Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Our yearly E3 thread

Go down 
+16
Falcom
Tenshigami
Samaël
Harbinger
Divinus Fulmen
Roadie
BlazingFiddlesticks
Twinrehz
Psypher
Prinny
Taiyz
Celestial Phoenix
Txn
warriorangel01
Bo Staff Katana
Arn
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Divinus Fulmen

Divinus Fulmen

Location : noun. a place of settlement, activity, or residence.

Our yearly E3 thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 2 07v2DaMTue Jun 03, 2014 11:53 pm

Taiyz wrote:
Celestial Phoenix wrote:
Taiyz wrote:

Prinny wrote:
Bravely Default sold better then Lightning Returns...
Well duh, you need to play two whole games before playing LR.

Not really, BD actually had quality to it, even if was a pretty typical JRPG. LR and it's prequels are trash-tier gaming.
That was a pretty dumb thing that you just said. Like, really dumb.

Celestial Phoenix wrote:
Taiyz wrote:

Prinny wrote:
Bravely Default sold better then Lightning Returns...
Well duh, you need to play two whole games before playing LR.

Not really, BD actually had quality to it, even if was a pretty typical JRPG. LR and it's prequels are trash-tier gaming.

Psypher wrote:
I keep hearing Capcom is going to reveal a new RE, I just hope that this is only a false rumor.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/10383682_646086788801239_5858001621063867653_n.png

"Enhanced Veronica" Lol that name though

If that name is any hint or indication, probably a REmake of Code: Veronica? I hope not, I don't want to see Steve again.

Let's face it, when Capcom abandoned ship on the RE franchise after RE6 and how poorly it sold, I don't think they're motivated anymore to make new ones and I don't blame them since quality creativity is dead in existing franchises.
That's gotta be fake. There are so many "RE7 @ E3" rumours that I'm not gonna believe a damn thing until we see a damn thing. That logo just looks half-assed, too.

I don't think you're really considering how much time went into RE5 and RE6. If RE7 is revealed at E3 this year or next, I think it's a rather normal amount of time.

And actually, RE6 was plenty creative. It was clumsy and the gameplay needed a lot more fine tuning, but it had some really great ideas for third-person gunplay and from a narrative point, RE6 had fantastic cutscenes and the story was actually pretty good. The thing is that RE fans don't want creativity, they want zombies and Umbrella, and Wesker, and cranks, and fixed camera angles, and shitty controls, forever.
RE:6 would've been awesome if it just kept to Leon the whole game. His campaign felt and played like a modern RE game should.
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 2 07v2DaMTue Jun 03, 2014 11:59 pm

You guys are forgetting that XV is being developed by a completly different team. It's not Ito, even less Sakaguchi so it's obvious it won't be nostalgic.

I feel like you guys are hating on XIII waaaaay too much, just because the game focused heavily on the gameplay mechanics(tri-Ace is behind it) doesn't automatically make it a bad game. Might be a bad Final Fantasy but far form being a bad game.

Also what are the FF roots anyways?
Back to top Go down
Celestial Phoenix

Celestial Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 2 07v2DaMWed Jun 04, 2014 12:27 am

It's really me that's hating on XIII, and no one else. I wouldn't really call it a satisfactory battle system either but I agree, it's just the characters/plot/general out-of-battle gameplay..and of course Toriyama that I hate.

A drinking bird can play through the game's battles...then again, that would apply to most JRPGs if you simply mash a single command to grind.
Back to top Go down
warriorangel01

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 2 07v2DaMWed Jun 04, 2014 12:29 am

Roadie wrote:
I'm always hoping for more zelda information and maybe some new stuff about the pokemon rs remakes. I'm also curious about this asscreed: comet thing that ubisoft hinted at when they announced ac: unity so there's that too.
Zelda has a 70-80% chance (I'd say 99 but Nintendo is mad unpredictable yo) of being shown at Nintendo's conference, because they were almost going to show it last E3.
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 2 07v2DaMWed Jun 04, 2014 12:33 am

Zelda reveal should be amazing.  I'm not a stickler for art styles so that won't be a problem in any event, but hopefully the gamepad means no accidental inference on stage!  Laughing 

All in good fun, I made the thing. I just now realized the Wi-Fi Connection Logo should not be there, fixing my template right now.

Our yearly E3 thread - Page 2 Final_11
Back to top Go down
Celestial Phoenix

Celestial Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 2 07v2DaMWed Jun 04, 2014 12:42 am

Hate to say it but, even Zelda is becoming a tired-franchise. I hate to sound like those Armageddon preachers, "DOOOOOM" but in case you haven't noticed, our oldest franchises are failing to meet are ever-increasing expectations.

Skyward Sword didn't have a lot going for it on it being memorable, other than Groose - that's it really. Dungeons were well-designed but nothing that traumatizes you, makes you rage the most at it's clever puzzles/fights, nothing that reminds you of the classic OoT Water Temple with it's complexity.

And there is the slight lack of adventuring, SS felt linear if it isn't. NPCs are pretty forgettable too. I guess Nintendo missed it's mark with it's trademark innovation when it came to that game.

What can we expect from a Wii U Zelda that will make it worth the hype? Was it too much hype that SS felt like today's "Watch_Dogs"?
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 2 07v2DaMWed Jun 04, 2014 12:59 am

Celestial Phoenix wrote:
Hate to say it but, even Zelda is becoming a tired-franchise. I hate to sound like those Armageddon preachers, "DOOOOOM" but in case you haven't noticed, our oldest franchises are failing to meet are ever-increasing expectations.

Skyward Sword was also in development hell in a way I don't think a console Zelda has ever been, and went about trying to rectify long-standing problems in the 3D Zelda formula in either half-hearted (Customization system would be amazing if items were not on single, linear upgrade paths) or minimalistic ("Too much overworld? Axe the whole darn thing!") ways. Maybe I'm too lenient, but like Other M I'd like to chalk up Skyward as another $50 experiment that Nintendo could improve on until they prove me wrong.

Still a fan of using Zelda as the middleman between Elder Scrolls and Dark Souls, giving us a bigger Hyrule with broader side content and the survivalist twist of Zelda 1, with the 3D Zelda touch being that the story is still in your face and easy to follow if you don't want any of that. Not that I don't take a surreal enjoyment from seeing Ocarina of Time reinterpreted at higher and higher resolutions and different color palettes the same way I do Pokemon Red/Green/Blue's invisible hand.
Back to top Go down
Celestial Phoenix

Celestial Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 2 07v2DaMWed Jun 04, 2014 1:05 am

You believe SS was an experiment? Hm! I actually haven't thought of Nintendo doing that. As common as a practice is for companies to let consumers "test" experimental products, it is a pretty douch-ey move if they are full-fledged products with a full price tag, especially from "family friendly" Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 2 07v2DaMWed Jun 04, 2014 1:35 am

Divinus Fulmen wrote:
RE:6 would've been awesome if it just kept to Leon the whole game. His campaign felt and played like a modern RE game should.
I kind of agree, I see RE6 as a perfect sequel to RE2 and RE4 with some extra fat.

Sherry and Jake's campaign is definitely fanservice. Jake's got the whole Wesker connection going, and Sherry's just awesome in general. They used her as part of this whole "Raccoon City reunion" idea, which still seems odd to me because Wesker didn't really have a presence in Raccoon City itself, and neither did Chris; Jill, Claire or Carlos would have made more sense. The concept of a cure, or the ability to strengthen the C-Virus was ultimately fluff, the core of the story involved Simmons and Carla vs. Leon, Helena and Ada.

Chris' campaign was obviously a new take on the RE5 media that suggested that Chris got PTSD from Kijuju (live action non-canonical stuff) by actually giving him PTSD...I felt that it was very out of character for him, and for the RE universe in general, especially considering the that events before RE5 should've been just as traumatic but he was fine in that game. I just feel that showing him enraged and at a low point didn't really build his character at all, Chris at the end of RE6 was just the old Chris with renewed vigor...Which he wouldn't have lost in the first place had they not gone down this PTSD path.

I still like the other campaigns. Sherry and Jake's has the most variety, and Chris' features some good gunplay in the first few chapters, but they are ultimately side stories. I guess one thing I do like is that it lets you see what other heroes are doing during a global crisis, something that few games really do. In games like these your only perspective is who you play as, so getting a scattershot of perspectives does lend something unique to the presentation. If they had done that rumoured Claire DLC and she was fighting her own battle during the C-virus outbreak, maybe supporting relief efforts by kicking ass and saving civilians considering that she's an activist these days, it would've been nifty.

Celestial Phoenix wrote:
A drinking bird can play through the game's battles...then again, that would apply to most JRPGs if you simply mash a single command to grind.
Yeah, you weren't playing FFXIII right. Toggle the default battle command in the options and stick to the menus, learn how to cancel your ATB and suddenly the game almost becomes an action-RPG (this worked a lot better in the first game than the second because the Attack combos were not random.)

Autobattle is basically useless because it doesn't have spacial awareness and gives you blitz options in stupid situations, and it just randomizes the spells it gives you when each spell has different travel speeds and you can often speed things up immensely with Thunder, in addition to the order of commands being completely random, often forcing you to start animations from scratch instead of flowing into one another. It makes everything take a lot longer and only exists for people too lazy to actually learn the battle system because it is surprisingly deep.
Back to top Go down
Celestial Phoenix

Celestial Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 2 07v2DaMWed Jun 04, 2014 1:52 am

My mistake, but while I only played a partial bit of FFXIII and watched video walkthroughs for the rest of it, there is this which I believe is XIII-2; grinding with a Drinking Bird.

SO IMMERSIVE!
Back to top Go down
Twinrehz

Twinrehz

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 2 07v2DaMWed Jun 04, 2014 9:50 am

Arn wrote:
I may not be the right person to answer, since I've actually never played an FF-game (apart from tactics: advance), but I would think that it's got to do with the storytelling and turn-based combat. I've seen a little bit of FF13, and on the surface, it seems impossible to relate to the characters.

I would like to play some of the FF-games once, though. I've been told that games 6-9 are excellent.
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 2 07v2DaMWed Jun 04, 2014 10:02 am

I suggest you to play V~X-2 in no particular order.
Back to top Go down
Twinrehz

Twinrehz

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 2 07v2DaMWed Jun 04, 2014 10:05 am

I'll take that into consideration. Although my backlog is enormous, and I have problems deciding what to play most of the time.
Back to top Go down
warriorangel01

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 2 07v2DaMWed Jun 04, 2014 10:54 am

By the way, X is most likely going to be shown in Nintendo's conference. Soraya Saga (wife of Tetsuya Takahashi, who's in charge of it) retweeted Nintendo's E3 announcement thing, and she only ever does that when X footage is shown.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 2 07v2DaMWed Jun 04, 2014 11:08 am

Celestial Phoenix wrote:
My mistake, but while I only played a partial bit of FFXIII and watched video walkthroughs for the rest of it, there is this which I believe is XIII-2; grinding with a Drinking Bird.
Like you said, that could really be done in most JRPGs, especially if it's grinding and not actually progressing in the game. Persona 3 would be the best comparison because your other party members are AI-controlled in the FFXIII games. You'd really just be pressing the button to navigate through the end of battle menu, everybody else could do all the work.
Back to top Go down
Celestial Phoenix

Celestial Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 2 07v2DaMWed Jun 04, 2014 5:47 pm

Twinrehz wrote:
Arn wrote:
I may not be the right person to answer, since I've actually never played an FF-game (apart from tactics: advance), but I would think that it's got to do with the storytelling and turn-based combat. I've seen a little bit of FF13, and on the surface, it seems impossible to relate to the characters.

I would like to play some of the FF-games once, though. I've been told that games 6-9 are excellent.

I agree with what your peers suggest and the characters in XIII are mostly Japanese stereotypes, they will likely make you cringe when you see their overdone "personalities" so don't feel confused on not being able to relate to them. I do suggest avoiding XIII and it's sequels altogether if you're not a fan of exhausted plot/scenario creativity when they have to resort to a stereotypical cast you see in shonen anime/manga.

What defines the game franchises' roots is a slippery slope: what was those wetting themselves in nostalgia is that Final Fantasy was the "first" JRPG despite in truth, it was Dragon Quest/The Legend of Zelda, turn-based combat is also a thing and what was brought with it was an engaging story and interesting cast of characters. You'll hear a lot of mixed opinions on which FF they consider the best(don't be surprised by FF6/7/8 as those games helped FF become a multinational franchise with their popularity and favor).

It ultimately depends on your preferences in an RPG altogether. For instance I would prefer FF6 for the story, FF7 for it's lore and how it influences the protagonist/antagonist, but then again, it is all subjective and it's not harmful to explore the games of relevant interest, so go web-surfing.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 2 07v2DaMWed Jun 04, 2014 6:52 pm

I suggest playing FFXIII and it's sequels if you like good gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Celestial Phoenix

Celestial Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 2 07v2DaMWed Jun 04, 2014 7:51 pm

I love good gameplay and I prefer X-2's battle system.
Back to top Go down
Roadie

Roadie

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 2 07v2DaMThu Jun 05, 2014 12:31 am

warriorangel01 wrote:
By the way, X is most likely going to be shown in Nintendo's conference. Soraya Saga (wife of Tetsuya Takahashi, who's in charge of it) retweeted Nintendo's E3 announcement thing, and she only ever does that when X footage is shown.

I almost forgot about that one! That's another title I'm pretty interested in hearing more about. I haven't quite finished xenoblade yet but it's a great game.
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 2 07v2DaMFri Jun 06, 2014 2:27 am

Celestial Phoenix wrote:
You believe SS was an experiment? Hm! I actually haven't thought of Nintendo doing that. As common as a practice is for companies to let consumers "test" experimental products, it is a pretty douch-ey move if they are full-fledged products with a full price tag, especially from "family friendly" Nintendo.

Funny thing is, Zelda's far from my favorite Nintendo series, probably not even in my top five. Something I often buy after Nintendo's sold me on the machine in some other way. It's just that of the series Nintendo's still using, it's probably the only one that has anywhere left to grow; Mario's spent the last seven years scoping out the limits of his design, previous comment on Other M, Pokemon's peaked and really has nothing but power creep to look forward to, and most others aren't going to do anything to change made up minds.

Also X. I was one of the lucky souls to get a "...this is why I'm still playing video games. Dear Lord I thought I'd grown out of these feels." experience from Xenoblade, and while X seems set to turn it into a repeated formula, well, Nintendo knows better than anyone that deriving does not kill games.
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 2 07v2DaMSat Jun 07, 2014 9:02 am

No FFXV and KHIII. Not surprised though.
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 2 07v2DaMSat Jun 07, 2014 10:27 am

(In my own corner, alone, laughing manically)

Corpse Party games, yah!
Back to top Go down
warriorangel01

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 2 07v2DaMSat Jun 07, 2014 1:22 pm

Hatoful Boyfriend is getting a remake in 60 flaps per second and at 1080 pigeons

http://www.devolverdigital.com/blog/view/mediatonic-and-devolver-digital-remake-hatoful

It's going to be at E3.
Back to top Go down
Txn
You > Evil
Txn

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Jun 09, 2014 12:48 am

Seeing that the E3 starts tomorrow, does anyone have a link to some Bingo cards? They add some enjoyment to the hype and unintended hilarity this show provokes.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Jun 09, 2014 12:57 am

The ones I've seen so far haven't been designed well. Guaranteed bingos everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 2 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Our yearly E3 thread
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next