Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS

Go down 
+39
Shadowfox
Sakura1106
Psypher
Samaël
Dracos
Jazzeh
King Cat the Sixth
CyborgZeta
Shy Link
Arn
Scrawlers
Bo Staff Katana
Naoshi
ShirleyVaga
Tenshigami
Zwei.0
Suikoden
Divinus Fulmen
Colour
TrulyBigHeaded
Abicion
warriorangel01
Yoh-dono
Falcom
DylDawg
Zacewing
TimeFactor
Varrius
Drake
Rainstorm
Txn
Celestial Phoenix
BlazingFiddlesticks
DreamSword
Slivendiferious
Moontoon
senelcoolidge
Prinny
Taiyz
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Celestial Phoenix

Celestial Phoenix

Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 10 07v2DaMSat Sep 13, 2014 1:44 am

Smash's controls were always customizable. You'll have to give more details unless you were talking about the demo version; which is pretty underwhelming but expected.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 10 07v2DaMSat Sep 13, 2014 2:18 am

I know you can't change the controls in the demo, I was talking about the full game and couldn't remember the kind of customization these games have.
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 10 07v2DaMSat Sep 13, 2014 1:48 pm

Taiyz wrote:
Do we know how customizable the controls will be? I hate 'em.

BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:
That half of Duck Hunt Dog's moveset is reference collage of NES SuperScope games is beautiful.  Will be giving the canine sucker a spin, I always wanted him even when he was a joke.

Arn wrote:
Don't think he was offended, it's just that Hatsune Miku is not a otaku thing anymore.

Can I say "The burden of proof is on you for that one" in the politest possible way?  I'm hardly anti-Miku, but that's really damn hard to envision; of the real-life fans I know she's only pulled people further down.  Not that my experience is total.
Don't nerdshame, check priveledge, etc.

Is that how you answer a question?
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 10 07v2DaMSat Sep 13, 2014 1:55 pm

Even though I suck at Smash, looks like i'll at least have fun with Shulk whenever I get it.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 10 07v2DaMSat Sep 13, 2014 8:25 pm

I'm getting used to the demo's controls, but I still find that the circle pad is fucking up my inputs. I also find Mega Man frustrating to use, mostly because of how his charge-shot works, and how his regular buster shots aren't particularly great unless you're keeping somebody away from a ledge. Link's really fun in this game, though! Did he have that walking jump slash in Brawl, or is that one of the new inputs for Smash 4?

Taiyz wrote:
Do we know how customizable the controls will be? I hate 'em.

That half of Duck Hunt Dog's moveset is reference collage of NES SuperScope games is beautiful.  Will be giving the canine sucker a spin, I always wanted him even when he was a joke.

Arn wrote:
Don't think he was offended, it's just that Hatsune Miku is not a otaku thing anymore.

Can I say "The burden of proof is on you for that one" in the politest possible way?  I'm hardly anti-Miku, but that's really damn hard to envision; of the real-life fans I know she's only pulled people further down.  Not that my experience is total.
Don't nerdshame, check priveledge, etc.

Is that how you answer a question?
There may be a question mark there, but I'm not sure what the f*** you're asking.

Last edited by Taiyz on Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Celestial Phoenix

Celestial Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 10 07v2DaMSun Sep 14, 2014 7:10 pm

The jump slash is indeed new to Link for Smash 4. Many vets got changes to their old move sets, the most common one is that "infinites" are not so infinite anymore, like Fox's kicks.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 10 07v2DaMSun Sep 14, 2014 10:56 pm

Isn't that based on an input from one of the games? Like I think there was a lunging slash in some of the later 2D games, like Four Swords Adventures.

Anyway, Amiibo are up for pre-order now guys. EB Games and Amazon have them in Canada:
DK, Fox, Kirby, Link, Mario, Marth, Peach, Pikachu, Samus (varia suit,) Villager, Wii Fit Trainer and Yoshi.
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 10 07v2DaMTue Sep 16, 2014 12:40 am

Hmm.

Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 10 07v2DaMTue Sep 16, 2014 3:10 am

Sorry, I couldn't watch 30 seconds of that. Guy had the most punchable voice and his own baked in advertisement at the beginning of his video.

Nintendo and online play is like mentos and coke, anybody who expected Smash Bros.' online play to be flawless is borderline braindead. Even if they smooth out first couple bugs we hear about, it's still gonna blow up and run like shit because it's a Japanese game and their netcode likely wasn't tested on international scales.

I realize that people have the attitude of "I bought a product, and I expect the product to work," but f*** this shit is hard, okay nerds? What matters is the response, not the fact that it happened. You have games like Battlefield 4 which, unfortunately, still have problems after frequent patches despite prior releases having almost flawless launches (by my standards anyway; I remember Battlefield 3 getting off the ground quickly, anybody who expects dedicated servers to work day one is a fool.) Most games will have a lack of communication for a while, while things are slowly patched. Sometimes the devs are very adamant about what's going on. It's DAY TWO of the game, and I'm not surprised that we haven't heard much directly from Nintendo, but that had better change soon. Will we hear from NoA about this? Probably not, because we aren't getting the game for a while yet, we are not their focus right now. But instead of paying attention to The Insert-Emotion-Here Gamerman of Some Ethnicity on YouTube and getting your one dollar shave on, we should be looking toward actual sources like NoJ's twitter or Nintendo/fighting game fansites that pay attention to and translate news for Japanese fans.

EventHubs, for example, has had a bunch of coverage from 2ch users testing out the bug and even proving it live on a stream, although it was trickier than expected to execute, taking 27 minutes of dedicated attempts.
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/sep/14/video-super-smash-bros-3ds-peach-bug-replicated-stream-learn-how-avoid-getting-hit-ban/

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this kind of backlash is why Nintendo's so goddamn afraid of making a proper network infrastructure, because so much can go wrong, and we should NOT be surprised when it does. Honestly, having an automated system like this is pretty impressive, but let's just hope that Nintendo compensated for all the crazy shit pro players can do.
Back to top Go down
Celestial Phoenix

Celestial Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 10 07v2DaMWed Sep 17, 2014 1:38 am

I'm not surprised the 3DS online lag is present. Disappointed, yes, but similar to what Taiyz pointed out, the amount of online traffic from Japan alone is insane(1 mill copies sold within four days).

Sakurai has strongly hinted that the game will get patches. Granted, knowing Nintendo, the patches will only be fixes and not new content or improvements. What's more is that Smash Bros is not done and over yet for the generation, the Wii U version may surprise us. I have faith, I'm also not going to be the player that hops online the moment he gets the game, I'd rather actually practice first and, y'know, enjoy the game for what it's worth offline.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 10 07v2DaMWed Sep 17, 2014 3:34 am

I dunno, I'm probably gonna want to play online right away, but not against strangers. Then again, with all the customizable moves...It'll take a while to figure out who suits me best.
Back to top Go down
Drake
Admin
Drake

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 10 07v2DaMSun Sep 21, 2014 4:54 am

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Vulcapyro
Celestial Phoenix

Celestial Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 10 07v2DaMFri Sep 26, 2014 10:54 pm

All right. The English version is releasing next Friday.

I have a question: Digital or physical copy? Digital works if there is going to be a midnight release and allows you to get a few extra hours in likely. The con? I can imagine the e-shop crashing the moment it releases, so I'm pretty concerned.

I would like to get the digital, although I have Amazon Prime and can get free shipping on my physical copy order, still, there is the slight inconvenience of my damn orders always being late(6 PM here is the longest I waited for a few orders)
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 10 07v2DaMSat Sep 27, 2014 2:23 am

I can wait a couple days for my copy, I was never super stoked about the 3DS version, but I like the companion game idea.
Back to top Go down
Divinus Fulmen

Divinus Fulmen

Location : noun. a place of settlement, activity, or residence.

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 10 07v2DaMSun Sep 28, 2014 5:26 am

Good netcode in a fighting game? I've yet to see such a mythical beast, it doesn't exist.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 10 07v2DaMSun Sep 28, 2014 11:49 pm

The first BlazBlue was probably the best I've seen when it came to netcode.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 10 07v2DaMFri Oct 03, 2014 6:59 pm

This thing's out, the circle pad still sucks and is the only option for moving your character. Shitty.
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 10 07v2DaMFri Oct 03, 2014 7:22 pm

It does feel awkward playing smash on a handheld. Still, better than I expected and online mode is so much better than Brawl when it comes to lag.
Back to top Go down
http://moontoon.deviantart.com
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 10 07v2DaMFri Oct 03, 2014 8:38 pm

I guess the thing that bothers me most, that I didn't actually realize in the demo, is that you don't double-tap to dash. Your character automatically starts dashing if you "tap" the circle pad, which feels really arbitrary. I find it a little difficult to set up certain combos because of this (like using ZS Samus' Flip Jump then zapping somebody with her charged down-smash.)

That said, Zero Suit Samus is fucking amazing. I really hope that the devs realize that although they primarily separated the characters due to system limitations, it really helped the characters develop into more interesting fighters. I'm curious, was ZS Samus' crazy-awesome final smash in Brawl? Because it's really fucking cool.

Rosalina has a lot of potential but her setups all seem so finicky because Luma has this weak follower AI that doesn't always co-operate. It's one of those things that a one-on-one fighter like BlazBlue doesn't have to worry about, the puppets just face the enemy, but in Smash Bros. the game can't assume that you're always going to want Luma facing the nearest enemy. I gotta say she's probably the most disappointing character I've played as thus far, I kinda wish there was a different version of her without Luma.

Peach is a little difficult to use when you disable jumping with the circle pad (something that I feel is necessary for the 3DS version,) I keep forgetting to use her double jump and instead screw myself by floating instead. I feel that her turnips aren't quite as good as they used to be, a lot of the time they have really underwhelming knockback now (I thought they were all supposed to do equal damage and knockback in Smash 4, but according to SSBWiki it's mostly just the knockback that was nerfed, and I don't know each face's stats) but my issues are still mostly because of the circle pad, I find them difficult to grab out of the air now. Her revolving smash attack is still great, though, and the butt thrust is fantastic, although it was apparently in Melee I don't remember it at all.

Also, is it just me or does Peach have a new voice? I'm pretty certain Samus does at least. I'm curious who they are (I kinda wish Samus' voice clips were better though...They're very deadpan and don't fit the animations.)

I'll also admit that Nintendo was right about the outlines, they might look shitty in screenshots, but they are an extremely smart decision for gameplay.

I'm gonna see if I can get back into shape with Peach for old times' sake, but Samus' new boots are giving Peach a run for her money. I definitely think that ZS Samus is fun enough to claim "main" right now.
Back to top Go down
Celestial Phoenix

Celestial Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 10 07v2DaMFri Oct 03, 2014 10:02 pm

Some of the old characters didn't get new voices, they were the same old recordings from Brawl. They likely added more vocal variety to the "damaged" script.
Back to top Go down
Jazzeh
Admin
Jazzeh

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 10 07v2DaMFri Oct 03, 2014 10:27 pm

against my better judgment i bought the game despite adamantly stating that i would only get the wiiu version...S-so y'all better play with me or else you'll regret it. It's not like I wanted to play with you bakas or anything. Hmph.
Back to top Go down
http://jazzmorelikespazz.tumblr.com
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 10 07v2DaMFri Oct 03, 2014 10:49 pm

Agreed, ZS Samus is amazing.

Though the same goes for Shulk and Robin as well.

Kirby feels really clumsy, but i think that's mostly because of the circle pad.
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 10 07v2DaMSat Oct 04, 2014 5:17 am

One of my mains; Pit feels so different so I have to develop a new fighting style with him .__. I do love his new dorky voice though!
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 10 07v2DaMSat Oct 04, 2014 9:39 am

I want to battle all of you, but I must warn you.

I mostly play Mii Swordfighter or ZS Samus, but I suck at every single character in this game, so I won't be much of an opponent.

=(
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 10 07v2DaMSat Oct 04, 2014 1:36 pm

Still want to battle you, Slivvy! I kind of suck myself so it'll be fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 10 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS
Page 10 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next