 18 07v2DaMMon Sep 14, 2015 2:48 am

Me! Not sure how bad the lag would be, though.
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 18 07v2DaMTue Dec 15, 2015 8:00 am

So, who else is excited about today's stream? Which character(s) are you hoping for? I'd be super happy for Inklings. Wouldn't be surprised if they'd add Linkle, though.

Edit: No Inklings. RIP me.

Kamui/Corrin could be fun, though.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 18 07v2DaMTue Dec 15, 2015 9:31 pm

Linkle would've been really goddamn great. Still, though, Bayonetta? WE DID IT GUYS

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/dec/15/fire-emblems-corrin-join-super-smash-bros-wii-u-february/

Also I can't wait to get home and buy Cloud.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 18 07v2DaMTue Dec 15, 2015 10:03 pm

Forgive me if I'm wrong as I have yet to actually play Bayonetta, but it seems to me like they added more cloth to the upper half of her costumes? I don't really care either way - I'm not one of those people out there screaming 'censorship!' about other recent games, and Smash is rated E after all - I'm just curious.

Though I do find it mildly amusing that Bayonetta is arguably more modestly dressed compared to Zero Suit Samus.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 18 07v2DaMWed Dec 16, 2015 4:00 am

No? I don't think there's any censorship, they even have her clothes disappearing when she uses them to construct her Wicked Weaves.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 18 07v2DaMWed Dec 16, 2015 11:00 am

Taiyz wrote:
they even have her clothes disappearing when she uses them to construct her Wicked Weaves
Seems a bit toned down from what I remember in gameplay footage of Bayonetta. But again, Smash is rated E (well, E10+).

Looking again at the reveal trailer, and screenshots from Bayonetta 2, I guess I was just confused by the strips of cloth (or hair?) dangling from her top with the Bayonetta 2 costume, which features prominently in the reveal trailer. That actually IS in Bayonetta 2, but screenshots that are only from her head down to her chest kind of hide it.
Back to top Go down
Celestial Phoenix

Celestial Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 18 07v2DaMWed Dec 16, 2015 11:54 pm

Looks like they're doing the same thing with Corrin like they did with Roy in Melee: Advertising. History does repeat themselves though as they are shit-tier character personalities in their games.
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 18 07v2DaMFri Dec 18, 2015 10:47 am

Well, I like Roy, and Corrin looks interesting to me. Really excited for the new Fire Emblem next year!
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 18 07v2DaMSat Dec 19, 2015 1:34 am

Moontoon wrote:
Well, I like Roy, and Corrin looks interesting to me. Really excited for the new Fire Emblem next year!

Same, but I just wish I knew which version I want to get @.@

I enjoy the decisions they went with, Cloud feeling very left field but you know that's cool. I'm excited for the additions the Midgar stage is bringing, I love summon spirit cameos!

I have yet to buy any DLC characters, really do want to get Lucas and Mewtwo, I still haven't gotten around to buying the console version of the game even...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 18 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS
Page 18 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next