Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just to clear the air a little bit

Go down 
+25
HCSteven
Venom
Txn
Yume Hanabi
Rance-sama
Meowzy
TimeFactor
Falcom
Jean
Zwei.0
Lloyzerdk
Rainstorm
Moontoon
Slivendiferious
Drake
Samaël
Bo Staff Katana
Harbinger
Tenshigami
Ryu
Suikoden
DoubleL
shemwell99
Taiyz
Jazzeh
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Jazzeh
Admin
Jazzeh

Just to clear the air a little bit Empty
PostSubject: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 1:53 am

I think the rest of us mods were just in the dark about it as the rest of you were, but I did just check my forum e-mail when I came across this:

Quote :
The administrator : Slider (Ip Address: --.---.---.---) has chosen to delete the forum talesreserve.forumotion.net
If he validates the deletion, the forum won't be available anymore.
The founder of the forum can restore it by going to this address : -link-

Cordially, the support of forumotion

I have no idea why Slider deleted the forum or if he even talked to anyone about it, but that seems to be what has happened. So, the forum is technically still retrievable but only by Slider. He hasn't been really active online much at all recently, but if anyone else has seen him they can try asking him why and if he'd consider bringing it back.

So yeah, that's all I know about it, unless Moony happens to know anything else.
Back to top Go down
http://jazzmorelikespazz.tumblr.com
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 1:58 am

I'd like it brought back just to save us the time of recreating it. He could've just given the keys to somebody else, instead of making a blanket decision for everybody.

If anybody wants to seriously lend a hand in rebuilding things though, let me know and I'll make you an admin for the time being. I'm certain some of you have more experience with this shit than I do. Unfortunately there don't appear to be any snapshots of the old forum, so we're kind of screwed in that regard unless somebody took some screenshots.

Last edited by Taiyz on Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shemwell99
The White Knight
shemwell99

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 1:58 am

why would he do that D:
Back to top Go down
DoubleL

DoubleL

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 2:02 am

The only web archive I found so far is a mostly incomplete layout from 2010:

http://web.archive.org/web/20100627064941/https://talesreserve.forumotion.net/
Back to top Go down
Jazzeh
Admin
Jazzeh

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 2:12 am

welp the forum just zooped up my post (maybe because i used quick reply idk) but I do have an old screenshot of the index if that is useful

Just to clear the air a little bit Hhv2IBV
Back to top Go down
http://jazzmorelikespazz.tumblr.com
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 2:13 am

If someone could get ahold of him, that'd be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Admin
Ryu

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 2:21 am

Welp, that sucks big time. I hope we can get it back.

What exactly do you need help with Taiyz? I manage my own guild forum (also running on phpBB) so I like to think I know what to do, but I don't have much spare time on my hands right now...

Last edited by Ryu on Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 2:22 am

Seriously, any volunteers to help redesign the site would be great. Also let me (us, I guess) know if there are things missing that the old forum had. Not that I know if I can fix everything, but I'll try. Stuff like issues with registration or applying signatures, etc.

Deleted then reposted: signatures now work...?
Edit: They do!

Ryu wrote:
What exactly do you need help with Taiyz? I manage my own guild forum (also running on phpBB) so I like to think I know what to do, but I don't have much spare time on my hands right now...
Well, everything, really. I want to get the forum functionally similar to the old board (I think I've gotten close in that regard.)

I need some hands to fill up the subforums, somebody who actually pays attention to current Tales games so we can have relevant subforums there, somebody to design our colour scheme (I'm nostalgic for the old theme,) somebody to get a banner up top, whether we can recover the old one or not, and of course moderators and a couple admins when all's said and done.
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 2:27 am

Well I made my own forum a number of years ago, so I guess I know some stuff. I don't mind helpin' out with the things I am familiar with if you'd like.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 2:30 am

Honestly right now I'm just gonna let you guys go nuts. If somebody changes something that not everybody likes, we'll discuss it. Many hands make light work.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 2:36 am

Seriously this situation sucks and is incredibly stupid. It's a free forum, so there wasn't really any valid reason to just flat out delete the damn thing, it's not like there was money coming out of someone's wallet to pay for it.

If I see Moontoon on Skype tomorrow I'll talk to her about this as she was an admin before so should know her way around the forum software and might know how to make it at least look similar to TSF like Reservia originally did. Though she'll probably see all this before I talk to her anyway.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 2:41 am

I definitely want her as an admin again anyway (if she's interested,) she was very reliable.

So I disabled the forum directory listing and traffic exchange stuff because I think we may have a spambot...This Bo Staff Katana fella. If there's no activity from that user in a week, I'll delete that account. I might just be misunderstanding a joke username, afterall.

Edit: I figured I was missing a joke.

Last edited by Taiyz on Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 2:47 am

I had a class about designing web site a few years ago... but I sucked at it Razz I wish I was a bit more interested into it back then. It would certainly would have been useful now O_o
Back to top Go down
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
Bo Staff Katana

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 2:51 am

I hope that the old forums can get restored, just as a time saver, but thank you for letting us know what happened Jazzeh. I have no clue on how to work a forum and my only computer knowledge aside from just basic functionality is in LaTeX, so I am probably of no help, but thank you to everyone who is working to fix this.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 2:52 am

Web design really wouldn't help too much. phpBB obfuscates a lot of the technical shit, but there's still a learning curve. The colour changes that somebody's gradually rolling out right now (thanks BTW, mystery person) are just that, a list of colours associated with bits of the pre-fabricated skin, and you just mix and match however you want.

One thing I want to point out is that our quick reply buttons are now lacking text (I assume the text is now white...On off-white buttons.)

Edit: Well kinda lame that all the changes were undone, but at least we can see the text on the buttons now. Does anybody have the old Reservia logo? I'd like to make this place look a little more homey. It could displace all the text up top in a weird way though...Might actually need to alter the skin's HTML in that case.
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Admin
Ryu

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 3:00 am

I'm the mystery person, but it seems like someone else has undone the changes. ^^; Since it's 7am here, I'll go to bed and do more tomorrow if it's not done yet.
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 3:04 am

I changed up the background and body line background colors as best I can atm.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 3:07 am

Nice, good work. All that's problematic now are the couple instances of black text on the blue background: the bodies of posts and the user statistics on the left (and in the profile edit page,) but that appears to be all. Edit: Spoke too soon, the main profile page still has elements from the original phpBB2 colour scheme.

Having some colour variation every other post like the other boards would be nice too, I think you had that at one point.

Edit: Ack, Suikoden I think your update undid what Ryu had in place.
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 3:12 am

If that was me I apologize!

Would anyone happen to have the old gel icons used to indicate forum posts btw?
Back to top Go down
shemwell99
The White Knight
shemwell99

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 3:18 am

Just to clear the air a little bit Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSH8d3M2mJ6qmZ2dWa4xlQTPgTa5K2aDXxsEweBIpGVPCjedsWRyMHmQ

Just to clear the air a little bit Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPPZSorPKwyY_uS1JO3-s1SY0AJkAXplFO4PSwdg6JeY2y55e9dp76wg

Just to clear the air a little bit Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdw8TKtRIJsPj97utRCq3z1QwWPgICdCFiCT0YtClPO_r0TunWscXNvTg

these? that I found on google D:
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 3:22 am

shemwell99 wrote:
Just to clear the air a little bit Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSH8d3M2mJ6qmZ2dWa4xlQTPgTa5K2aDXxsEweBIpGVPCjedsWRyMHmQ

Just to clear the air a little bit Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPPZSorPKwyY_uS1JO3-s1SY0AJkAXplFO4PSwdg6JeY2y55e9dp76wg

Just to clear the air a little bit Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdw8TKtRIJsPj97utRCq3z1QwWPgICdCFiCT0YtClPO_r0TunWscXNvTg

these? that I found on google D:
Those are definitely the ones!

I think there was a red one too.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 3:24 am

^I remember orange.
Back to top Go down
shemwell99
The White Knight
shemwell99

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 3:25 am

the red/orange ones didn't show up when I searched for some reason D:
Back to top Go down
Samaël
Kamen Rider
Samaël

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 3:59 am

Suikoden wrote:
If that was me I apologize!

Would anyone happen to have the old gel icons used to indicate forum posts btw?
I've got these
Just to clear the air a little bit Vcz3lxJust to clear the air a little bit X7ghgJust to clear the air a little bit 2mh9zsgJust to clear the air a little bit 168aepuJust to clear the air a little bit V42dkjJust to clear the air a little bit 11ca0ps
Back to top Go down
Drake
Admin
Drake

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 4:59 am

Here's just like all the gummis ever.

www .mediafire.com/download/mtna57v40r6a4sl/gumi.zip

Main background color is #173466. Alternate post color is #26406d.

Here's the banner.
Just to clear the air a little bit Hjbcsxa

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Vulcapyro
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Just to clear the air a little bit
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tales of Reservia :: News and Administration :: Announcements and Forum Rules-
Jump to: