Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Today in Gaming

Go down 
+30
AzureEdge
Bo Staff Katana
Crystal Power
Meow Wow
Dracos
TalesofHysteria
Drake
Harbinger
Seraph
Zacewing
Divinus Fulmen
Chosen of Mana
Silver Forte
Ryu
TimeFactor
Psypher
King Cat the Sixth
Arn
BlazingFiddlesticks
Slivendiferious
DylDawg
Rainstorm
Tenshigami
Suikoden
Txn
Falcom
Abicion
warriorangel01
Taiyz
Prinny
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

Today in Gaming - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 5 07v2DaMFri Apr 11, 2014 12:33 am

Well usually people who use small light-armor and daggers are supposed to dodge stuff not tank so yeah.

Last edited by Arn on Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 5 07v2DaMFri Apr 11, 2014 1:13 am

Doesn't mean they should disregard defense. By that logic, every assassin should be naked.
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 5 07v2DaMFri Apr 11, 2014 2:01 am

No one's talking about logic here. Also assassins outfits are mostly for stealthing/camouflage than anything else anyways.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 5 07v2DaMSat Apr 12, 2014 9:27 pm

I realize that a lot of you may not give a f***, but I like completing shit so this matters to me.

When Konami first released Metal Gear Rising, there was a piece of DLC meant to be PS3-exclusive. A set of VR Missions with Trophies associated with them. However Konami Europe decided to make them non-exclusive...But did not separate the game IDs for each region. What this meant is that American 360 owners like myself would be unable to complete the game's achievement list unless we made a European account and somehow bought a European points card (or used our credit card, maybe?) and purchased the DLC there, then played with our American profile on the same console. Not only could we not play these missions normally, but the game made it very evident that we were missing out on something. As it turns out, on March 17th, they released the VR Missions in North America. Just about a year and a month after the game's release. Better late than never, right?
Back to top Go down
Txn
You > Evil
Txn

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 5 07v2DaMMon Apr 14, 2014 1:57 pm

The Vita games Soul Sacrifice Delta, Freedom Wars and Ore no Shikabane 2 are going to be localized.

Not surprised about the first two since they are first party, and one of them being an expansion; but Oreshika is a surprise. Maybe the rumor of Tales of Hearts R is actually true?!
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 5 07v2DaMMon Apr 14, 2014 7:18 pm

Oh god, Tenshi... I dunno what to make of this.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/14/square-enix-teasing-next-mana-saga-game/

Not getting my hopes up for any solid game though.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 5 07v2DaMMon Apr 14, 2014 7:28 pm

Oh God please not mobile oh God please not mobile oh God please not mobile oh God please not mobile oh God please not mobile oh God please not mobile oh God please not mobile oh God please not mobile oh God please not mobile oh God please not mobile oh God please not mobile oh God please not mobile oh God please not mobile oh God please not mobile oh God please not mobile oh God please not mobile oh God please not mobile oh God please not mobile oh God please not mobile oh God please not mobile oh God please not mobile oh God please not mobile oh God please not mobile oh God please not mobile oh God please not mobile oh God please not mobile

Oh God please not mobile
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 5 07v2DaMMon Apr 14, 2014 7:36 pm

I looked up the gameplay for past titles, I'd be very interested in a next gen installment.

Mobile gaming needs to die off already >.>
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 5 07v2DaMMon Apr 14, 2014 7:49 pm

ShivKH wrote:
I looked up the gameplay for past titles, I'd be very interested in a next gen installment.

Mobile gaming needs to die off already >.>
Well if ya ever get the chance ta indulge yer RPG needs on SNES games, than you NEED to play Seiken Densetsu 3.

AND Secret of Mana!

Annnnnd there's my personal favorite fer PS1, Legend of Mana!

Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 5 07v2DaMMon Apr 14, 2014 7:57 pm

Txn wrote:
The Vita games Soul Sacrifice Delta, Freedom Wars and Ore no Shikabane 2 are going to be localized.

Not surprised about the first two since they are first party, and one of them being an expansion; but Oreshika is a surprise. Maybe the rumor of Tales of Hearts R is actually true?!
We knew that Freedom Wars had some English gameplay for a little while now, but Over my Dead Body 2 being localized is damn good news.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 5 07v2DaMMon Apr 14, 2014 7:58 pm

Depending on how summer plays out, I might try Legend of Mana :0 (I was also considering the GBA one, the PS2 one looked interesting as well, especially if expanded on in a future installment)
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 5 07v2DaMMon Apr 14, 2014 8:13 pm

Dawn of Mana on PS2 only has "omg is that Flammie?... Is that FLAMMIE'S THEME? *squeeeeeeeeee of nostalgia*" going for it and otherwise is mediocre as all hell and doesn't actually play like a Mana title and instead more like Kingdom Hearts (not necessarily a con) where your level is reset to 1 after every chapter (DEFINITELY a con).
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 5 07v2DaMMon Apr 14, 2014 8:29 pm

That level thing is definitely a con omg o_0
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 5 07v2DaMMon Apr 14, 2014 8:49 pm

ShivKH wrote:
Depending on how summer plays out, I might try Legend of Mana :0 (I was also considering the GBA one,

Sword of Mana is worth playing too!

ShivKH wrote:
the PS2 one looked interesting as well, especially if expanded on in a future installment)
...What Tenshi said.
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 5 07v2DaMMon Apr 14, 2014 8:51 pm

With me the problem was not the level returning, it's how your INCREASE your level.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 5 07v2DaMMon Apr 14, 2014 8:56 pm

ShivKH wrote:
That level thing is definitely a con omg o_0
The maximum level is of course, like, 3 or something. So that's not REALLY as bad as it sounds. But still. It plays more like an action game with RPG elements than an RPG with action game elements, the latter of which is what the Mana series is SUPPOSED to be.

Also yeah, what Arn said. You don't level up so much by defeating enemies but startling and beating the snot out of them. (best way I can explain it.)
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 5 07v2DaMMon Apr 14, 2014 10:59 pm

Cows with laser udders.

Final Fantasy Adventure was pretty awesome. That's Seiken Densetsu 1 (actually I just learned that it was subtitled Final Fantasy Gaiden, how about that?) but it was renamed for America. Sword of Mana is a remake.
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 5 07v2DaMWed Apr 16, 2014 6:49 pm

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-company-sony-to-sell-its-entire-stake-in-square-enix-valued-at-around-47-million/1100-6419024/

This news ain't as alarming as it may appear. For SE, it really doesn't mean much and tbh in Sony's case, they had to do something like this to survive.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 5 07v2DaMSat Apr 19, 2014 3:50 pm

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/16/ken-amada-rise-kujikawa-persona-4-arena-ulitmax/ considering that Best Buy really shouldn't know details like character names from a JRPG, one would assume that they just let a cat out of a bag.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/18/square-enix-bringing-final-fantasy-iii-pc/ this is pretty cool. I guess it was a good idea to hold off on buying the remakes of III and IV, IV will probably be ported in some capacity soon. I wonder if they'll take the time to make a 3D version of Interlude...

Last edited by Taiyz on Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 5 07v2DaMSat Apr 19, 2014 4:10 pm

Interlude wasn't included on the iOS remake?
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 5 07v2DaMSat Apr 19, 2014 4:14 pm

Final Fantasy III is the new Resident Evil 4.  The little black sheep (or rather "ignored other" that could.)

The 3D Final Fantasy IV was made for DS, not iOS, iOS just got the port, and it never got the Interlude. It was created for the PSP collection, and thus that's the only way to play it.

I would think they would only port 3D Final Fantasy games, since Square did not do the PS1 PC ports themselves I don't think they're going to touch IX, which indeed leaves the DS version of IV.  To think of V, VI, and IX getting shafted, of all things, but then so it goes.  Not like Square hasn't made them widely available digitally already.
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 5 07v2DaMSat Apr 19, 2014 4:25 pm

There's a 3D remake of FFIV for iOS that included The After Years in 3D too. Also you are pretty mistake on the RE4 part, people like it like every other RE that's not 5.
Back to top Go down
Abicion
(。◕ ‿ ◕。✿)
Abicion

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 5 07v2DaMSat Apr 19, 2014 4:29 pm

at what point was Resident Evil 4 ever considered a black sheep?
Back to top Go down
http://abicion.tumblr.com/
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 5 07v2DaMSat Apr 19, 2014 8:27 pm

I find RE4 pretty entertaining compared to 5 and beyond. :O
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 5 07v2DaMSat Apr 19, 2014 9:09 pm

Resident Evil 4 is like Final Fantasy VII. It made a popular franchise into a major hit that pretty much everybody has played (and if you haven't, you're missing out.) However, there are some people who love to hate it, because it marks when Resident Evil became more mainstream.

I'm serious, I actually found out about this recently, there's actually a lot of people who dislike RE4 because it was an "action game" like the other modern Resident Evil titles. People who basically hate everything after Code Veronica. I was rather surprised, honestly.

Personally I'm really scared that "oldschool RE fans" might induce a reboot. Resident Evil main appeal for me is its characters, and each game has had quality gameplay even if there's variation. I don't particularly care that they aren't "zombie games" anymore, because that's never what the series was about, it was always about, well, Biohazards. I really don't want to see somebody's Ninja Theory-style attempt to make Jill Valentine some super-edgy punk chick who gets off on killing zombies.

Arn wrote:
Interlude wasn't included on the iOS remake?
No. They ported FFV's 3DS version to mobile OS' and then they made a 3D version of The After Years exclusively for mobile devices. They were sold separately.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 5 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Today in Gaming
Page 5 of 41Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 41  Next