Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tales of Zesteria Anime!

Go down 
+16
King Cat the Sixth
Taiyz
Tenshigami
TalesofHysteria
Naoshi
cutepresea
Moontoon
Rainstorm
Harbinger
Crystal Power
Meowzy
DylDawg
Zacewing
Zwei.0
Samaël
AzureEdge
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
AzureEdge
✧Chromatus✧
AzureEdge

Tales of Zesteria Anime! Empty
PostSubject: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! 07v2DaMSun Jun 07, 2015 8:48 pm

And no, I'm not talking about the sheperds OVA that we watched a while back.

Zesteria is getting a full blown anime from ufotable, as he takes of series's 2pth anniversary animation. It airs in 2016.

So, what are your thoughts about it? Was this expected after getting that hour episode before?
Back to top Go down
https://www.wattpad.com/user/AzureEdge7
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! 07v2DaMSun Jun 07, 2015 8:54 pm

I don't know what to think of it. I thought that the ToV movie was good. I thought that Tales of the Abyss (was it?) was... well, not my cup of tea.

I watched the Star Ocean (2) anime and it was weird.

In general, I'm a bit turned off when I can "joke" and say "there's a save point here and they are about to fight a boss". This one is not a big offender, but I also tend to say out loud "Party member +1!".

If you are going to adapt a game into a movie or anime, it shouldn't feel like that. It should actually bring something to the table.
Back to top Go down
Samaël
Kamen Rider
Samaël

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! 07v2DaMSun Jun 07, 2015 9:20 pm

I just want the tickle fight animated.
Back to top Go down
Zwei.0

Zwei.0

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! 07v2DaMMon Jun 08, 2015 4:10 am

Harbinger wrote:
I thought that Tales of the Abyss (was it?) was... well, not my cup of tea.

How come? IIRC, they didn't rush anything.

Does the OVA count as episode 1 (and 2)?
Back to top Go down
Zacewing

Zacewing

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! 07v2DaMMon Jun 08, 2015 4:23 am

The Abyss anime is alright. It's just kinda boring if you've already played the game cause it's literally a scene-for-scene adaptation of the game.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! 07v2DaMMon Jun 08, 2015 5:13 pm

I want a not scene-for-scene adaptation if that makes sense. I really hope they go in a more unique direction with the anime showing scenes happening we didn't see before, as well as major events, and making playful allusions to in-game features.

I wouldn't be upset with scene-for-scene though, still a very honest transition, I'm excited for this.
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! 07v2DaMTue Jun 09, 2015 3:11 pm

Zwei.0 wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
I thought that Tales of the Abyss (was it?) was... well, not my cup of tea.

How come? IIRC, they didn't rush anything.

Does the OVA count as episode 1 (and 2)?

I never finished it. I'm not sure which episode I stopped at, but if I remember correctly, they were in a forest and they have met Jade --- and went on a quest to save the forest or something.

I wasn't too far, I think.

Unless the Anime is meant to look like a game (Log Horizon, SAO, No Game No Life, etc), I don't want it to feel like a game. I love games, but I don't want to watch an Anime that follows the exact same structure as a game, unless it was advertised as such.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! 07v2DaMTue Jun 09, 2015 3:51 pm

Zacewing wrote:
The Abyss anime is alright. It's just kinda boring if you've already played the game cause it's literally a scene-for-scene adaptation of the game.

But the anime final battle didn't even have the amazing and climactic effects the game had.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Meowzy

Meowzy

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! 07v2DaMTue Jun 09, 2015 4:55 pm

Honestly, it depends how many episodes we'll get. Remember what a trainwreck the Symphonia animation was? Especially the first four episodes, when it wasn't yet sure how many episodes there'd be in total? It wasn't a scene-for-scene adaptation, that's for sure.

I'm hoping Zestiria gets about 10 episodes, and this is a set number that won't be changed throughout production so they can plan the material for the episodes accordingly.
Back to top Go down
Crystal Power

Crystal Power

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! 07v2DaMWed Jul 01, 2015 6:21 am

ShivKH wrote:
I want a not scene-for-scene adaptation if that makes sense. I really hope they go in a more unique direction with the anime showing scenes happening we didn't see before, as well as major events, and making playful allusions to in-game features.

I wouldn't be upset with scene-for-scene though, still a very honest transition, I'm excited for this.
I agree. Something more like Eternia's Animation.
Back to top Go down
Zacewing

Zacewing

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! 07v2DaMWed Jul 01, 2015 1:33 pm

Meowzy wrote:
Honestly, it depends how many episodes we'll get. Remember what a trainwreck the Symphonia animation was? Especially the first four episodes, when it wasn't yet sure how many episodes there'd be in total? It wasn't a scene-for-scene adaptation, that's for sure.

I'm hoping Zestiria gets about 10 episodes, and this is a set number that won't be changed throughout production so they can plan the material for the episodes accordingly.

Since it's a TV anime adaptation, it'll probably be a 2-cour show due to the length of the game itself.
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! 07v2DaMWed Feb 10, 2016 4:23 pm

https://www.facebook.com/talesofzestirians/photos/a.564575593610953.1073741828.564553153613197/963307313737777/?type=3&theater

Tales of Zestiria the X will have its first showing at Anime Japan 2016 which starts march 25th!
Back to top Go down
Zwei.0

Zwei.0

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! 07v2DaMThu Feb 11, 2016 9:01 am

Does that mean we'll hear more about Berseria, too?
Back to top Go down
cutepresea

cutepresea

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! 07v2DaMThu Feb 11, 2016 3:21 pm

They say they're gonna give new info there, so maybe we'll hear the air date. Or who's gonna voice Lailah Sad
Back to top Go down
cutepresea

cutepresea

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! 07v2DaMFri Mar 25, 2016 11:31 pm

Bump

Site updated. Can be switched to other languages, but I linked English. Says it'll be available worldwide starting summer (Daisuki uploaded the teaser to YouTube, so I'm assuming they'll stream it)

FLOW is doing the opening theme. No word on ending yet. Lailah's new voice is Noriko Shitaya.

Please don't take over this thread like you did the ToS OVA one, self
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! 07v2DaMSat Mar 26, 2016 12:16 am

Can't wait!

EDIT:

Since we see Alisha/Rose opposed to each other on the same image, does that mean Alisha will have a major role in the Anime? In the game, I have no doubt that she did her stuff on the side to prevent the war and all, but I was wondering if she was going to travel with the party.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! 07v2DaMSat Mar 26, 2016 2:53 am

The tagline has me wondering if we'll get resolution to the small-ish cliffhanger at the end of Alisha's episode? or maybe they'll go in depth as to where Mikleo went to before he joined the party in that episode. Or maybe they just mean Sorey's life touched a lot of people in the world. Only time will tell, but I'm excited!
Back to top Go down
cutepresea

cutepresea

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! 07v2DaMSat Mar 26, 2016 10:33 am

Bigger version of the new art
Linked because it's huge

Oh no, I am doing it again
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! 07v2DaMSat Mar 26, 2016 7:59 pm

Let it happen Cutie P, I personally love seeing the new news and people being passionate/excited about things, no worries! ^_^

I love the look of it, especially the way they drew the water around Mikleo
Back to top Go down
cutepresea

cutepresea

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! 07v2DaMSun Mar 27, 2016 6:25 am

The opening theme will be titled Kaze no Uta (Song of the Wind) and will be released this summer on the same single as Tales of Berseria's OP. https://twitter.com/FLOW_official/status/713686104684122113

I have embraced it. As you said, I'll let it happen. Ahahaaaa....
Back to top Go down
cutepresea

cutepresea

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! 07v2DaMMon May 09, 2016 6:08 am

Bump again:
http://toz-thex-anime.tales-ch.jp/topics/news/#post-751
This is airing in July. Exact date hasn't been given yet.
Ending theme is by fhána.

(Had to link the Japanese site because the English site doesn't have the info up, they only put up the bios on the character page so far)
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! 07v2DaMTue May 10, 2016 3:18 am

Thanks for the update! Really looking forward to this Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://moontoon.deviantart.com
cutepresea

cutepresea

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! 07v2DaMWed May 25, 2016 5:30 am

It's gonna start airing on July 3 http://toz-thex-anime.tales-ch.jp/on-air/
There's also gonna be an advanced screening of the first four episodes in Japan on June 25 with fhana (ED theme) and Mikleo, Alisha, and Lailah's voices as guests.
Back to top Go down
cutepresea

cutepresea

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! 07v2DaMWed Jun 01, 2016 11:16 am

Bump
New trailer and commercial. Trailer has English subtitles, commercial doesn't but does have part of the OP theme in it.

Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! 07v2DaMWed Jun 01, 2016 12:20 pm

It looks gorgeous Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Tales of Zesteria Anime!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next