Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken

Go down 
+41
Zacewing
AriArk
Prinny
Chosen of Mana
CameronL
TZ
Psypher
Drake
Lewnatic
VanSensei
Falunel
Ryu
Bo Staff Katana
Dannnnny
SRMS
Sapphie
BlazingFiddlesticks
warriorangel01
fateoffate
Arn
Jazzeh
Samaƫl
Jean
Chosen Zelos
DylDawg
Dr. Casey
Lloyzerdk
Harbinger
Tenshigami
Moontoon
Taiyz
shemwell99
Rainstorm
Abicion
Falcom
Venom
HCSteven
DoubleL
Txn
Slivendiferious
Suikoden
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 34 07v2DaMWed Jun 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Pos: I've made quite a lot of progress in ToSc.
Neg: I got a mixed feeling about the game.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 34 07v2DaMThu Jun 05, 2014 10:43 am

Neg: In a terrible mood already this morning and nothing really seems to matter. Just kind of stuck here wondering why I try so hard for nothing. Why do I even bother when everything I could possibly want I apparently just don't deserve?

How did I let things get so bad that I just can't find my way out anymore? I keep pressing on to try to fix it and it just slowly gets worse instead of better.

I've practically begged the few people around me that I think can help me but they just seem to want to keep me trapped where I'm extremely unhappy.

Oh God whatever positive attitude I had is completely gone this morning help
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 34 07v2DaMThu Jun 05, 2014 11:13 am

Try taking a walk? Get your mind off of things?
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 34 07v2DaMThu Jun 05, 2014 12:31 pm

Harbinger wrote:

First time playing ToS?
Symphonia ain't my favorite, but it was enjoyable in a way, but yeah I do have mixed feelings as well..... especially with the cast, and why the heck do humans and elves give birth to half elves if they know they'll be brabded as the 'scum' of the world.
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 34 07v2DaMThu Jun 05, 2014 12:41 pm

Falcom wrote:
Harbinger wrote:

First time playing ToS?
Symphonia ain't my favorite, but it was enjoyable in a way, but yeah I do have mixed feelings as well..... especially with the cast, and why the heck do humans and elves give birth to half elves if they know they'll be brabded as the 'scum' of the world.
You clearly never played Phantasia.
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 34 07v2DaMThu Jun 05, 2014 1:04 pm

Falcom wrote:
Harbinger wrote:

First time playing ToS?

While I am not far enough in the game (well, I can "fly" now), the dialogues and some things about the world is rather "weird". I get that their (whatever the name is?) is very similar to Blastia --- but unlike Blastia, those spheres don't even remotely interest me.

One thing that has been bothering me a lot is how unhelpful synapses are. I do read the dialogue, but sometimes I take a few days break to play other games. When I come back, I often am unsure where I have to go. Going through the synapses don't help at all. I remember walking around the world map for around an hour trying to find that place. It's not always obvious.

I understand it's an "older" game, but it also reminds me why sometimes, I just can't go back to older games.

Lately, I've been more into Corpse Party game (but damn... I hate fanservice...). I'll do my best to finish ToSc and the sequel. I can't wait for ToX2 and ToZ though!

Quick question... We have some "skills" that are blue, but I cannot set them up in the regular skill slot. Are they supposed to be the "Mystic Artes" of ToSc? I haven't been able to use them at all.
Back to top Go down
Venom
My Mule is Sexy
Venom

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 34 07v2DaMThu Jun 05, 2014 2:11 pm

Neg:
I hurt my left hand middle finger pretty good, and can't seem to find a splint in a store (had to improvise lol...). I guess I sprained it bad, since it didn't hurt TOO much lol...

Neg:
Sooooo hot and humid outside -_____________________-

Pos:
E3 next week, then the 24 Hours of LeMans endurance race a week later weeee. I love auto racing...

Pos:
War Thunder PS4 US release was the other day, and I have been enjoying it greatly.

Pos:
My mom bought tires for my car, since she helps out my younger brother a lot financially, while doesn't normally give me much money since I am more self-sufficient. Just need to do a few more things to my car maintenance wise, then I will probably do a few... modifications XD

Fick:
The airport I work at is paving taxiways, which makes it a pain for my job to move planes out of our hangar for test flights and what not. Kinda funny seeing random planes having to turn around in the middle of the runway though (including large FedEx and UPS Airbus A300F's)
Back to top Go down
http://venom800tt.deviantart.com/
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 34 07v2DaMThu Jun 05, 2014 4:30 pm

Harbinger wrote:
I get that their (whatever the name is?) is very similar to Blastia --- but unlike Blastia, those spheres don't even remotely interest me.
You MONSTER

Harbinger wrote:
One thing that has been bothering me a lot is how unhelpful synapses are. I do read the dialogue, but sometimes I take a few days break to play other games. When I come back, I often am unsure where I have to go. Going through the synapses don't help at all. I remember walking around the world map for around an hour trying to find that place. It's not always obvious.
There's one point somewhere halfway through the game where you can do a lot of sidequesting and grinding, etc, and I always, always forget the next thing I need to do, and the synopsis never helps at that point (luckily, you'll get skits reminding you of what's up eventually). I always, always forget I need to make a pact with Gnome.

Harbinger wrote:
Quick question... We have some "skills" that are blue, but I cannot set them up in the regular skill slot. Are they supposed to be the "Mystic Artes" of ToSc? I haven't been able to use them at all.
Hell no xD
Blue "techs" or "artes" are techs you haven't learned yet, and in a lot of cases can't, because they're S-type or T-type, and you already know the corresponding tech from the other side. Those techs are mutually exclusive (Fierce Demon Fang vs Double Demon Fang) and the only reason they show up is because you are on the other side of the S-T spectrum (which is dependent on your exskills).

Another possibility is that they are simply Techs or Artes you haven't learned yet because you haven't filled the right prequisites. Check if you've used all other Techs in your list at least fifty times, and then try to get the character's Luck stat as high as possible (go to sleep a couple of times and unequip the devil's arms if you're using them). Having used certain artes at least 50 times and being of a certain level are the prequisites needed to learn new Techs; having high luck merely helps with acquiring them in battle.[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 34 07v2DaMThu Jun 05, 2014 8:28 pm

Fick: Thought I'd check in so I didn't leave people hanging again. Had a rough day at work and I'm exhausted and depressed but I'm alive.

Pos: After having to stay over an hour late I'm finally home and can relax.

Neg: Massive headache.
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 34 07v2DaMThu Jun 05, 2014 9:27 pm

Harbinger wrote:
Falcom wrote:
Harbinger wrote:

First time playing ToS?
*Words**Words**Words**Words**Words**Words**Words**Words**Words**Words*

Dear Harbinger, I must ask you, when you sit down to play ToSC, can you fully comphrend just what kind of world you're stepping in to? Is your mind in the right frame to correspond with all that lies before you? Do you feel like you're able to harmonize yourself enough to feel the emotions and heartfelt dialogue being thrown your way?

Are you absolutely totally really aware of the true nature of the exspheres?!

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE GRAVITY OF YOUR FEELINGS?!?!?!!?

Pos: My family is amazingly weird.

First, I learned today my big brother years ago had stolen a cassette tape of the Spice Girls that was my sister's; which in turn tipped her off that he liked their music. He acts like such a tough guy so I lol'ed a good while about that. xD

Second, my sister posted this to my FB page and my pseudo brother-in-law in all his infinite wisdom made a smartass remark about how us "Northerners" come up with the most impractical solutions to a problem. Somehow the crucial fact that my sister is also from Maryland like I am had escaped him and he made a comical ass out of himself.(TMI warning) My sister's hilarious comeback. All of this happened in the morning and I'm still laughing about it at 8 in the evening.
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 34 07v2DaMThu Jun 05, 2014 9:54 pm

Suikiwiden wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Falcom wrote:
Harbinger wrote:

First time playing ToS?
*Words**Words**Words**Words**Words**Words**Words**Words**Words**Words*

Dear Harbinger, I must ask you, when you sit down to play ToSC, can you fully comphrend just what kind of world you're stepping in to? Is your mind in the right frame to correspond with all that lies before you? Do you feel like you're able to harmonize yourself enough to feel the emotions and heartfelt dialogue being thrown your way?

Are you absolutely totally really aware of the true nature of the exspheres?!

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE GRAVITY OF YOUR FEELINGS?!?!?!!?

Perhaps Corpse Party has made me a little more open to dark things O_o

In all seriousness, I am aware (well, with the info I have right now!) of the dark nature of those exspheres! I know that it is outrageous and inhuman. However, it is presented in a way that simply does not hold my interest.

Slivendiferious wrote:
You MONSTER

I can be quite the monster. When I hold a pen (keyboard) in my hand, I tend to inflict the most gruesome things to my imaginative characters.

Slivendiferious wrote:

There's one point somewhere halfway through the game where you can do a lot of sidequesting and grinding, etc, and I always, always forget the next thing I need to do, and the synopsis never helps at that point (luckily, you'll get skits reminding you of what's up eventually). I always, always forget I need to make a pact with Gnome.

That's good, I guess Smile

Slivendiferious wrote:

Hell no xD
Blue "techs" or "artes" are techs you haven't learned yet, and in a lot of cases can't, because they're S-type or T-type, and you already know the corresponding tech from the other side. Those techs are mutually exclusive (Fierce Demon Fang vs Double Demon Fang) and the only reason they show up is because you are on the other side of the S-T spectrum (which is dependent on your exskills).

Another possibility is that they are simply Techs or Artes you haven't learned yet because you haven't filled the right prequisites. Check if you've used all other Techs in your list at least fifty times, and then try to get the character's Luck stat as high as possible (go to sleep a couple of times and unequip the devil's arms if you're using them). Having used certain artes at least 50 times and being of a certain level are the prequisites needed to learn new Techs; having high luck merely helps with acquiring them in battle.

I see! ... I think.

I'm curious though... we have Artes level 1, 2 and 3 (so far, at least). I am only able to use lvl1 + lvl2 or lvl3. Am I doing it right?
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 34 07v2DaMThu Jun 05, 2014 10:21 pm

Harbinger wrote:
I'm curious though... we have Artes level 1, 2 and 3 (so far, at least). I am only able to use lvl1 + lvl2 or lvl3. Am I doing it right?
Yes and no. Actually you can link Tokugi(Lvl1)>Higi(Lvl2)>Ougi(Lvl3) you probably not linking Lvl2>Lvl3 because you are trying to use artes of the same "tree" i.e you can't link Double Demon Fang with Demonic Chaos or Sword Rain: Alpha with Sword Rain: Beta or if you are trying to link Sword Rain: Alpha with something else you need to use it 100 times before the last hit became cancellable.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 34 07v2DaMFri Jun 06, 2014 9:00 am

@Harbs: Arn is basically correct. The tiers are a bit odd though. For example, iirc, you can use:

Tiger Blade (or Lightning Tiger) -> Double Demon Fang -> Twin Tiger Blade (which is in the same tier as tiger blade???)
Demon Fang -> Tiger Rage -> Demonic Tiger Blade (which is in the same tier as both demon fang and tiger blade...)

Or, if you have the right (compound) Ex Skill on Lloyd:

Sword Rain -> Lightning Tiger -> Sword Rain: Alpha -> Raining Tiger Blade for a 27 hit combo.

If my memory serves me right, you can't use artes of the same tier twice in a row: Tiger Blade cannot be chained into Tiger Rage, but you can chain same tier artes if you put something different in between.

Tenshigami wrote:
Fick: Thought I'd check in so I didn't leave people hanging again. Had a rough day at work and I'm exhausted and depressed but I'm alive.
I'm glad you still exist!
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 34 07v2DaMFri Jun 06, 2014 9:25 am

Slivendiferious wrote:
Tenshigami wrote:
I'm glad you still exist!
Thanks, Sliv. I'm doing a lot better this morning but I'm still really, really worried about how long I can keep things up. I'm pretty damn certain at this point I'm pushing myself way too f***ing hard and all the stress is likely taking entire years off my life but I don't know what else I can even do.
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 34 07v2DaMFri Jun 06, 2014 10:48 am

Fick: I don't know why I'm up.

Neg: Queue a whole day as being tired again. I'm so pissed at myself right now.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 34 07v2DaMFri Jun 06, 2014 11:57 am

Neg: Wisdom teeth swollen Sad

Idk what to do, time to see a dentist soon or hope it goes away by itself
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 34 07v2DaMFri Jun 06, 2014 12:14 pm

Falcom wrote:
Neg: Wisdom teeth swollen Sad

Idk what to do, time to see a dentist soon or hope it goes away by itself
Whatever you do, DON'T assume it'll go away.

Pain coming from a wisdom tooth is some of the worse you can get. If it's swollen, I'd get it checked as soon as possible. As far as dental stuff goes, issues with wisdom teeth are not ones you want to take lightly. :/

I don't mean to scare ya, it's just having a deep pain surging right from your jaw into your head isn't something I'd wish on my worst enemy and I wouldn't wanna see it get that far in your case. D:
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 34 07v2DaMFri Jun 06, 2014 12:28 pm

Now I am index intimidated Sad
I won't have time to go to a dentist until next week when I am off work.... time to book an appointment in the first time in years....
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 34 07v2DaMFri Jun 06, 2014 12:30 pm

Falcom wrote:
Now I am index intimidated Sad
I won't have time to go to a dentist until next week when I am off work.... time to book an appointment in the first time in years....
I really really really reaaaaaaaaaaaaally don't mean to freak you out, it's just really not a good idea to sit around on somethin' like that. Especially if it's already swollen. D:

Is that tooth crowning at all?
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 34 07v2DaMFri Jun 06, 2014 12:40 pm

Nope, just swollen gums around my right wisdom tooth atm, hopefully it is something else.
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 34 07v2DaMFri Jun 06, 2014 12:53 pm

Falcom wrote:
Nope, just swollen gums around my right wisdom tooth atm, hopefully it is something else.
I hope it's nothin' major!
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 34 07v2DaMFri Jun 06, 2014 1:46 pm

Wisdom teeth? *shivers*

I had mine removed a few years ago. Good luck!

(Well, I only have 2 removed, I need the last 2 to come out completely before removing them)
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 34 07v2DaMFri Jun 06, 2014 1:48 pm

Harbinger wrote:
Wisdom teeth? *shivers*

(Well, I only have 2 removed, I need the last 2 to come out completely before removing them)

Har, how do you explain this? Hmm?!
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 34 07v2DaMFri Jun 06, 2014 2:04 pm

Born without wisdom teeth!

Evolution at its finest, yo.
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 34 07v2DaMFri Jun 06, 2014 2:24 pm

Suikiwiden wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Wisdom teeth? *shivers*

Suikiwiden wrote:
The only instance I've seen of my name in a game. As a side boss no less!

And I just noticed the name Suiky as the other side boss in this fight. That's kinda weird... Har, did you go back in time and stick that in there? O_O;

It's just a nickname I came up with! There's no hidden meaning behind it... or is there? Very Happy

I've sadly never played BoF Razz

Slivendiferious wrote:
Born without wisdom teeth!

Evolution at its finest, yo.

Much hatred and jealousy, o' evolved being
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 34 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken
Page 34 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next