Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)

Go down 
+52
Venom
Meow Wow
Crystal Power
Naoshi
watermelon-lhant
Juanblue85
Friendzie
Prinny
Dracos
Scrawlers
PanbanRichard
Ryu
ShirleyVaga
fateoffate
Taiyz
Cagesry
Lloyzerdk
Dimentionalist
Txn
Zappa
Yoh-dono
Zacewing
Abicion
Yume Hanabi
Drake
King Cat the Sixth
NexeorF
cutepresea
BlazingFiddlesticks
Xhakum
Suki
DreamSword
Red_Rose
Emil12345
Suikoden
Slivendiferious
Arn
TimeFactor
Zwei.0
Colour
Meowzy
Tenshigami
Moontoon
Tsuki
Dcrigg
DylDawg
Harbinger
Falcom
HCSteven
Samaƫl
GroundhogDay
Rainstorm
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 15 07v2DaMThu Aug 28, 2014 8:47 pm

Wait, so I can't make a party of 4 Divines? That's pretty bs right here because 99% of the time I don't main the MC.

If it's because of the Kamui power it's not justificable because Edna and Mikleo have a contract with Lailah no?
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 15 07v2DaMThu Aug 28, 2014 10:50 pm

The Kamui power is so far, exclusive to Sorey (and with this news, most likely Alisha too). I haven't read or I'm not updated yet if the contract between Divines has any gameplay significance.
Back to top Go down
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 15 07v2DaMFri Aug 29, 2014 5:40 am

Yeah apparently Sorey and Alisha are fixed members. We don't know if Alisha can use Kamui. Some say no, but others say she might later. I hope so.

Most commenters say they can see why Sorey is mandatory but don't understand why Alisha is. tbh I'm happy that Alisha is too (of course the best would be no mandatory at all!) but I wonder why the reason for that is... I hope she has a special power too or something.
Back to top Go down
http://yume-x-hanabi.tumblr.com
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 15 07v2DaMFri Aug 29, 2014 9:18 am

Quite frankly I hope it's more "party must have Sorey and/OR Alisha active". If an entire half your battle party is fixed, that'd really suck.
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 15 07v2DaMFri Aug 29, 2014 9:30 am

I don't like when games limit my shit, even more party members. At this rate it would be the same as X/2 to trigger hi-ougis too, damn. :/
Back to top Go down
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 15 07v2DaMFri Aug 29, 2014 12:44 pm

Yeah, I really don't like Namco going in that direction. The fun of Tales is to have so many characters to choose from!

I'd like to see a Tales where they drop this hero/heroine thing and instead make the game about the whole party. That'd be cool...
Back to top Go down
http://yume-x-hanabi.tumblr.com
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 15 07v2DaMFri Aug 29, 2014 1:36 pm

Yume Hanabi wrote:
I'd like to see a Tales where they drop this hero/heroine thing and instead make the game about the whole party. That'd be cool...
Yeah, while it's hard to not have a character stand out as the 'lead', I'd love for them to try an approach similar to Final Fantasy VI where the party splits up and the 'lead' character changes a lot.
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 15 07v2DaMFri Aug 29, 2014 3:33 pm

Tenshigami wrote:
Yume Hanabi wrote:
Yeah, while it's hard to not have a character stand out as the 'lead', I'd love for them to try an approach similar to Final Fantasy VI where the party splits up and the 'lead' character changes a lot.
Sweet baby jesus, that's ingenious! I'd play that game in a heartbeat! xD
Back to top Go down
Drake
Admin
Drake

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 15 07v2DaMSun Aug 31, 2014 12:20 am

I'm not sure if anyone else was paying attention, but the animations in the field have improved a lot since the previous videos, and they actually implemented a bunch of changes since the past battle video. I was trying to figure out what was linked to the kamui transformations, but it looks like they have some debug setting on where they can transform whenever, which we probably won't be able to. Anyways I'm pretty excited.

I'll translate the above link tomorrow if I remember.

The basics are:
- Yes, the party is two humans and two of the Tenzoku at all times. Sorey and Alicia are fixed, and you can choose between the four Tenzoku as lead members, but they can be trivially switched out at all times with the D-pad anyways. Essentially, all of your party is always accessible.
- Unlike Corpse Shell in Xillia 2 that is basically kill-everything mode, the Kamui are used more as increasing attack variation than anything. As was obvious.
- The game is in the final stretch of development, and basically everything just has to be put together. After that is thorough playtesting and tweaking.
- The battle camera is likely the very last thing to be pulled together, so even the battle camera at the TGS demo still won't be final. In other words stop harping on it because it'll still be changed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Vulcapyro
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 15 07v2DaMSun Aug 31, 2014 2:06 am

Ugh, I hope at least they do the same thing they did with Ludger and enable them to be kicked out of the party on later playthroughts. Still a terrible choice tbh looks like the battle system is regretting.

And thanks for the camera bit, I was worried that the camera would end like that.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 15 07v2DaMSun Aug 31, 2014 3:42 am

I don't mind the 2 human 2 divine thing, but only if the number of human and divine was the same. In this case, both Sorey and Alisha are guaranteed compulsory member, so team dynamics/customization is going to be fairly limited.

But I only use male MC in every game so I don't really care anyhow.

I had never been worried about camera because Tales always have multiple camera options so I can just switch around for the most fitting one.
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 15 07v2DaMFri Sep 05, 2014 4:55 pm

Last edited by Suikiwiden on Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DreamSword
Handsome Hobo
DreamSword

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 15 07v2DaMFri Sep 05, 2014 4:56 pm

So then chances are that we here in America will probably be getting the game around mid-Spring. Goodness, so many Tales games in such a short amount of time.
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 15 07v2DaMFri Sep 05, 2014 5:00 pm

I feel likely we'll prolly get it around Summer. 6 months feels like a reasonable amount of time.
Back to top Go down
GroundhogDay

GroundhogDay

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 15 07v2DaMFri Sep 05, 2014 5:18 pm

I wonder if we'll get an English trailer soon then. Xillia 2 got its first trailer around this time last year.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 15 07v2DaMSat Sep 06, 2014 3:06 am

Suikiwiden wrote:
I feel likely we'll prolly get it around Summer. 6 months feels like a reasonable amount of time.
If they do indeed release Zesty in Summer again, then I bet it'll be the season we get new Tales games lol.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 15 07v2DaMSun Sep 07, 2014 12:26 am

If we get it in Summer then I hope it won't be August....
Back to top Go down
TimeFactor

TimeFactor

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 15 07v2DaMMon Sep 08, 2014 6:17 pm

Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 15 17ee2fcf
Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 15 0a7ccc50

Hold me, Love Interest D:
Back to top Go down
Dracos

Dracos

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 15 07v2DaMMon Sep 08, 2014 6:43 pm

I hope Alisha gets to fuse with the divine since it would help alleviate the fact that she is going to be in the party at all times and give some more variety. I wonder if shes going to play like Sorey or be more tank like or fragile but fast.
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 15 07v2DaMMon Sep 08, 2014 9:23 pm

She's probably going to be a female Loni.
Back to top Go down
Dracos

Dracos

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 15 07v2DaMTue Sep 09, 2014 12:05 am

Does anyone know if we still can control the non fixed members in battle?
Back to top Go down
Drake
Admin
Drake

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 15 07v2DaMTue Sep 09, 2014 3:31 am

Now that would be the end for me. It makes zero sense for them not all to be playable, especially because two members are static and you can switch out any of the others. I seriously seriously doubt they would do this to the series.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Vulcapyro
Dracos

Dracos

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 15 07v2DaMTue Sep 09, 2014 10:34 pm

Hopefully they won't as the other fixed ones allow you to control everyone still but sometimes devs make odd and illogical choices. I guess we just have to wait for the Tokyo game show and hope that it shows whether or not you can.
Back to top Go down
GroundhogDay

GroundhogDay

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 15 07v2DaMWed Sep 10, 2014 9:26 am

New character Rose:

http://gematsu.com/2014/09/tales-zestiria-japanese-release-date-set

Uses knives and is designed by Fujishima.
Back to top Go down
Dracos

Dracos

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 15 07v2DaMWed Sep 10, 2014 9:57 am

Everything i know is a lie. This adds so many new questions such as are sorey and alisha still fixed? Are we getting a new male to even out the number and gender like the other? I just hope they are they are getting rid of the fixed things and just making it any two humans. I also noticed that in the picture in shows the whole party with rose included, the only other one is presumably zaveid sodo you think he is going to be playable or just a major villian?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 15 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)
Page 15 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next