Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Winter 2013/2014 Anime Season

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

Winter 2013/2014 Anime Season Empty
PostSubject: Winter 2013/2014 Anime Season   Winter 2013/2014 Anime Season 07v2DaMMon Feb 03, 2014 1:08 pm

Figured I'd remake this thread since the anime section looks so depressingly empty now. I don't have a link to a chart of this season's anime or I'd put it in this post.

So how's everyone liking this season so far?

I'm watching a lot more shows than this but these are the stand-out shows for me so far.

Wizard Barristers: How can I best describe this? It's like Witch Hunter Robin meets Ace Attorney with a perverted talking frog (if you're into that) and occasional, almost Sailor Moon-ish "in the name of the moon" style quips that make me smile. ("Turn yourself in!... I'll represent you <3") Loving it so far!

Log Horizon: Started airing last season, but its still in its second half right now. God I love this show. Why? Because it goes out of its way to not be .hack// or Sword Art Online. The first episode may make you think it'll be a rip-off of either of those shows but don't bother comparing it to them and leave all expectations at the door because Log Horizon is its own thing. Forget being "trapped in the game", what if the game suddenly became actual reality? What if the rules of this new reality were much the same as the game (you get resurrected if you die) but with certain major differences that you'd need to either figure out or adjust to? Also, it's written by the same person as Spice & Wolf and Maoyuu. There's even a small MMO economics arc!
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Winter 2013/2014 Anime Season   Winter 2013/2014 Anime Season 07v2DaMMon Feb 03, 2014 3:18 pm

Ehh lately the seasons have been really dry for me, the only real highlights for me are Vanguard and a bit of Log Horizon, so Saturdays <3

Silver Spoon S2, Kuroko S2 and FalGaku are sick as well. Would love to give reasoning but I gotta go back to my assignment due in a few days Sad
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Admin
Ryu

PostSubject: Re: Winter 2013/2014 Anime Season   Winter 2013/2014 Anime Season 07v2DaMMon Feb 03, 2014 4:48 pm

Haven't really watched anything this season (or last for that matter). Might start with Log Horizon since it sounds pretty good.

Azulade wrote:
Silver Spoon S2
Aaaah, it's already airing? I totally forgot!
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Winter 2013/2014 Anime Season   Winter 2013/2014 Anime Season 07v2DaMTue Feb 04, 2014 1:42 am

Silver Spoon, Kill la Kill (I know it looks ridiculous, but it's really entertaining), Log Horizon, and Falcom Gakuen are all my watch list this season.

Excited for next season more though, JOJO!
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Winter 2013/2014 Anime Season   Winter 2013/2014 Anime Season 07v2DaMWed Feb 05, 2014 4:36 am

I find myself watching the most amount of shows this season, but that's most probably because of a lot of shows I'm watching are carried over from the previous. Regardless, I think that this season and the last has been pretty enjoyable for me.

I like writing so screw your tl;dr.

Seitokai Yakuindomo Bleep - More SYD will never hurt.
Buddy Complex - Well, I'm a sucker for mecha anime. The title sounded very wrong for me at first, but I braced myself and tried it anyway. Safe to say that I am really liking the mecha design and the MC personality. Even during the attack on school, he remained calm and assessed the situation brilliantly. Usually, one would wallow in confusion and go "why me" in a very nauseating monologue, but Aoba instead opted to lure the assailant away from school, even if he didn't have a hint of a plan. He's also pretty good at adapting to circumstances when considering he was thrown into a pretty bizarre time and situation despite only being a very normal high schooler just a moment ago. Regardless, the use of 'coupling' and 'proposing' between two male is a pretty weird term but who cares, the mecha is awesome enough. There's also someone that feels like Lockon Stratos played by Sugita. And Allelujah Haptism. Hopefully, this is going to be more like MJP instead of Valvrave.
Nobunaga the Fool - oh yeah ginga bishounen and sugita da vinci. Anime gets pretty slow after episode 1, but will keep watching as long as Nobunaga does what he want with everlasting smile of absolute confidence.
Nobunagun - I'm no sexist, but I find it hard to like a female MC, and Ogura Shio is not an exception. She showed some huge promise at the end of episode 1, but the next two episode kinda forcibly painted her as being just another schoolgirl with her own complexes. For fuck sake, she's THE Oda Nobunaga, make her do some unorthodox strategizing and kill stuff with maniacal laugh already.
Noragami - It's okay I guess. Yatogami is very interesting as MC, but the other 2 felt bland. More Yato, less Hiyori pls.
Mahou Sensou - The premise is pretty cool, though after the first episode, everything is kinda slow-paced. I tried looking up the manga, but it has only like 3 chapters translated. Might drop this if MC don't kick some ass soon.
D-Frag - It's the closest to Yankee-kun and Megane-chan anime that I can get. Masochist Ataru is funny enough, Fukuyama Jun just made him outright hillarious.
Strange+ - Mindless short anime just for fun. It's only 2++ minutes, so why not?
Pupa - What the flying fuck is this? I refuse to drop this until I find out what the hell is going on.
Nourin - Despite the really weird fanservice, the show is incredibly funny and the MC is pretty smart and dumb at the same time, and has some awesome English.

Carried Over From Last Season

Gundam Build Fighters - Children playing children toys fighting other children's toys, with absolutely diverse and truly awesome soundtrack. Dat flamenco! Also, fluorescent-caped Gundam ftw.
Log Horizon - economy and political babble whee. I read the light novel after watching the anime, and I have to say that this is a very well done novel adaptation. I like how the novel's lengthy description is turned into Shiroe's monologue in the anime - it immersed me into the story's universe while doesn't feel redundant. Also, Rundelhaus Code.
Tokyo Ravens - Touji best character. I don't really have anything against the use of CG in anime, so I don't care. Hurrtora is okay I guess, like, not outright dumb, just slow.
Samurai Flamenco - I don't know what I'm even watching anymore. At first it was like an anime version of Kick Ass, with more moral value and heart warming scenes. Then came episode 7, I was like "lol shit just got real" and the show goes full tokusatsu parody. The fight with King Torture had some great lines and the closure was enjoyable at least. Then it goes all Super Sentai what the hell. And right now, it's going through the American "vigilante against corruption" phase. Whatever, I might as well finish it.

Dropped

Chuunibyou S2 - The main reason I liked the 1st season was because of Yuuta's very awkward denial of his syndrome, and this season's romance felt kinda superficial with a lot of very forced 'cute' stuff. Not exactly my cup of tea.
Tonari no Seki-kun - I just find the manga version to be funnier, that's all.
Falcom Gakuen - As much as I love Adol the Red hugging the floor awaiting for girls to wake him up, it was just too short. Will wait until the series end before watching.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter 2013/2014 Anime Season   Winter 2013/2014 Anime Season 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Winter 2013/2014 Anime Season
Page 1 of 1