Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Expections for the 17th Tales game

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dcrigg

Expections for the 17th Tales game Empty
PostSubject: Expections for the 17th Tales game   Expections for the 17th Tales game 07v2DaMMon Nov 07, 2016 6:17 pm

I know next time the 17th tales game will have a stand alone setting,plot,characters,etc so we should start thinking about it
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Expections for the 17th Tales game   Expections for the 17th Tales game 07v2DaMSun Nov 13, 2016 3:52 pm

I only hope that its likely PS4 exclusivity does not inflate the PC version's file size too much.  Not too worried about its being too demanding, no, just too big!
Back to top Go down
Dcrigg

PostSubject: Re: Expections for the 17th Tales game   Expections for the 17th Tales game 07v2DaMMon Nov 14, 2016 8:01 am

I've been thinking,what if Mutsumi Inomata,the character designer,created a character to look like Leia,recycle her designs,Velvet is a clone of Millia so this could be the same with creating a clone of Leia she may do for the next Tales game.And Kosuke Fujishima, theres another who would always recycle designs from previously created characters to create new ones but we don't know his plans.Will Tales of series have Ufotable and Akira Matsushima do animations again?

There should be a new graphics,ps4 graphics, for this Tales game instead of those previous 3 games using the same graphics.
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Expections for the 17th Tales game   Expections for the 17th Tales game 07v2DaMMon Nov 14, 2016 2:30 pm

For the next game, I'd like to see them pick only 1 character designer. It's been fun with the collaborations, but I still prefer it the old way.
Back to top Go down
http://moontoon.deviantart.com
Velvet Crowe

Velvet Crowe

PostSubject: Re: Expections for the 17th Tales game   Expections for the 17th Tales game 07v2DaMMon Nov 14, 2016 8:10 pm

it should be interesting where they go from here

completely new type of gameplay could make or break it.

Back to top Go down
Dcrigg

PostSubject: Re: Expections for the 17th Tales game   Expections for the 17th Tales game 07v2DaMTue Nov 15, 2016 10:23 am

Moontoon wrote:
For the next game, I'd like to see them pick only 1 character designer. It's been fun with the collaborations, but I still prefer it the old way.

And what about Akira Matsushima,character designer for anime(in cutscenes),want someone else to take over instead of him?
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Expections for the 17th Tales game   Expections for the 17th Tales game 07v2DaMTue Nov 15, 2016 3:04 pm

I do miss Production I.G's work, but Ufotable is doing a pretty solid job overall imo. I'm not familiar with the different people in their animation team, though.
Back to top Go down
http://moontoon.deviantart.com
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Expections for the 17th Tales game   Expections for the 17th Tales game 07v2DaMWed Nov 16, 2016 12:06 am

Which studios did which games?
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Expections for the 17th Tales game   Expections for the 17th Tales game 07v2DaMThu Nov 17, 2016 5:43 am

@BF: Ufotable has done the anime cutscenes for everything Xillia and after (including some of the spinoffs if I'm not mistaken but the mobile ones may be Production I.G). I don't remember who animated Hearts R and Innocence R but I'd say its most likely Production I.G (which i just now realize would be PIG fully initialed LOL)

For me, I really want the 17th NOT to be an anniversary game. We've had a good run but the past 4 have all been anniversary to some degree. I LOVE nostalgia and throwbacks, but I'm a bit overloaded. I'd love to go back to subtle (like the wigs in Graces in that one shop) rather than expected that we'll be bombarded. With Berseria we're probably not going away thankfully, since Tales seems to be stable, so they can afford not to toss in, save some cameo little details for other games where they fit right.

Following from that, I really like what I've seen of Berseria getting down and dirty with some classic Tales things, mini-games etc. but also tossed up the battle system and let loose a little bit. I'd love to see this direction followed. Still keep changing things up we NEED change. But keep the staples, just change them up. Like titles, mini-games, other things I can't quite put my finger on, keep it classy, but really get in there and play around.

As well, the writing direction. I do not think Xillia/2 had bad stories, I do think they were a bit jarring and choppy with their cutscenes. Zestiria alleviated this a bit, but then the middle of the game, imo, kind of died, and then we got a pretty good final night scene and okay end-game. Berseria, from very minor impressions, seems to go back to the Vesperia style of story-telling, which I am all for. I am totally cool with a totally new way of doing scenes to change things up and trying something new.

I'd like to mirror Moonie and say that I would like if we went back to one character designer per game. It was fun because they were anniversary games, but I'd like to go back to feeling a oneness about the cast and flow with their designs.

Also, Go Shiina doing a full soundtrack again, that would be AMAZING. Or maybe a whole new composer. Or the Innocence composer, who I super like.

One last point about the 17th Tales, I will not complain at ALL if it is Tempest R or something about the Triverse they've set up for absolutely no reason. (I love Kongwai and QQ, Gall added nothing at all and maybe something else will make his existence acceptable...but what they did to Hearts making it basically Hearts Lite with cool extra gameplay content and Calcedny story)

I would also not complain about a full 3D remake of Phantasia done in the style of the latest Tales game but keeping all its little sidequests and script, just adding stuff on top, a little personal dream of mine that is impossible

--------------------
I really want to talk about the future of spinoffs too

I really, REALLY want a non-superficial spinoff. The mobile games just DO NOT do it for me. I am so tired of the same superficial view of the same popular characters showing off the same tired tropes of their characters and hardly interacting with non-popular characters, or other characters than the new OCs at all. Tales of Rays looks almost like an RM, but we'll see how that plays out. With the Vita gone (it only gets things that also go on PS4) and the 3DS on its way out, I'm not sure where spinoffs for Tales go from here. The last thing we got was Twin Brave, cool, fun, lite. No portables, I wonder if Namco just decides to make spinoffs mobile-only? (UGH) or maybe they decide to one day do a huge full-scale spin-off for a console, that would be beyond my wildest dreams. I could see maybe the Switch, depending on the scope of games released for it, getting the normal fare for a Tales spinoff, nothing quite RM, but maybe Twin Brave or Vs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Expections for the 17th Tales game   Expections for the 17th Tales game 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Expections for the 17th Tales game
Page 1 of 1