Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS

Go down 
+39
Shadowfox
Sakura1106
Psypher
Samaël
Dracos
Jazzeh
King Cat the Sixth
CyborgZeta
Shy Link
Arn
Scrawlers
Bo Staff Katana
Naoshi
ShirleyVaga
Tenshigami
Zwei.0
Suikoden
Divinus Fulmen
Colour
TrulyBigHeaded
Abicion
warriorangel01
Yoh-dono
Falcom
DylDawg
Zacewing
TimeFactor
Varrius
Drake
Rainstorm
Txn
Celestial Phoenix
BlazingFiddlesticks
DreamSword
Slivendiferious
Moontoon
senelcoolidge
Prinny
Taiyz
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 8 07v2DaMThu Jul 17, 2014 4:44 pm

Hotness *shot*

Guess there's no use hoping for DLC's either.
Back to top Go down
http://moontoon.deviantart.com
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 8 07v2DaMThu Jul 17, 2014 7:43 pm

I'm not the kind of person to leave misunderstandings alone, so I'm gonna correct a motha if theys iz sayin' I don't like Wii Fit Trainer.

Also I don't really care enough to have a debate about mechanics. Chrom could just be a clone of Ike for all I care, I mean they were happy enough to create three Fire Emblem characters with basically the same animation set. Like I keep saying, it doesn't really matter if a character "fits" because Nintendo has and will continue to create new movesets for characters who typically aren't aggressive (Villager) or have limited options from their source material (Sonic.)
Back to top Go down
CyborgZeta

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 8 07v2DaMThu Jul 17, 2014 8:51 pm

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/07/17/sakurai-explains-why-chrom-isnt-playable-in-smash-bros-says-he-lacks-any-unique-characteristics/

Sakurai went with Robin over Chrom because he felt Chrom wasn't unique enough. Lucina was originally an alternate of Marth that had no effect on Chrom. Eventually, she was tweaked enough that Sakurai decided to make her a separate character; as he says himself, she was lucky to become playable.
Back to top Go down
Celestial Phoenix

Celestial Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 8 07v2DaMThu Jul 17, 2014 9:56 pm

...Ah, well this is awkward. I'm not sure if I should be shoving it in your guys faces or start being paranoid.

While I'm glad a more enjoyable, developed, and tolerant character like Lucina made it in and that my most requested FE rep is the kind of fighter I expected. I still wish they put more work on the former.

Because when you have import mods like this:

That which is more favorable towards Lucina's movements and sword strokes from Awakening AND making her more unique as a fighter...I wonder if Sakurai is limited on resources for more original fighter movesets?
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 8 07v2DaMThu Jul 17, 2014 11:38 pm

Neither one of the characters in that mod play much differently then Marth.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 8 07v2DaMFri Jul 18, 2014 12:03 am

Celestial Phoenix wrote:
...Ah, well this is awkward. I'm not sure if I should be shoving it in your guys faces or start being paranoid.

While I'm glad a more enjoyable, developed, and tolerant character like Lucina made it in and that my most requested FE rep is the kind of fighter I expected.
I don't even know what the f*** you're gloating about considering that I already complained about Lucina being a clone. "She was different enough" is the same justification for Dr. Mario, Falco, Ganon and so on. Like I said before, considering that Lucina now exists, I think they should've done away with Marth.

We also already discussed how characters LIKE Marth came from nowhere themselves, the fact that the designers couldn't come up with a unique moveset for Chrom is not a problem with feasibility, but imagination.
Back to top Go down
Scrawlers

Scrawlers

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 8 07v2DaMFri Jul 18, 2014 1:02 am

Celestial Phoenix wrote:
I'm not sure if I should be shoving it in your guys faces or start being paranoid.

Start being paranoid of what, pray tell? That Sakurai could be spying on you in order to get ideas? If that's the case, you can rest easy; Sakurai already shut down one fan who tried to give him an unsolicited opinion on how he should make the game, and I am sure he would do the same to you if you ever tried to give him input. Rest easy, he wouldn't care at all for your opinion.

In any case, everything Taiyz said in his previous post is accurate. Everyone here has only been arguing that Chrom could have been an interesting addition had Sakurai wanted to make it so. Could have. Not would have, for unlike you, none of us present our opinions as objective facts, but could have. Sakurai may not agree, but then again, Sakurai is fine using clones so long as they're characters he prefers, and also doesn't seem to be have considered the idea that both Marth and Ike could have been taken out without consequence. After all, Ike wasn't introduced until Brawl, when he replaced Roy; he could have easily gotten the axe to slot in Chrom instead. Easily.

Regardless, as far as I personally stand, my main problem with your "argument" is that you present a clearly biased opinion as objective fact and insult or chastise those who disagree with it. "Ignorant fanboys," you call them, and on top of that, you claim:

Celestial Phoenix wrote:
It shouldn't even be that much of a bewilderment that Ike stayed in the roster, imo. Yes, I mained Ike in Brawl but he is a fighter that fits "snuggly" in the roster for his playstyle, and likely not just out of fan desire.

Every single character in Smash Bros is there because of fan desire, whether the fans comprise numbers in popularity polls/game sales or whether the fan is a game developer themselves, such as how the fact that Solid Snake was included in Brawl because Hideo Kojima is a fan of the Smash Bros franchise. Smash Bros is a good game, there is no denying that, but the basic premise is to allow Nintendo fans to fight using their favorite Nintendo characters, and thus to settle nerdy arguments such as whether or not Mario could beat Link in a fight (or, as of Brawl, whether Mario could beat Sonic in a fight, which is something gamers have been wanting to know since the early 1990s). A lot of thought goes into Smash Bros, but that doesn't change the fact that the very basis of the game is fanservice, and that fanservice by and large dictates which characters will be added to the roster. After all, there is a reason that Pac-Man was added instead of Lloyd Irving for Namco's contribution despite the fact that the main Namco rep working on the game worked with Tales Studio previously (on Vesperia, I believe), and that reason is because Pac-Man would be more recognizable to a broader number of fans, despite the fact that he as a character would make less sense than a character like Lloyd (or even Colette, if you think it's such a cardinal sin to have more sword users, though Lloyd appeared in three games on Nintendo consoles whereas Colette can only lay claim to two).

So yes, CP, your beloved Ike is there because he is popular and people like him, yourself included. If he did not have fan appeal, he would have been cut and replaced with a clone. So before you spit upon people for being "ignorant fanboys" (especially when no one participating in this conversation is a fan of Chrom), before you look down on others for wanting their favorite character included in a game where the entire point is to be able to fight using your favorite character, you might want to recall that the game is catering to your fan needs just as much as it is to theirs, and that it's always wise to make sure your ducks are in a row before you criticize someone else for letting theirs out of line.

And as a final note? Before you accuse others of "nitpicking" and "not actually reading," you might want to consider the fact that Taiyz and I have had to repeat ourselves over, and over, and over again because you either refuse to understand what we're trying to say, or choose to outright ignore it in favor of dancing around the topic and stabbing wildly at random "arguments" to prove why Chrom would absolutely be a terrible addition no matter what. I won't bother with going back and actually counting the number of times we've said "other characters who didn't seem like they would work did, so Sakurai could make Chrom work if he really wanted to," but it was a lot, and all because you refused to either see or acknowledge that point.
Back to top Go down
Celestial Phoenix

Celestial Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 8 07v2DaMFri Jul 18, 2014 1:08 am

I don't recall "we discussing", more like you guys poking holes or trying to one-up me instead of exploring developer philosophies with me, possibly out of hurt egos. Oh, and I wasn't gloating, I was mocking the rising tension, a simple quip.

It may be but for all we know they could also be limited on resources or time constraints and Lucina was "thrown in". Roy was put in Melee as an advertisement to FE6 at the time, would Sakurai and the rest of the development team admit that now/wonder if they made Roy a more unique character? Nah, Roy was still a popular character and even requested today. I'm sure in the next Smash, not just Roy, but Lucina with a more original moveset, AND Chrom is going to be demanded again.

Because Sakurai loves spoiling his fans.
Back to top Go down
Scrawlers

Scrawlers

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 8 07v2DaMFri Jul 18, 2014 1:32 am

Celestial Phoenix wrote:
I don't recall "we discussing", more like you guys poking holes or trying to one-up me instead of exploring developer philosophies with me, possibly out of hurt egos.

Yes, we poked holes in your argument, because you presented an opinion as fact and we disagreed with it. Here's the thing: if you're going to present an opinion to a group of people, and especially if you're going to present one as fact, then you must be open to people disagreeing with you, which is exactly what we did. In addition, having dissenting opinions is part of having a discussion; if everyone in the room agrees on a topic then there is a good chance the discussion will taper off and the board will die/room will quiet. However, if there are dissenting opinions, then there will be plenty to talk about for a long time to come.

So when you presented your opinion as fact and we disagreed (or "poked holes," as you prefer), that was, in effect, keeping the discussion moving. As you can see, this has spanned several pages. Had we ignored you or agreed with you, there wouldn't have been nearly as many replies.

So yes, we were discussing, though as stated you made it difficult by either ignoring our points, stabbing at other random "arguments," or accusing us of nitpicking when you couldn't offer anything in response to our counterpoints. Here's a tip, though: if you don't want people to disagree with you and offer reasons for why they disagree, then don't post opinions as if they're objective fact (and especially don't throw in that you've trolled/insulted others over having differing opinions, because in that case you're really begging people to disagree and tear your opinions apart).

And if you really want some nitpicking, here it is: while you claim you weren't gloating, to "rub something in someone's face" is, in fact, gloating. You can claim that you were "mocking the rising tension" all you want, but that is not what the phrase "rub in your faces" means or implies.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 8 07v2DaMFri Jul 18, 2014 2:33 am

Why shouldn't Sakurai spoil the fans? THAT'S WHAT SMASH BROS. IS, it's ALSO what Scrawlers JUST SAID.

And that's probably why we have four Fire Emblem representatives despite one being a clone!
Back to top Go down
Celestial Phoenix

Celestial Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 8 07v2DaMFri Jul 18, 2014 12:39 pm

Ohh, is it me, or is it a bit salty in here?
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 8 07v2DaMFri Jul 18, 2014 1:30 pm

zz
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 8 07v2DaMFri Jul 18, 2014 9:32 pm

Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 8 41355646 
Back to top Go down
Txn
You > Evil
Txn

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 8 07v2DaMFri Jul 18, 2014 10:14 pm

O_Oa 
Back to top Go down
Celestial Phoenix

Celestial Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 8 07v2DaMFri Jul 25, 2014 2:52 pm

Looks like someone at Neogaf forums found a treasure trove of screenshots that Nintendo uploaded(probably dataminer food)for both versions mostly featuring the recent reveals: Robin, "Martha", and C. Falcon.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=860953

For the lazy: http://challengerapproaching.tumblr.com/post/92734015618/new-wii-u-screens

Some are amazing, some are lewd, some are just "WTF?"

Edit: FALCON... SHORYUKEN

Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 8 IgrtgXcbsmj6D

FALCON KNEE

Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 8 IB9Stv0jKA51q

FALCON RAGER...!

Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 8 IQ1B9vuAsjAbd
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 8 07v2DaMSat Jul 26, 2014 2:57 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0s5WrGOlHc&feature=youtu.be

So the Comic-Con 3DS Tournament ended with Bowser vs Bowser Grand Finals. And there was much rejoicing.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 8 07v2DaMWed Aug 20, 2014 4:06 am

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/18/two-zero-suit-samus-alternate-costumes-super-smash-bros/

Quote :
But thanks to the determination of her female designer, these Zero Suit outfits got completed in time.

[Tumblr scum]

https://i.imgur.com/9ZniKCz.jpg

[/Tumblr scum]
Back to top Go down
Varrius

Varrius

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 8 07v2DaMThu Aug 21, 2014 6:06 am

How bout that Duck Hunt?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thatonevideogamer.com/
Jazzeh
Admin
Jazzeh

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 8 07v2DaMFri Aug 22, 2014 3:33 am

wouldn't be surprised if it was real, but also wouldn't be surprised it was fake. It'd be kind of a cool addition in the same vein as R.O.B.
Back to top Go down
http://jazzmorelikespazz.tumblr.com
Drake
Admin
Drake

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 8 07v2DaMTue Aug 26, 2014 9:53 pm

Basically, the leaks have been quasi-confirmed to be real, by Nintendo's initial efforts to remove the leaks. Hooray Streisand effect. At this point we've also had video, with sound. The pic of the day about betting has also been previously revealed in the leaks, so.

Remaining roster:
[ispoiler]Vets: Jigglypuff, Wario, Game&Watch, Ganondorf, ROB, Falco, Ness, Dr. Mario (clone)
Newcomers: Bowser Jr, Shulk, Duck Hunt, Dark Pit (clone)
https://i.imgur.com/nTvOW58.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nhygkmysy1wzenr/AADxX8yrwbuOg0eccQ1CCvZia
[/ispoiler]
There are also possibly (likely) five more characters, and other names are being called out, but these don't seem to have evidence backing them yet.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Vulcapyro
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 8 07v2DaMWed Aug 27, 2014 2:41 am

So much for getting rid of clones.
Back to top Go down
TimeFactor

TimeFactor

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 8 07v2DaMFri Aug 29, 2014 3:38 pm

WHERE THE **** IS REYN!?
Back to top Go down
Celestial Phoenix

Celestial Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 8 07v2DaMFri Aug 29, 2014 4:54 pm

The recent reveals of the "edgier" character fighters have had really cheesy trailers and VA, ugh.

Anyways, the leak may be proven true(this was the case for Brawl pre-release too), but Shulk wasn't the only announced fighter, we got a veteran announcement nicely hidden in the Japanese trailer/ad.

Hi Ganondorf, I see you~
Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 8 2usc1oo
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 8 07v2DaMFri Aug 29, 2014 5:47 pm

TimeFactor wrote:
WHERE THE **** IS REYN!?
Assist Trophy please Sakurai.
Back to top Go down
Txn
You > Evil
Txn

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 8 07v2DaMFri Aug 29, 2014 6:00 pm

Now it's "Shulk time"! Twisted Evil

Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 8 JduCx6P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 8 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS
Page 8 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next