Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax coming to NA! [Taiyz split this]

Go down 
+3
Taiyz
Prinny
Falcom
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax coming to NA! [Taiyz split this] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax coming to NA! [Taiyz split this]   Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax coming to NA! [Taiyz split this] 07v2DaMThu Jan 29, 2015 2:52 pm

Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax coming to NA! [Taiyz split this]   Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax coming to NA! [Taiyz split this] 07v2DaMThu Jan 29, 2015 3:01 pm

I'm really surprised that is getting a retail release out here. I'll definitely buy it for my PS3.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax coming to NA! [Taiyz split this]   Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax coming to NA! [Taiyz split this] 07v2DaMThu Jan 29, 2015 3:05 pm

I remember having a convo with Taiyz with him saying the chances of this coming out was nigh impossible. Well I'm not complaining! I just need PS2 now.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax coming to NA! [Taiyz split this]   Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax coming to NA! [Taiyz split this] 07v2DaMThu Jan 29, 2015 9:26 pm

I delved into the details a bit more on PlaystationTrophies.org:
Taiyz wrote:
There is potential, but I think that game development is largely different from manga and light novel creation. It's likely that all the games developed by Aquaplus are owned by the company and not the individual writers, and writing staff may even swap out between sequels (like anime staff.) When you have something like Dengeki Bunko where almost every title is the work of a single person, there's definitely a sense of personal ownership there. Now it could be like how Platinum's game properties are owned by Sega because of a publishing deal, ASCII Media Works might have full control over the licenses under their umbrella which would ease localization significantly...

But if every author needed to sign on for a western release, that would cause difficulty. In addition, while Yen Press is the American publisher doing most of the light novel work in North America, you do have other companies like Seven Seas Entertainment who licensed Boogiepop and Others, and Tokyopop (now defunct) who licensed Kino no Tabi (and subsequently got in big trouble with the Japanese license holders and lost it after one volume.) All those guys might have to be involved as well.

I feel a little silly now having purchased multiple copies of the game, but at the same time you can thank me for clearly being the one that convinced Sega to localize this title.

I kinda suspected that this would be the game-changer. After seeing the AMAZING job that Sega did with Project Diva f 2nd (which you should buy right now,) even granting the ability to load a cross save from a Japanese copy of the game, I had this gut feeling that they might go insane and actually localize this title. I'm only expecting a text job but still, this game is HELLA DOPE and I plan on buying another copy for both PS3 and Vita.
Back to top Go down
DreamSword
Handsome Hobo
DreamSword

PostSubject: Re: Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax coming to NA! [Taiyz split this]   Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax coming to NA! [Taiyz split this] 07v2DaMThu Jan 29, 2015 10:02 pm

There's only one anime/novel entry in this game that I care about. I'll pass.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax coming to NA! [Taiyz split this]   Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax coming to NA! [Taiyz split this] 07v2DaMFri Jan 30, 2015 1:54 am

You're missing out. The game is really fun and there are many quality titles represented in the game.
Back to top Go down
Dracos

Dracos

PostSubject: Re: Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax coming to NA! [Taiyz split this]   Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax coming to NA! [Taiyz split this] 07v2DaMFri Jan 30, 2015 2:20 am

I'm happy that this is coming over here so I can have a fighting game for when summer ends. Wish i knew more of the characters though.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax coming to NA! [Taiyz split this]   Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax coming to NA! [Taiyz split this] 07v2DaMFri Jan 30, 2015 2:38 am

ITT I learned that someone can make a thread for you x_X

Falcom wrote:
I just need PS2 now.

I have no idea what I was saying here, I think it was supposed to say I just need to wait till Summer now, wtf.

Anyways the only series I do not know is Ro-Kyu-Bu! but overall I am preeeetty hyped for this, playing with my weeb bro and friends gonna be sooooo good.

Taiyz wrote:
But at the same time you can thank me for clearly being the one that convinced Sega to localize this title.

Wow, thanks a lot man, we could've have done it without you.
Do have fun with the quadruple dip though! Smile
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax coming to NA! [Taiyz split this]   Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax coming to NA! [Taiyz split this] 07v2DaMFri Jan 30, 2015 3:31 am

I don't really care about this before, seeing as my three favorite MCs are only assist character. Well, Satan and Onii-sama are probably gonna wreck everything to oblivion if playable, but Touman? Come onnnn. In a game where females dominated the roster, the girl-puncher is going to have a field day upholding justice for all those protagonists who was always punched by tsunderes.

But yeah, probably gonna check this out when it's localized. At least I can play as Kirito and Shizuo.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax coming to NA! [Taiyz split this]   Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax coming to NA! [Taiyz split this] 07v2DaMFri Jan 30, 2015 3:43 am

Yeah I kind of share those sentiments. The fact that Celty is an assist character is some kinda ridiculous, Kino also is probably one of the most skillful characters in the game's cast but she's basically a fireball. But there's Kirito and Shizuo and Selvaria!

FYI everybody you might find some early reports online that there's cross-play, but there isn't, just cross-save...Unless Sega patches/has patched that in.

Dracos wrote:
I'm happy that this is coming over here so I can have a fighting game for when summer ends. Wish i knew more of the characters though.
Spoiler:
You've got half a year to catch up! I recommend starting with Sword Art Online, Kino's Journey then Durarara!!

Falcom wrote:
ITT I learned that someone can make a thread for you x_X

Taiyz wrote:
But at the same time you can thank me for clearly being the one that convinced Sega to localize this title.

Wow, thanks a lot man, we could've have done it without you.
Do have fun with the quadruple dip though! Smile
Yeah mods can split posts out of existing threads. You created the post, I just created the title and transposed the related posts from Today in Gaming.

I hope you realize I was being sarcastic, I can't tell if your reply is playing along or not. =(
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax coming to NA! [Taiyz split this]   Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax coming to NA! [Taiyz split this] 07v2DaMFri Jan 30, 2015 3:48 am

It was sarcasm. My apologies Taiyz.

I'm gonna hashtag that from now on then, stating now. #sarcasm

Ro-Kyu-Bu! ...... looks ehhhhhh. Ehhhh. EHHGHHHHHH.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax coming to NA! [Taiyz split this]   Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax coming to NA! [Taiyz split this] 07v2DaMFri Jan 30, 2015 4:02 am

Taiyz wrote:
Dracos wrote:
Spoiler:
You've got half a year to catch up! I recommend starting with Sword Art Online, Kino's Journey then Durarara!!
For Irregular at Magic High School, I don't recommend the anime because it omits a lot of funny moments that builds up Tatsuya's character (and technobabbles that actually interesting and relevant to world-building). Read the manga instead (or the LN).

Don't confuse Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei with Mahouka Koukou no Yuutousei though; the latter is boring POV of an incestuous Mary Sue while the former is an awesome Action Pseudo-Physics Sci-fi Fantasy of a Human Nuke.
Back to top Go down
Venom
My Mule is Sexy
Venom

PostSubject: Re: Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax coming to NA! [Taiyz split this]   Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax coming to NA! [Taiyz split this] 07v2DaMFri Jan 30, 2015 6:25 am

This news gets all of my yes.
Back to top Go down
http://venom800tt.deviantart.com/
Dracos

Dracos

PostSubject: Re: Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax coming to NA! [Taiyz split this]   Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax coming to NA! [Taiyz split this] 07v2DaMFri Jan 30, 2015 3:42 pm

Taiyz wrote:

Well now I can add a bunch of light novel anime adaptions alongside most gundam anime to my list of shows I keep putting off. I guess it is good that most of the animes seem to be short.

By the way does anyone know if there is  a place to learn about the gameplay style of each character?
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax coming to NA! [Taiyz split this]   Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax coming to NA! [Taiyz split this] 07v2DaMSat Jan 31, 2015 12:57 am

Yep, the Mizuumi wiki. Probably the best resource for the game.

Edit: Kirito players, note that Kirito's Trump Card actually uses up health while attacking (it's recoverable health, but if you don't give it time to recover you will not get a Perfect.) I guess this is supposed to be a reference to all the small cuts he tends to get while going berserk and dual-wielding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax coming to NA! [Taiyz split this]   Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax coming to NA! [Taiyz split this] 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax coming to NA! [Taiyz split this]
Page 1 of 1