Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tales of Zesteria Anime!

Go down 
+16
King Cat the Sixth
Taiyz
Tenshigami
TalesofHysteria
Naoshi
cutepresea
Moontoon
Rainstorm
Harbinger
Crystal Power
Meowzy
DylDawg
Zacewing
Zwei.0
Samaël
AzureEdge
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

Tales of Zesteria Anime! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! - Page 3 07v2DaMThu Jul 14, 2016 1:03 pm

Worse, while I was unable to attend the panel - it was scheduled on top of the Kodansha panel and since a friend was among the Kodansha staff at that panel, it took priority - FUNimation debuted the first two dubbed episodes at Anime Expo. So it's even more likely that the dub has the same errors since those were done before *any* of it aired.

Tales of Zesteria Anime! - Page 3 41355646
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! - Page 3 07v2DaMThu Jul 14, 2016 3:45 pm

That's ridiculous and saddening. I really want this one on Blu-ray too, since I'm really invested in this anime run. Is it too late for them to do some quality assurance in the next eps they do (even if it breaks term continuity with their first episodes...that had the wrong terms anyways)? Or do we think the entire thing would be done by now.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! - Page 3 07v2DaMThu Jul 14, 2016 4:52 pm

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2016/07/01/special-worldwide-sneak-peek-english-dub-premiere-of-tales-of-zestiria-the-x-only-at-anime-expo/

Ok ignore my last statement, what they showed at AX was not a final version of the dub.

Quote :
This dub premiere episode is a preliminary version created exclusively for this Anime Expo premiere, and some of the performances and casting will be changed for the final dub version.

So it's somewhat less doom and gloom than I suggested.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! - Page 3 07v2DaMThu Jul 14, 2016 11:25 pm

Oh good! That's a much better prognosis, feeling better about the Blu-ray again!
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! - Page 3 07v2DaMFri Jul 22, 2016 10:02 am

Is it just me, or was Sorey and Mikleo's dialogues in the anime really cringeworthy? I played Zesty with dub, so I was kinda weirded out by Mikleo's rather (effiminately) preachy dialogues.

It's like he was affectionately teaching Sorey with how much he prolonged (?slurred?) his ending words.....I'm not sure how to say this, like there's an "~" feeling at the end of his sentences? E.g.; have you brushed your teeth~?, that kind of feeling.

And they address their partner as Sorey/Mikleo instead of 'you' (omae?)

I dunno, I'm probably just biased towards the dub because I like how Mikleo seems like a no nonsense, laidback bro in the dub. And their interaction is less polite and more scathing jabs (usually with Sorey at the receiving end), yknow, like long time friends usually are?
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! - Page 3 07v2DaMMon Jul 25, 2016 1:59 pm

From what I've heard, that's how Mikleo was written in the JP version and they "bro'd" him up a little for the international release. I don't really see the ~ feeling though, he is very disciplinary and teasing, but I don't see it as too much different from how I interpreted their English interactions. I, personally, didn't find it cringeworthy, but it could be because this is how I always felt they were.

Episode 3 had some nice changes, though I do wonder about if they are changing the
Spoiler:
with the arrival of the slimey dragon instead of the slimes. I really like the new perspectives of Alisha we're getting, but I do feel like she comes across as more naive than she does in the game, she is naive either way, but in different ways I feel. Her pacifist policy really is the best bet if you look at the conditions of each country, and she knows the facts, but we are only really getting to see the faith side of her. To be fair, its her strong faith that let her stave off becoming a hellion in her harsh conditions, its a very strong side of her. Its just saddening because she gets a lot of flack and the anime is showing the side that gets the most flack from people. She's still my personal favourite.
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! - Page 3 07v2DaMTue Jul 26, 2016 12:41 am

The Anime has a few inconsistency, but it won't reduce my enjoyment of it. It's pretty solid.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! - Page 3 07v2DaMTue Jul 26, 2016 2:42 am

ShivKH wrote:
From what I've heard, that's how Mikleo was written in the JP version and they "bro'd" him up a little for the international release.
I had a strong feeling that this was the case and it'll be interesting to see how FUNimation handles him because they are known for modernizing dialogue, it's the main reason why Haganai's dub is so good, it catches you off guard because its dialogue feels very with-the-times. Tales characters are unfortunately very easy to read, but Mikleo in the dub seemed way cooler than his appearance would lead you to believe, so he really caught me off guard. That said, there's still some rad fist bump action in the OP.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! - Page 3 07v2DaMTue Jul 26, 2016 3:20 pm

The international release at least kept his feelings in tact, the only part they really majorly changed, to my knowledge, was the conversation he had with Sorey during the Journey's End scenes, they made it less personal and more Sorey-centric, rather than about the two of them.

I also felt that Mikleo's character felt more fresh, but also natural, so I do hope FUNimation follows suit with the dub when they dub the show. Mikleo does feel, as you say, easy to read and ( and kind of playing to the tsundere trope a bit I feel right now, just a bit though, like maybe two scenes), with small breaths of freshness. (Damn is he consistently fabulous though, all that wind blowing through his many, many belts)
Back to top Go down
Samaël
Kamen Rider
Samaël

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! - Page 3 07v2DaMWed Jul 27, 2016 9:27 pm

Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! - Page 3 07v2DaMWed Jul 27, 2016 10:53 pm

That's really great! I loved the voicework in Zestiria...I hope Mikleo's is close or its a pseudonym for his original VA, Lloyd's VA in Radiant Mythology and DotNW threw me off, and usually I don't notice VA changes, so I hope its not another of those
Back to top Go down
cutepresea

cutepresea

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! - Page 3 07v2DaMThu Jul 28, 2016 12:49 am

ShivKH wrote:
I hope Mikleo's is close or its a pseudonym for his original VA
The bolded is what I'm hoping. I can't find anything on this name. I keep getting results for a character from Exorcist II. :/
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! - Page 3 07v2DaMThu Jul 28, 2016 1:33 pm

Really, realllyyyyy hope that's the reason. I'm really just not feeling it with the sub right now and sincerely hoping the dub would salvage it. I'm going to be pretty bummed out if the best voice (tied with Edna) didn't return.
Back to top Go down
Zwei.0

Zwei.0

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! - Page 3 07v2DaMThu Jul 28, 2016 3:32 pm

Wasn't there a showing of the dub somewhere?
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! - Page 3 07v2DaMThu Jul 28, 2016 4:54 pm

At AX, yes. But it was a preliminary dub made just for AX and may not have even had the same voice actors.
Back to top Go down
cutepresea

cutepresea

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! - Page 3 07v2DaMThu Aug 04, 2016 1:49 am

They fixed Celestial Record, Sacred Blade Festival, and Marlind in the dub...they still referred to the Earthpulse as ley lines though. Sad
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! - Page 3 07v2DaMThu Aug 04, 2016 1:14 pm

Can't blame them. Earthpulse was pretty irrelevant in the game Razz
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! - Page 3 07v2DaMFri Aug 05, 2016 7:15 pm

SOOOOOO

The English Dub of this Anime.... Velvet's going to have 2 episodes for herself.

Do you think they will pick a random VA or will they pick one that will voice Velvet in the game (in English)?
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! - Page 3 07v2DaMFri Aug 12, 2016 7:36 pm

^Hopefully they will cast the same VA for the game, because I'm really interested in the anime dub now. It's pretty excellent.

And Philip Lamont is indeed Mikleo yayayaya
Back to top Go down
Samaël
Kamen Rider
Samaël

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! - Page 3 07v2DaMSat Aug 13, 2016 9:53 am

Harbinger wrote:
SOOOOOO

The English Dub of this Anime.... Velvet's going to have 2 episodes for herself.

Do you think they will pick a random VA or will they pick one that will voice Velvet in the game (in English)?
Well it's safe to assume they're already done the English voice over for Berseria and they've been getting Funimation/Texas VAs for the newest game, so I'm going to assume Velvet and Rokuro will at least have the same voices.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! - Page 3 07v2DaMSat Aug 13, 2016 4:18 pm

King Cat the Sixth wrote:
Are you saying it's the same actor from the game under a pseudonym?
Back to top Go down
Samaël
Kamen Rider
Samaël

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! - Page 3 07v2DaMSat Aug 13, 2016 4:49 pm

Taiyz wrote:
King Cat the Sixth wrote:
Are you saying it's the same actor from the game under a pseudonym?
Yes
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! - Page 3 07v2DaMWed Aug 17, 2016 1:52 am

Poor Seres Sad
Back to top Go down
Juliko

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! - Page 3 07v2DaMThu Oct 20, 2016 8:06 pm

Samaël wrote:
I just want the tickle fight animated.

SAME! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Velvet Crowe

Velvet Crowe

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! - Page 3 07v2DaMMon Nov 14, 2016 8:23 pm

still need to watch this but beating the game comes first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zesteria Anime!   Tales of Zesteria Anime! - Page 3 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Tales of Zesteria Anime!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next