Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just to clear the air a little bit

Go down 
+25
HCSteven
Venom
Txn
Yume Hanabi
Rance-sama
Meowzy
TimeFactor
Falcom
Jean
Zwei.0
Lloyzerdk
Rainstorm
Moontoon
Slivendiferious
Drake
Samaƫl
Bo Staff Katana
Harbinger
Tenshigami
Ryu
Suikoden
DoubleL
shemwell99
Taiyz
Jazzeh
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

Just to clear the air a little bit - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit - Page 4 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 8:59 pm

What about another tales mascot for the "you've posted in this topic" icon?
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit - Page 4 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 9:02 pm

Not a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Jazzeh
Admin
Jazzeh

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit - Page 4 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 9:10 pm

Slivendiferious wrote:
Taiyz wrote:
Honestly I think I like things the way they are now, especially with the interface. It sucks to start over, but I think that a change of ownership was necessary.
I like it as well.

Though the "New Topic" and "Post Reply" buttons seem to have ragged edges.

At least it's finally in English.
Back to top Go down
http://jazzmorelikespazz.tumblr.com
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit - Page 4 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 9:11 pm

Taiyz wrote:
Just woke up. You know what? I think this forum actually looks better than the old Reservia. Good going, team.

As an aside. Have other Tales fans flocked to other communities? I know there was at least one particularly reknown fansite, we had some of the admin staff from it on our old forum if I remember right, but I don't know of other Tales forum communities. We could, theoretically, do a recruitment drive at any time if we actually want to, you know, be a Tales forum again. I may not be the fan I once was (well that's actually because I haven't had the ability to play the games for three-four entries now...Has Namco released any of the games on PSN BTW? I suppose I could get 'em on my Vita) but the series still holds a place in my heart, particularly because the community has so many awesome people like you guys.

Most people I see in the community are on the Tales fan pages, the two big-ish ones, I think I might have removed myself from one of them, I actually forget xD I'm in touch with a couple people (mildly) through facebook and twitter, I'm in an RP group that has a bunch of fans, and tumblr has a fanbase that I'm always so clueless in. If we do do a recruitment drive, I'll do my part!! I definitely would love to see this place lively and full of discussion on Tales and other things, but you're also right in that if we do do a drive, we would need more moderating at that time (I'd be happy to help out in that regard too, if I deemed okay to do that ;p)
Back to top Go down
TimeFactor

TimeFactor

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit - Page 4 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 9:33 pm

Taiyz wrote:
Are you actually getting an error message? Make sure you've set your signature to be added to each post automatically, or edit your post and attach the signature manually.

I'll look into it.

When I try to save it, I get this:

"New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information."

Did you guys have to recreate your accounts (I did) or were your post counts just reset to 0?
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit - Page 4 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 9:36 pm

The entire forums were gone.

All of us had to register anew.
Back to top Go down
shemwell99
The White Knight
shemwell99

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit - Page 4 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 9:39 pm

yeah D: oh well could be a blessing in disguise Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Admin
Ryu

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit - Page 4 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 9:47 pm

You should be able to post links now.

Have I forgotten any buttons?

[nico]sm22790934[/nico]

Last edited by Ryu on Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:53 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit - Page 4 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 9:47 pm

shemwell99 wrote:
yeah D: oh well could be a blessing in disguise Very Happy
It very well might be yeah!

Ryu wrote:

Have I forgot any buttons?
The moderation buttons at the lower left corner of the page when you're viewing a topic still need to be edited.

They all look much better, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit - Page 4 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 10:01 pm

I dig the current you-posted-in-this-thread and view-newest-post icons, and good job Ryu with the aliasing fix. Yeah, the moderator icons are still aliased.

Jazzeh wrote:
Slivendiferious wrote:
Taiyz wrote:
Honestly I think I like things the way they are now, especially with the interface. It sucks to start over, but I think that a change of ownership was necessary.
I like it as well.

Though the "New Topic" and "Post Reply" buttons seem to have ragged edges.

At least it's finally in English.
That was because of the default theme in phpBB3, according to DoubleL, Forumotion is hosted in France.
Back to top Go down
TimeFactor

TimeFactor

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit - Page 4 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 10:10 pm

Ryu wrote:

Thank you <3
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Admin
Ryu

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit - Page 4 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 10:12 pm

Taiyz wrote:
I dig the current you-posted-in-this-thread and view-newest-post icons, and good job Ryu with the aliasing fix. Yeah, the moderator icons are still aliased.
Only used that as a placeholder until we have something else fitting, but if it looks good, even better!

Fixed the mod icons now~
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit - Page 4 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 10:13 pm

Looks good man!
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Admin
Ryu

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit - Page 4 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 10:33 pm

Has anyone found out yet how to add new BBCodes? I can't find the option anywhere...
Back to top Go down
Drake
Admin
Drake

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit - Page 4 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 11:20 pm

Admin me for a sec, I'll go take a look. I assume the options and interface are different than the previous forum.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Vulcapyro
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit - Page 4 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 11:28 pm

Went and changed your title for ya.
Back to top Go down
Drake
Admin
Drake

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit - Page 4 07v2DaMMon Feb 03, 2014 12:58 am

Removed literal underscores for signature separator, removed the <br> padding by setting line-height to 0, using border-top to make separator instead. Was bugging me.
Back to top Go down
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit - Page 4 07v2DaMMon Feb 03, 2014 1:23 am

Wow this looks very nice.
Back to top Go down
http://yume-x-hanabi.tumblr.com
Drake
Admin
Drake

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit - Page 4 07v2DaMMon Feb 03, 2014 2:02 am

Added LGBB to the forum and implemented an inline code BBCode as an example.

[ic]herp derp code[/ ic] -> [ic]herp derp code[/ic]

Turns out it's the same as the old forum's admin interface. Forumotion doesn't seem to give you explicit control over BBCodes, so we'll have to make due with a javascript replacer. It's fairly easy to add new codes, even if you aren't familiar with javascript, but you have to write the behaviour and styling manually. Arguably a better solution anyways.
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit - Page 4 07v2DaMMon Feb 03, 2014 2:42 am

Great job everyone! Not sure I like how the line that separates post from signature is placed, but guess I'd get used to it.
Back to top Go down
http://moontoon.deviantart.com
Drake
Admin
Drake

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit - Page 4 07v2DaMMon Feb 03, 2014 3:19 am

Yeah it looks a bit glaring too, I think. I can easily change it, any suggestions?

EDIT: I just kept it the short underscores but eliminated the spacing, opinions?

Last edited by Drake on Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit - Page 4 07v2DaMMon Feb 03, 2014 3:20 am

Can it be removed completely?

Edit: Looks better now. Thanks to the person who did it.

Last edited by Moontoon on Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://moontoon.deviantart.com
Lloyzerdk

Lloyzerdk

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit - Page 4 07v2DaMMon Feb 03, 2014 3:35 am

Since this seems to be the most active thread I'd like to ask something.

I'm starting to come up with the cash to get Symphonia Chronicles this month. Thing is, it's all in my paypal.

So does anyone know if ToSC is getting a digital release, and if so, will it be on the same day as the physical release?
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Admin
Ryu

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit - Page 4 07v2DaMMon Feb 03, 2014 6:56 am

I don't think they've said anything about a digital release so far. :/

Drake wrote:
Added LGBB to the forum and implemented an inline code BBCode as an example.

[ic]herp derp code[/ ic] -> [ic]herp derp code[/ic]

Turns out it's the same as the old forum's admin interface. Forumotion doesn't seem to give you explicit control over BBCodes, so we'll have to make due with a javascript replacer. It's fairly easy to add new codes, even if you aren't familiar with javascript, but you have to write the behaviour and styling manually. Arguably a better solution anyways.

Uuuuuh I seem to have broken it trying to add new codes. >_< I think I'll stay away from this...
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit - Page 4 07v2DaMMon Feb 03, 2014 7:23 am

Ryu wrote:
Uuuuuh I seem to have broken it trying to add new codes. >_< I think I'll stay away from this...
Do you need me to take a look at it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just to clear the air a little bit   Just to clear the air a little bit - Page 4 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Just to clear the air a little bit
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tales of Reservia :: News and Administration :: Announcements and Forum Rules-
Jump to: