Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS

Go down 
+39
Shadowfox
Sakura1106
Psypher
Samaël
Dracos
Jazzeh
King Cat the Sixth
CyborgZeta
Shy Link
Arn
Scrawlers
Bo Staff Katana
Naoshi
ShirleyVaga
Tenshigami
Zwei.0
Suikoden
Divinus Fulmen
Colour
TrulyBigHeaded
Abicion
warriorangel01
Yoh-dono
Falcom
DylDawg
Zacewing
TimeFactor
Varrius
Drake
Rainstorm
Txn
Celestial Phoenix
BlazingFiddlesticks
DreamSword
Slivendiferious
Moontoon
senelcoolidge
Prinny
Taiyz
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Divinus Fulmen

Divinus Fulmen

Location : noun. a place of settlement, activity, or residence.

Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 12 07v2DaMTue Oct 07, 2014 2:23 am

Taiyz wrote:
Jazzeh wrote:
Taiyz wrote:
Jazz should probably post her friend code in here considering her post on the previous page, HINT HINT.

Hey it's not my fault no one remembered the fc sticky in this subforum

...and i guess i'll go ahead and add the codes that were posted in this topic while i'm at it.
I looked in there but I couldn't tell if it wasn't kept up to date or just inactive. It's probably because of our forum's nature to only play multiplayer games when a new title has come out, for maybe 3-4 weeks, to 3 months if lucky. (RIP Mario Kart 8.) I see this friend code stuff in a lot of threads so I figured I should post it in here, but I think we need to fix that.

OKAY EVERYBODY, FRIEND CODES IN THE STICKY FROM THIS POINT ON

Well, since I'm late to the party I'll just throw it in my signature.

Control customization is great, I just wish you could swap around D-pad and control pad functions.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 12 07v2DaMTue Oct 07, 2014 6:12 am

I agree with:

Dracos wrote:
Is it just me or is the level 9 ai harder than ever in this game. I have never seen them so patient, precise, and able to counter everything you do so easily, especially one on one. It feels more like luck fighting them with a roll of the dice choosing whether they will dodge/shield or not.
This. I've had times where I've won 2-0 (3 stock) against a LV 9 ZS samus, and times where I couldn't even touch her, while using the same character.
I have this growing suspicion that they learn from your patterns during a battle and come up with a way to counter it.

Drake wrote:
They're very good at dodging and countering, yes. They'll also actively try to edgeguard you, which wasn't really a thing before. The AI has clearly improved.
And this.
Lucina, Marth and Ike just counter 90% of my attacks, Shulk guards against 90% of them and counters the other 10%, I have no idea what's going on when I fight little mac, and I haven't been able to even deal a single point of damage to LV 9 Olimar.
That guy is insane.

Ganondorf is brilliant with the timing of his edgeguards.

And of course literally everyone air dodges at exactly the right time to be invulnerable in the air until they reach the ground, making it impossible to hit them with Up B's.

Divinus Fulmen wrote:
Control customization is great, I just wish you could swap around D-pad and control pad functions.
And this. I've lost many battles because I flunked my recovery by using Side-B instead of Up-B.

I'll add you later Div.

I need to figure out how the priority of attacks work. I always seem to be drawing the short end of the stick when using an attack at the same time as someone else.
Back to top Go down
Zwei.0

Zwei.0

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 12 07v2DaMTue Oct 07, 2014 8:33 am

Dracos wrote:
Is it just me or is the level 9 ai harder than ever in this game.

Some people said the Lvl 9 AI can read your inputs. That would explain some of my battles.
And I still wish that I could use my GC-controller, my fingers are to large to play. Now I know how Homer felt.

Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 12 07v2DaMTue Oct 07, 2014 10:08 am

Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 12 07v2DaMTue Oct 07, 2014 11:39 am

December 5 for EU Crying or Very sad OH WELL! Nice to have a release date.
Back to top Go down
http://moontoon.deviantart.com
Dracos

Dracos

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 12 07v2DaMTue Oct 07, 2014 1:15 pm

Zwei.0 wrote:

Some people said the Lvl 9 AI can read your inputs. That would explain some of my battles.
And I still wish that I could use my GC-controller, my fingers are to large to play. Now I know how Homer felt.

Wouldn't surprise me, I was playing as sheik once and when I teleported the computer attacked exactly where I was going be just perfectly so I teleported into his attack.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 12 07v2DaMWed Oct 08, 2014 2:23 am

Yeah the AI in this game isn't well designed. It might act smarter, but it also does inhuman things. They grab, counter and air-dodge far too successfully, and they escape from being buried or grabbed so fast that it's not worth attempting. I'm fairly certain that they mash buttons to escape from those things faster than a human could.

I don't think that they read your inputs, because that's stupid, but there's probably no buffer time for them to "think," they just act as soon as the code lets them, and then there's enough randomness thrown into to make them occasionally turtle, because they do let up sometimes.

Fighting AI Mario/Dr. Mario is infuriating because they just keep spinning you around with their cape/coat.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 12 07v2DaMWed Oct 08, 2014 7:54 am

I've been battling random LV 9 AI's with Mii Fighter, Greninja, Kirby and Baby Bowser to... moderate failure, most of the time barely losing, sometimes barely winning...

Until Kirby showed up.

What I've seen from LV 9 AI Kirbs, is that it plays almost exactly like how I used to play it in SSB64, only without all of the B specials. Seriously, aside from the occasional trying to swallow me, it hasn't used any.

I'm glad it showed me that Kirby can still be played that way, because my god, I couldn't dent it.
They say his range got nerfed...
I think the AI disagrees.

I'm nowhere near that level of skill with Kirby in this game yet though...
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 12 07v2DaMWed Oct 08, 2014 12:49 pm

So I got this yesterday and while I'm still acclimating to the controls (dat circlepad) I've been having a lot of fun as Pit so far. While the last SSB I played was Melee it was very little BUT I did play the original on N64 with friends as a kid. HATED playing against Kirby back then.

Also the lack of Lucas in this game saddens me.
Back to top Go down
Txn
You > Evil
Txn

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 12 07v2DaMWed Oct 08, 2014 3:09 pm

Bowser Jr Morton is the best newcomer in this game. It's a shame Smash Run doesn't have an online/with friends option for multiplayer, it's really fun to play~. Just one question, is it possible to change the rules in Smash Run so it can only play "Race to the Finish/Climb as high as you can" minigames at the end of each round?

My only issue is the circle pad because I'm mostly paranoid to break it after the rubber protector peeled off by playing Pokémon of all things.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 12 07v2DaMWed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Txn wrote:
by playing Pokémon of all things.
Mash those buttons!

Pokemon is an intense game man.

Bowser and Yoshi are definitely more of a threat than they used to be.

Can anyone give me advice against Olimar?
I can't touch that guy =(

I'm going to try to get back into kirby by fighting a 99 stock match against lv 9 ai kirby.
Not to the finish of course xD
Back to top Go down
Drake
Admin
Drake

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 12 07v2DaMWed Oct 08, 2014 6:34 pm

Advice against Olimar is largely 1) gimp, 2) take advantage when he has no Pikmin 3) don't get hit
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Vulcapyro
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 12 07v2DaMThu Oct 09, 2014 8:43 am

Thanks...

Is it possible to counter a counter with a counter?

For example, Marth uses an attack, Lucina counters, Marth counters said counter?
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 12 07v2DaMFri Oct 10, 2014 1:29 am

It's probably not possible without item usage, standard attacks and specials all have too much recovery I reckon.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 12 07v2DaMFri Oct 10, 2014 4:17 am

Haven't tried it with many characters yet, but Greninja definitely can't Substitute Shulk's Vision.

It might be possible the other way around, as Substitute is a bit weird in terms of counters.
It has a bit of lag at the start, disappears when hit and gives the enemy 1 second to respond or move before reappearing with a devastating knockback attack.

I guess since Shulk's Vision seems to activate instantly, it should be able to activate right in-between the two parts of the attack.

But no luck as of yet.
Back to top Go down
Txn
You > Evil
Txn

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 12 07v2DaMFri Oct 10, 2014 10:36 am

Also remember when I used Shulk Up-Smash, triggered your Substitute and still managed to hit you while you were counter-attacking. Razz
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 12 07v2DaMFri Oct 10, 2014 11:48 am

Txn wrote:
Also remember when I used Shulk Up-Smash, triggered your Substitute and still managed to hit you while you were counter-attacking. :P
That's because I came from above.

Substitute can approach from 64 different angles, apparently...

In any case, Substitute has been universally acknowledged as the worst counter in SSB4.
As "any competitive player" will be able to work around it.

While Shulk's is seen as one of the best ;)

It's quite easy to guard in between the two phases of the Substitute counter though.
So yes, theoretically, Shulk can counter the substitute counter with Vision.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 12 07v2DaMSat Oct 11, 2014 12:55 pm

Double post but eh,

The Taiyzer and I did some testing, and Greninja's "Substitute" can quite reliably be countered with Peach's Toad.
Toad's counter won't always hit Greninja though, depending on where he's coming from, having 64 directions to choose from and all.

In the heat of battle  it is harder to pull off, but it can definitely be done.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 12 07v2DaMTue Oct 14, 2014 3:48 am

https://i.imgur.com/wGfDR36.jpg (embedding didn't work for some reason)

Tee hee.
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 12 07v2DaMTue Oct 14, 2014 9:27 am

Haha XD Good one.

When I'm back home (friday this week) I'd love to play some smash with you guys.
Back to top Go down
Jazzeh
Admin
Jazzeh

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 12 07v2DaMTue Oct 14, 2014 11:18 pm

I'd be down for having a few matches this weekend, Moony. I haven't spent as much time with this game as some others may have (I still haven't unlocked everybody yet lol) but it should be fun regardless.
Back to top Go down
http://jazzmorelikespazz.tumblr.com
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 12 07v2DaMWed Oct 15, 2014 3:23 am

Yay \o/ Looking forward to that then! And yeah I still have characters to unlock too. It's weird. Ness was the first one to appear, but I couldn't beat him and he hasn't shown up since then .__.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 12 07v2DaMWed Oct 15, 2014 4:05 am

That's odd, so you finished a Smash or Smash Run after losing and you didn't get a rematch? After a bunch of online play with Sliv and Jase I was getting a new challenge after each offline match, and it was the same one until I beat them.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 12 07v2DaMWed Oct 15, 2014 5:37 am

Moontoon wrote:
Yay \o/ Looking forward to that then! And yeah I still have characters to unlock too. It's weird. Ness was the first one to appear, but I couldn't beat him and he hasn't shown up since then .__.
Have others show up instead of him?

Because at some point I had to defeat R.O.B before I could get someone someone else (forgot who) before I could unlock Ganondorf, even though I fought Ganondorf first (failed) and then R.O.B. showed up.
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 12 07v2DaMWed Oct 15, 2014 7:20 am

Yeah other characters have appeared. I think the last one I got was Lucina.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 12 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS
Page 12 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next