Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Our yearly E3 thread

Go down 
+16
Falcom
Tenshigami
Samaël
Harbinger
Divinus Fulmen
Roadie
BlazingFiddlesticks
Twinrehz
Psypher
Prinny
Taiyz
Celestial Phoenix
Txn
warriorangel01
Bo Staff Katana
Arn
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

Our yearly E3 thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 6 07v2DaMWed Jun 11, 2014 8:03 pm

To challenge your comparison, MadCatz makes a better 360 controller than Microsoft does, I cannot say they have no merit after that.

Really, the Wired Fight Pads only win the value contest if you're using them primarily on Gamecube port-less Wiis; there aren't enough Classic Controller Pro compatible games on the Wii U for it to really matter; meanwhile actual new Gamecube controllers can be used with... actual Gamecube games. This is not "supposed" to matter because apparently these things only exist for Smash Brothers, but a lot of us know better than that.
Back to top Go down
Abicion
(。◕ ‿ ◕。✿)
Abicion

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 6 07v2DaMWed Jun 11, 2014 9:00 pm

Prinny wrote:
Bravely Default sold better then Lightning Returns, get the game out here.

Why was LR even made?

aside from the author being too infatuated with his own character, I mean.
Back to top Go down
http://abicion.tumblr.com/
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 6 07v2DaMWed Jun 11, 2014 9:55 pm

Because FFXIII-2 had a pretty obvious cliffhanger ending?

BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:
To challenge your comparison, MadCatz makes a better 360 controller than Microsoft does, I cannot say they have no merit after that.
What are you talking about?
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 6 07v2DaMWed Jun 11, 2014 11:10 pm

Taiyz wrote:

What are you talking about?

I probably should have quoted. The way you phrased it, Mad Catzy = Bad; I came to their defense with the aforementioned 360 controller.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 6 07v2DaMWed Jun 11, 2014 11:16 pm

My point is that I doubt they could possibly make a controller better than the official one.
Back to top Go down
Abicion
(。◕ ‿ ◕。✿)
Abicion

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 6 07v2DaMThu Jun 12, 2014 1:11 am

Taiyz wrote:
Because FFXIII-2 had a pretty obvious cliffhanger ending?
But they only did that because they obviously wanted to shoehorn another game in.

re: why does LR exist
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 6 07v2DaMThu Jun 12, 2014 1:20 am

Because games are meant to be played and it has a good battle system and you should play video games because they're fun.
Back to top Go down
Abicion
(。◕ ‿ ◕。✿)
Abicion

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 6 07v2DaMThu Jun 12, 2014 1:39 am

So according to you Metrod: Other M is automatically good simply for the reason of being a video game.

edit: Same thing with Sonic 2006.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 6 07v2DaMThu Jun 12, 2014 3:01 am

Nah, I was just being inane in response to how stupid a question that was. I gave you a super literal answer, and then I gave you a bullshit one. Why does any Final Fantasy exist?

What's great about having a storyline like Metroid's, is that you can retcon the shit out of it. Get rid of Other M, and maybe Fusion because Adam ultimately caused Other M. I don't think any of the games released after Fusion have actually referenced its plot points, and none of the games other than Fusion allude to things embellished upon in Other M.

With Final Fantasy, everything is delightfully self-contained. Even games like Type-0 and FFXV which take place in the same universe probably aren't influenced by XIII's events, if you don't like FFXIII, you don't have to worry about it coming back to haunt you, so retconning is unnecessary. I mean if they decided retcon the games after FFXIII, then that would mean that they'd be making another game Lightning game to replace them, and you don't want that, riiiiight?

So, I guess my final answer for you is that, Lightning Returns exists so that they can stop making FFXIII games, and I think that's an answer that you'll enjoy.

Also because it's basically Onechanbara the RPG, and that's awesome. Oh I guess I spoiled your mood.
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 6 07v2DaMThu Jun 12, 2014 3:23 am

I forgot about this game, Lords of the Fallen. Its a Polish Dark Souls!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1-KMAFCdyU

Back to top Go down
Twinrehz

Twinrehz

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 6 07v2DaMThu Jun 12, 2014 4:37 am

Really, the Wired Fight Pads only win the value contest if you're using them primarily on Gamecube port-less Wiis; there aren't enough Classic Controller Pro compatible games on the Wii U for it to really matter; meanwhile actual new Gamecube controllers can be used with... actual Gamecube games. This is not "supposed" to matter because apparently these things only exist for Smash Brothers, but a lot of us know better than that.

Wiis without gamecube ports don't support gamecube games anyway. Are you perhaps talking about the ones that can be bought on the Nintendo Store?

Can they save data to the Wii instead of gamecube memory cards? Because in that case I might finally have found a reason to get a Wii.
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 6 07v2DaMThu Jun 12, 2014 5:21 pm

Wiis without Gamecube ports do not have the hardware to run Gamecube games.
Back to top Go down
Twinrehz

Twinrehz

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 6 07v2DaMThu Jun 12, 2014 5:26 pm

But aren't some gamecube games available for download from Nintendo store?
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 6 07v2DaMThu Jun 12, 2014 7:30 pm

No? Gamecube games have never been available for download. Not even Wii games are available digitally, despite the Wii U having the hardware for them.

Anyway, more important stuff:
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/12/bayonettas-nintendo-themed-costumes-are-incredibly-detailed/ I saw this coming considering the door unlocking sound effect and Bayonetta interacting with the visor in a cutscene, but I did not expect the Link cleavage being a Nintendo decision. You know, that simple gesture has actually convinced me that, while they're still fuddy-duddies, twiddling their thumbs when it comes to online gaming, Nintendo really do have good intentions this gen and have come a long way.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/12/hyrule-warriors-lets-summon-moon-majoras-mask/ so yeah, this basically confirms that it's a goofy crossover game. The fairies shown in one of the trailers were definitely in the style of OoT (though didn't Majora's Mask also have a great fairy? I forget, didn't one save you from the Deku mask?)

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/12/metal-gear-solid-v-horses-poop-real-time/ I'm more interested in the realtime weather because I love the rain, but the article title kind of says enough.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/12/want-play-female-character-legend-zelda-let-nintendo-know/ Aonuma is bullshitting again, but I called it, new "Link" is confirmed for trap. Best Zelda.

BTW you guys should be leaving your 3DS' in sleep mode this week. Sakurai and Aonuma Special Miis were available over the last two days, and one of the devs from Splatoon is available today. Edit: Itagaki arrived today as well.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 6 07v2DaMSat Jun 14, 2014 12:39 am

Kind of minor. A bit different from early reports, Bayonetta 1 is digital-only but the download code is included with both retail and eShop copies of Bayonetta 2.
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 6 07v2DaMSat Jun 14, 2014 1:11 am

I was hoping it would be on the disc. Sad
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 6 07v2DaMSat Jun 14, 2014 5:38 am

Joke's on people who bought an 8 gig Wii U.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 6 07v2DaMSat Jun 14, 2014 10:26 am

Taiyz wrote:
Joke's on people who bought an 8 gig Wii U.
Or have DSL like me because of the shitty landscape of USA internet. (Also other reasons beyond that but people are probably tired of hearing me bitch about shit in PNF as it is and I don't need to bring that here. I'll just say I wouldn't have DSL if I could avoid it.)

There are reasons I hate digital-only releases for games that were intended for retail, and being able to own a physical disc isn't the only one. Let me know when I can download a game faster than it'd take to just go to the store and buy it, please.

As an example, I remember downloading Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty was bad enough. That game was MEANT for digital-only release (it's only like 3 hours of gameplay) and it took me longer to DOWNLOAD IT than PLAY THROUGH IT. Now game companies want me to download entire games originally meant for retail? Not if I can avoid it, thanks.
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 6 07v2DaMSat Jun 14, 2014 11:52 am

Yeah, it's honkey. We cannot even be sure if Bayonetta 2's a double digit gigabyte game- there's NO reason not to just press it to the disc.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 6 07v2DaMSat Jun 14, 2014 3:43 pm

Well yeah, it should be on the retail disc.

I don't really care about download times, I'd only care if I had a data cap.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 6 07v2DaMSun Jun 15, 2014 3:34 pm

Taiyz wrote:
though didn't Majora's Mask also have a great fairy? I forget, didn't one save you from the Deku mask?
It definitely has a great fairy (you need to collect smaller ones to form it) but I can't recall what she does.
Back to top Go down
Divinus Fulmen

Divinus Fulmen

Location : noun. a place of settlement, activity, or residence.

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 6 07v2DaMMon Jun 16, 2014 12:15 am

Slivendiferious wrote:
Taiyz wrote:
though didn't Majora's Mask also have a great fairy? I forget, didn't one save you from the Deku mask?
It definitely has a great fairy (you need to collect smaller ones to form it) but I can't recall what she does.
Unlocks the 2nd level of the spin attack and gives you the Great Fairy sword.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 6 07v2DaMMon Jun 16, 2014 9:36 am

I kinda figured it was actually because they couldn't fit both on the same disc:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/16/bayonetta-2-includes-bayonetta-game-disc-japan/

Ok now we're just getting stupid. Suppose I can't really complain considering Japan doesn't really have standardized game prices so it will probably cost consumers a lot more than if Bayonetta 1 were digital. whereas if they put Bayonetta 1 on a disc here they'd have to keep the price at $60 or nobody would buy it.

It's going to be really silly having the game in my hands and having to wait for a download because I never played Bayonetta 1 though. I'll likely wind up getting the game after work one day, entering in the download code, and then playing Bayonetta 1 the day AFTER I buy the game because the download will take all evening.

[/first world problems]
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 6 07v2DaMMon Jun 16, 2014 10:12 pm

The Wii-U uses a proprietary version of Blu-Ray, holding up to 25gb of data. Both games will fit on one disc just fine.
Back to top Go down
PanbanRichard

PanbanRichard

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 6 07v2DaMTue Jun 17, 2014 11:48 pm

I don't mind Bayonetta being digital download only. Heck, it gives my Wii U Deluxe more reason to use the empty 32 GB of space it has. Hopefully it won't be too big though. My download for Wind Waker for the MK8 promotion also took about an hour at most (and that was on Day 1 for MK8), so download time is also a non-concern for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 6 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Our yearly E3 thread
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6