Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)

Go down 
+52
Venom
Meow Wow
Crystal Power
Naoshi
watermelon-lhant
Juanblue85
Friendzie
Prinny
Dracos
Scrawlers
PanbanRichard
Ryu
ShirleyVaga
fateoffate
Taiyz
Cagesry
Lloyzerdk
Dimentionalist
Txn
Zappa
Yoh-dono
Zacewing
Abicion
Yume Hanabi
Drake
King Cat the Sixth
NexeorF
cutepresea
BlazingFiddlesticks
Xhakum
Suki
DreamSword
Red_Rose
Emil12345
Suikoden
Slivendiferious
Arn
TimeFactor
Zwei.0
Colour
Meowzy
Tenshigami
Moontoon
Tsuki
Dcrigg
DylDawg
Harbinger
Falcom
HCSteven
Samaƫl
GroundhogDay
Rainstorm
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
AuthorMessage
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 25 07v2DaMTue May 05, 2015 12:21 am

Is it bad that im more hyped for the Japanese fans'/buyers' reactions than the game itself.
Back to top Go down
DreamSword
Handsome Hobo
DreamSword

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 25 07v2DaMTue May 05, 2015 2:08 am

DylDawg wrote:
Is it bad that im more hyped for the Japanese fans'/buyers' reactions than the game itself.
Nope. Because we all know everyone is gonna overreact if it turns out to be true.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 25 07v2DaMTue May 05, 2015 5:35 am

The only overreaction would be threats to Namco Bandai employees or anything worse than that. Everything else is fair game with this shit.
Back to top Go down
Zwei.0

Zwei.0

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 25 07v2DaMTue May 05, 2015 6:16 am

If that turns ouf to be true - I'm not sure which version I would buy. Depends on the PS4/Steam extras, I guess.
Could be a lazy port (Symphonia) or good one like Graces'.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 25 07v2DaMTue May 05, 2015 6:40 am

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/05/05/tales-zestiria-producer-apologizes-making-fans-worry-series/

I dunno if "worry" is the right word to use after what happened...

Come on Baba, show more (in the next mothership or whatever), and less talking.
Back to top Go down
Meowzy

Meowzy

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 25 07v2DaMTue May 05, 2015 1:16 pm

I'm laughing so hard right now. More than three months later, all talk about Zestiria is still a total mess.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 25 07v2DaMThu May 07, 2015 8:32 am

Zestiria broke the fanbase.

Too bad that its more on waifu reasons instead of discussing why the series has been declining in quality reasons.

Call me when Tempest/Legendia/Eternia Rs come or Namco gets their **** together.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 25 07v2DaMFri May 08, 2015 6:03 am

Even though it might not've been the reality check Namco needed, it's still a good thing that they felt the backlash.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 25 07v2DaMSat May 09, 2015 12:52 pm

Meowzy wrote:
I'm laughing so hard right now. More than three months later, all talk about Zestiria is still a total mess.

I'm laughing with you because honestly, I don't get what this total mess is about in the first place. x'D

Baba is basically caving in to a part of the fanbase because a choice they made in their game was not well received. I would rather see Baba and the team hold true to their ideals than apologize to a very vocal part of a much larger fanbase for something he should not be sorry for in the first place.

I haven't played the game, so I haven't experienced the source of this mess myself, and there was probably a time when I would have been pissed off because of it as well, but I can confidently say that right now, I agree with the choices that were made regarding that character. It's like the vocal part that is lashing out towards Bamco in this case is just so mad about a small part of the grand design of the game that they feel it ruined the entirity of it.

We have always had problems with parts of the entries in the Tales Series. Some of them have been "fixed" (Playable Chalcedny, Flynn) while others have not (no legendia remake, no VePS3ria localization, "terrible LMBS" in Symphonia, wtf is up with DotNW?). Not counting Tempest because that one apparently solely consisted of problems instead of just having a few; DotNW is the only game in which these problems were seen as ā€œunforgivableā€ by a large (or perhaps just really vocal) majority of fans.

Since then weā€™ve had Xillia which was an ā€œobvious betaā€, but still loved by a large part of the community. Xillia 2 which ā€œfixedā€ a lot of ā€œproblemsā€ Xillia 1 had but was still received with mixed reviews (they changed it now it sucks) and now we have Zestiria which has ā€œbroken the fanbaseā€.

All of the games prior to this point were criticized by vocal parts of the community because of gameplay mechanics that people were irritated with or because they were a sequel to a previous game and did not live up to the originalā€™s reputation. Now this is the curious part, and the part I donā€™t get:
Zestiria has not broken the fanbase because of a disturbing LMBS, Overpowered Mary Sues, annoying puzzling, or even the god-awful camera glitching. No, it has broken the fanbase because one of the characters in the game made a very valid choice story-wise, which would probably have even been applauded if this had been a book, film or series, but apparently ruined the game for practically everyone who played it. Itā€™s not the game design that has pissed people off, itā€™s the story telling.

And Baba is going to apologize for that.

._.

What the frickā€¦
Back to top Go down
DreamSword
Handsome Hobo
DreamSword

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 25 07v2DaMSat May 09, 2015 1:14 pm

Basically people are upset that their waifu isn't a permanent character. Because as we all know, Tales has never had a temporary party member before. It's like how many people claim Dawn sucks solely because of the voice cast change. And as a side note, I also don't see how this game has "broken the fanbase" when the fanbase has been broken for years now.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 25 07v2DaMSat May 09, 2015 1:54 pm

If I recall correctly, as early back as TotA, people were either annoyed by Luke or they weren't.

Did Bamco ever apologise for that? I don't think they did...

I guess it's much easier to unite and shout in unison at game developers nowadays than it was back then.
Back to top Go down
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 25 07v2DaMSat May 09, 2015 7:30 pm

I think the difference here is that their advertisement campaign was misleading. imo it's not a writing problem (I think it works well within the story), it's a marketting problem. That's probably why it's blown up so much (not that I agree with all the whining, and especially not with those sending hate to Fujishima etc, but I can sorta understand why some people are angry). If Namco had been upfront about their intentions from the start, it would have been better received.

I'm curious to see how the localization will handle this...
Back to top Go down
http://yume-x-hanabi.tumblr.com
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 25 07v2DaMSat May 09, 2015 9:02 pm

True, it might be marketing instead of storytelling in this case. But they never outright stated or even implied in their marketing that certain characters would be playable throughout the entire game and that certain other characters were not, right?

All they did was introduce the characters, just like they did for the other tales games.

Do you think they should've put a disclaimer up with "warning, this character is only featured in 1/3rd of the game", because honestly, I am really, really glad that they didn't do that.
Back to top Go down
Meowzy

Meowzy

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 25 07v2DaMSun May 10, 2015 8:28 am

Did you hear, though? Some Japanese fans started a petition to have Baba removed from his position for the next installment in the Tales series. Like, for some reason they're blaming Baba, who is the nicest and most well-intended guy ever, even though he's not the sole person responsible for a Tales game as well as its promotion. There's a huge team behind it. =/
Back to top Go down
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 25 07v2DaMSun May 10, 2015 1:42 pm

Poor Baba. They should realize he's not the one responsible for everything.

@Sliv: Yeah, they shouldn't have announced it like that, but, like, they gave Alisha a lot of coverage at first and hyped her a lot as if she was just like any other party member. (But then she seemed pretty removed from later marketting iirc and tbh personally I felt she would not be very important even before the game came out; most people didn't interpret it that way tho). And, correct me if I'm wrong (my memory of V and G's marketing is very vague), it's the first time a temporary character is given so much hype pregame. Which lead to people expecting something different than they got. (She was also the first female character introduced, which is traditionally what is done for the heroine. Did no one in the studio really consider the assumptions fans would make at her introduction?)

It wasn't the only issue. Rose and Zaveid were revealed pretty late, and for a long time we didn't even know if they were playable or permanent or what. Also didn't Baba say at some point that they actually didn't want to show them or something?

I think Namco was torn between its creative team wanting to try something different and wanting to keep the surprise, and the marketing climate demanding that the most be revealed so hype could be created.

(Another personal aside: I really don't like how the fishing for hype kind of kills discovery. Even without following the news attentively, I still knew much more than I'd have liked. To give a silly but upsetting to me example, there were very few beautiful fields to discover that I had not seen a glimpse of yet in trailers/promo pics etc. Also, like, do we really need to know all important named NPC in advance? Can't we discover them as we play? I wish Namco would stop revealing so much ><)

Sadly, their reaction to the backlash only added oil to the fire. Instead of lying about order of appearance or whatever (ffs if you have to pick a lie, pick one that cannot be so easily contradicted) [also that bullshit "the heroine is whoever you want it to be" to appease the fans when they clearly see neither Alisha nor Rose as heroines], they should have explained what was going on clearly. Though I'm not sure it would have changed anything tbh, cuz the Complete Guide interviews give really interesting insight on their choices etc, but haters determined to hate only use them as further amunition to hate (while I personally find them pretty interesting and can understand where the team was coming from, but as with the rest it's just my opinion orz).

Sorry it's a bit rambly ^^;
Back to top Go down
http://yume-x-hanabi.tumblr.com
TalesofHysteria

TalesofHysteria

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 25 07v2DaMMon May 11, 2015 3:51 am

I'm just so glad a PS4 version is apparently happening!
Back to top Go down
Meowzy

Meowzy

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 25 07v2DaMMon May 11, 2015 5:33 pm

TalesofHysteria wrote:
I'm just so glad a PS4 version is apparently happening!
I'm not. In my opinion, Zestiria has a lot of problem that a port won't fix. You'd need to rewrite some of the script to change how characters react to certain things and also change a lot of gameplay aspects. Sure, they could try to fix the camera issues in the PS4 version and the way the field is loaded to avoid lag, but... That's about all a port can do, unless they go the full route and add a buttload of new things to make up for obvious flaws, like they did with Graces and Vesperia. Which, tbh, I don't see them doing.

Yume Hanabi wrote:
(Another personal aside: I really don't like how the fishing for hype kind of kills discovery. Even without following the news attentively, I still knew much more than I'd have liked. To give a silly but upsetting to me example, there were very few beautiful fields to discover that I had not seen a glimpse of yet in trailers/promo pics etc. Also, like, do we really need to know all important named NPC in advance? Can't we discover them as we play? I wish Namco would stop revealing so much ><)
Well, I think the big problem here is that Namco needs to promote the game. They need to let potential players know that the game is coming and what to expect from it. The only way to do that is by- well- showing what's in the game. The OVA covering the start of the game was a great alternative, but that's not what most players look for. We want to see a wide array of characters and settings.
Back to top Go down
Zacewing

Zacewing

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 25 07v2DaMMon May 11, 2015 7:24 pm

I'm glad if a PS4 version is happening in the US because I'd rather not buy a PS3 just for one game, and I already intend on buying a PS4 in the near future anyways.
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 25 07v2DaMThu Jul 02, 2015 4:59 am

Collectors Edition revealed!

http://blog.talesofgame.com/en/japan-expo-zestiria-collectors-edition-revealed-pre-order-bonus-symphonia-for-pc-and-more/

Hopefully the differences between the NA and EU versions won't be too big.
Back to top Go down
http://moontoon.deviantart.com
Zwei.0

Zwei.0

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 25 07v2DaMThu Jul 02, 2015 5:46 am

At least Steam seems to use the same for everyone.
Now I'm not so sure anymore which version to get. I want to buy a PS4 (I will, but now I think I'll wait a bit longer). On the other hand, I'll get these things, too, for PS4 and I already own ToS... money, why don't I have more of you?
Back to top Go down
DreamSword
Handsome Hobo
DreamSword

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 25 07v2DaMThu Jul 02, 2015 10:41 am

Looks like I was right when I guessed that they'd include the Alisha chapter as pre-order DLC.
Back to top Go down
Lloyzerdk

Lloyzerdk

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 25 07v2DaMThu Jul 02, 2015 12:32 pm

Has a NA CE been announced too? I get the feeling Namco's been starting to give NA fans the shaft lately. There aren't any ambassador events as in Europe, no mention of Zestiria's presence at E3 was given, the NA release date wasn't initially included in the post that revealed Europe's. It's just been weird.
Back to top Go down
TalesofHysteria

TalesofHysteria

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 25 07v2DaMThu Jul 02, 2015 3:58 pm

Ooops, bumped the main forum Zestiria (PS4 announcement) thread with this, sorry Moontoon.

Almost guaranteed there'll be an NA CE, perhaps announced tommorow:

http://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/616441172496510976

Should be Alisha chapter too for launch copies...

As for Bandai Namco giving the shift to NA, does Bandai Namco US even have a community manager? It's possible the European branch of Bandai Namco is just larger for some reason. Also no loyalty program in NA, which is how the Alisha DLC is being distributed in Europe (Bandai Namco VIP.)

Don't need a program to distribute it per se, it should be fine.
Back to top Go down
Zwei.0

Zwei.0

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 25 07v2DaMThu Jul 02, 2015 4:54 pm

So, I will buy the steam version, but I have a question: if they reach the first goal and I pre-order it after that, will I get the stuff from first reward as well?
My problem is that I cannot buy it today anymore.
Back to top Go down
Zacewing

Zacewing

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 25 07v2DaMThu Jul 02, 2015 5:14 pm

I'm pretty sure the rewards are cumulative and available to anyone who preorders.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 25 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)
Page 25 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next