Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch?

Go down 
+15
Twinrehz
ShirleyVaga
Roadie
Slivendiferious
PanbanRichard
DoubleL
Silver Forte
Jazzeh
Chosen of Mana
Moontoon
Bo Staff Katana
Tenshigami
Txn
Prinny
Taiyz
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Jazzeh
Admin
Jazzeh

Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch?   Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch? - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Jun 02, 2014 2:24 am

By the way, the communities function from MK7 was taken out, and the most similar thing to it is the Tournament function in online. We can try to setup a tournament code that just runs daily so anyone with the code can hop right in if they want.
Back to top Go down
http://jazzmorelikespazz.tumblr.com
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch?   Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch? - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Jun 02, 2014 5:35 am

So I'm assuming that Nintendo's still in backwardsland where you can't just set up a private lobby, choose a course/create a cup, select the item settings and go?

Like what every other console has been doing for a generation?
Back to top Go down
Twinrehz

Twinrehz

PostSubject: Re: Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch?   Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch? - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Jun 02, 2014 9:22 am

Hmmmmno, Mario Kart hasn't sold me on Wii U either. I just don't grasp the fascination with the damn motion controller, it's just not the way I find games enjoyable. Guess I'll have to stick to my conservative ideas on how gaming should be.  lol! 

Seriously though, I ditched Nintendo when they dragged out the Wii. I was completely disappointed with the whole idea, I never even considered to buy a Wii. I almost felt betrayed, after having stuck with them through the age of N64, the least supported machine that wasn't a total flop, and Gamecube, which I still hold in high regards as one of the greatest machines ever made, despite the fact that I don't have one any more. I have a history with Nintendo, and it is almost all gone now. Only the memories remain...

Funnily enough both my oldest brother and my sister each bought their own Wii, for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch?   Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch? - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Jun 02, 2014 11:09 am

Okay, but the primary controller is not the Wii Remote. You can play MK8 with the Wii U gamepad or Pro controllers. Even the Wii Classic Controller, not that I would recommend one.

I wasn't a fan of the Wii either, but your rant is really out of place here.
Back to top Go down
Twinrehz

Twinrehz

PostSubject: Re: Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch?   Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch? - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Jun 02, 2014 11:42 am

Taiyz wrote:
Okay, but the primary controller is not the Wii Remote. You can play MK8 with the Wii U gamepad or Pro controllers. Even the Wii Classic Controller, not that I would recommend one.
Not a fan of the pro controllers either.

Taiyz wrote:
I wasn't a fan of the Wii either, but your rant is really out of place here.
Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch?   Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch? - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Jun 02, 2014 9:06 pm

Good grief, there isn't even voice chat during gameplay? I don't really have a setup for Skype near my Wii U...
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch?   Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch? - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Jun 02, 2014 11:34 pm

Voice chat only works in private lobbies, not public.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch?   Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch? - Page 2 07v2DaMTue Jun 03, 2014 3:15 am

How do private lobbies work? Look at my previous post about lobbies in case I misspoke and wasn't corrected sooner.
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch?   Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch? - Page 2 07v2DaMTue Jun 03, 2014 10:38 am

You have to create a private room, and then they have to join you. You can't send game invites. You'll have to tell people to join you from message boards and such (or the Chat feature on the WiiU's main menu).
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch?   Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch? - Page 2 07v2DaMTue Jun 03, 2014 11:06 am

So it's still backwardsland, but what can you do in a private room? Does voice chat work during gameplay? Can you customize a course list?
Back to top Go down
DoubleL

DoubleL

PostSubject: Re: Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch?   Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch? - Page 2 07v2DaMTue Jun 03, 2014 1:53 pm

Voice chat does not work during gameplay, and each person in the room is allowed to vote for a stage, and one of these votes is then randomly chosen through a roulette.

So yeah, Nintendo's getting better with their online, but it is still mostly bunk.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch?   Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch? - Page 2 07v2DaMTue Jun 03, 2014 9:32 pm

DoubleL wrote:
So yeah, Nintendo's getting better with their online.
They got rid of friend codes.

Uhhh, what else did they change exactly? IDs are still locked to a console, there's no cross-game chat or chat during MK8's gameplay, in MK8 they got rid of community lobbies in favour of tournaments (neither of these are particularly good ideas in the first place.) The thing doesn't even have a messaging system, Wii U Chat is entirely video chat, isn't it?

Smash Bros. Brawl supported Wii Speak, didn't it? At least Smash Bros. U should have in-game chat...
Back to top Go down
warriorangel01

PostSubject: Re: Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch?   Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch? - Page 2 07v2DaMWed Jun 04, 2014 12:35 am

I don't have MK8 because I won't have a Wii U for the foreseeable future ( ;_; ), but can I just say how ridiculous some of the shit from MKTV is? It's amazing.

also, fucking shy guy

Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch? - Page 2 7TjZRVP

Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch? - Page 2 Tumblr_n6h9144Y8S1qc8pq6o1_400
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch?   Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch? - Page 2 07v2DaMWed Jun 04, 2014 6:43 am

My god, that Luigi deathstare xD
Back to top Go down
Twinrehz

Twinrehz

PostSubject: Re: Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch?   Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch? - Page 2 07v2DaMWed Jun 04, 2014 9:39 am

Awesome death stare! Soon Luigi will be a Mario-villain in his own right!

I'd perhaps consider both a WiiU and Mario Kart if I had someone to play it with.
Back to top Go down
warriorangel01

PostSubject: Re: Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch?   Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch? - Page 2 07v2DaMWed Jun 04, 2014 10:56 am

Twinrehz wrote:
I'd perhaps consider both a WiiU and Mario Kart if I had someone to play it with.
I've heard online is really good, if you don't have people to play locally with.
Back to top Go down
Twinrehz

Twinrehz

PostSubject: Re: Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch?   Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch? - Page 2 07v2DaMWed Jun 04, 2014 4:29 pm

To me it would take away the fun of being in the same room as the ones you're competing with. I actually kinda like that, it makes it more competitive, and more fun. (And less prone to raging, for my part).
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch?   Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch? - Page 2 07v2DaMWed Jun 04, 2014 4:38 pm

Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch? - Page 2 IbvaBGABREv1pe

I'm just waiting on a Future Shop gift card to arrive (benefits program through my workplace) and I'm gonna pick up the game.

So apparently Daisy is even more mental than ever. While Peach and Rosalina apparently have normal voice clips, Daisy just yells DAISY when you pick her, and then she does this:
https://i.imgur.com/oVOpIgx.gif

With Luigi's now-infamous "death stare" (seriously, the Ridin' Dirty video has made that phrase a term?) and this, they're quite the serial killer couple.
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch?   Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch? - Page 2 07v2DaMFri Jun 06, 2014 4:39 am

So do I need to get one of them steering wheels for this game? I sold mine along with my Mk Wii.

Last edited by Moontoon on Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://moontoon.deviantart.com
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch?   Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch? - Page 2 07v2DaMFri Jun 06, 2014 6:08 am

You never NEEDED the steering wheel, it's just for the sake of MUH
MUH
MUH
MOTION CONTROL IMMERSIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

You can use any Wii/U controller to play the game.
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch?   Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch? - Page 2 07v2DaMFri Jun 06, 2014 8:14 am

Alright XD Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
Bo Staff Katana

PostSubject: Re: Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch?   Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch? - Page 2 07v2DaMSun Jun 08, 2014 12:10 am

Soo.... My wife got me Mario Kart 8 as an early father's day gift. I probably won't dive into the game until next week since my sister is gonna visit and I would like to play the game with her without having an advantage. After that, I should be able to play some.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch?   Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch? - Page 2 07v2DaMThu Jun 19, 2014 3:22 pm

So, I ended up getting MK8 anyways.

Let's have a race sometime!
Back to top Go down
PanbanRichard

PanbanRichard

PostSubject: Re: Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch?   Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch? - Page 2 07v2DaMThu Jun 19, 2014 3:56 pm

A Reservia Grand Prix/Communtiy would be pretty awesome, if anyone's interested to coordinate one~
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch?   Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch? - Page 2 07v2DaMThu Jun 19, 2014 4:07 pm

I'd be interested in joining Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch?   Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch? - Page 2 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Any of you going to get Mario Kart 8 at launch?
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next