Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Our yearly E3 thread

Go down 
+16
Falcom
Tenshigami
Samaël
Harbinger
Divinus Fulmen
Roadie
BlazingFiddlesticks
Twinrehz
Psypher
Prinny
Taiyz
Celestial Phoenix
Txn
warriorangel01
Bo Staff Katana
Arn
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

Our yearly E3 thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 5 07v2DaMTue Jun 10, 2014 5:24 pm

Prinny wrote:
I don't understand how you can be so interested in a console when you never had a PS3 and have no idea what is was like for the system.
Why does this matter? The PS4 has all the functionality that originally made me like the 360. I never got a PS3 because Sony was consistently behind in certain ways, such as lacking cross-game chat, let alone party chats, and let's not even talk about the Cell processor and how shitty some PS3 ports were. They've fixed all of that, the PS4 is consistently more powerful than the Xbox One, and the Xbox One has little OS functionality over the PS4 apart from Kinect and Snapping, in fact there are things about the Xbox One's OS that I just don't like.

There's a LOT of reasons that influence my choice in hardware this gen. Just as many as last gen, when the PS3 was dragging its ass on the carpet for a good 3 years at least. Your statement makes absolutely no sense, too, why would I stay loyal to a console company apart from archiving my gamerscore, or for exclusive games?

The 360 had a major lead in terms of quality gaming, early on. XBLA was mind-blowing and delivered quality (or at least unique) content for half of the console's life span, until indie gaming ruined that and everything became artsy fartsy or 16-bit throwback pixelated roguelike ultrahard platform fests.

The 360 also had an early commitment to Japanese RPGs, when I was still hooked on 'em, and was home to many obscure Japanese games due to cheap development costs: OneChanbara, Earth Defense Force, tons of shoot-'em-ups. Those games have begun being ported over to the PS3 in the last two-three years, and I betcha that once these start hitting the new consoles, the Xbox One's gonna be left in the dust (although 5pb.'s recent move to put some VNs on Xbox One is worrying.) Arc System Works, a big fucking deal, has basically ditched the 360 with their latest BlazBlue, and their first next-gen fighter is Sony-only. I can almost guarantee that Persona 4 Arena: Ultimax is on the 360 just because Atlus insisted on it (either due to prior sales or because Catherine was on the 360 too, but Persona 5 is PS3-only so far so who knows.)

Now, quite frankly, I'm more interested in multiplatform gaming. The 360 broadened my horizons, introduced me to shooters and sandbox games. Ones that will perform and look better on the PS4. Do I give a shit about Halo? They're fun, but I can easily live without them. Crackdown? A little, but it isn't even made by the original devs so who knows what it'll be like. Games like Titanfall, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Dead Rising 3...Ported to the PC.

The licenses that Microsoft OWNS, I have little interest in. I'm actually a casual fan of some of Sony's properties like Uncharted (and man, I really want LBP3.) The exclusives they have that appeal to me are from third parties or are getting PC ports, the same doesn't apply to Sony.

Prinny wrote:
Do you just buy whatever is the most popular system at the time?
Not only is this an insulting accusation, but it's wrong. I was a Sega kid, then I got an N64 and Gamecube before a PS1 and PS2 respectively. The N64 is still my favourite retro console. I also think the Vita has massive potential, even though it's the whipping boy of the industry right now and quite frankly will probably never make use of it. I wanted one for a while too, but the price made it hard to justify until the big drop and sales that took place around the same time.

Also I owned a Virtual Boy. It was actually pretty good.

I didn't even buy the fucking Xbox, I got it for free with a laptop that I wanted to college, and Eternal Sonata was coming out that year so hey! I spent the rest of the year playing demos (Crackdown mostly) and the CoD4 beta, which started my interests in sandbox games and shooters. It just worked out as a very happy accident.

Prinny wrote:
The Last Guardian is currently in Limbo, and that's the only major Japanese exclusive they have right now.
Deep Down, Guilty Gear Xrd, Bloodborne, to name a few. I don't give a shit about The Last Guardian, personally. I liked Shadow of the Colossus a lot but I'm not gonna rave about that series.

Prinny wrote:
Sony relied massively on their Western teams for the PS3's success. Sony is specifically focusing on western audiences for the PS4, and it really shows. The only notable Japanese exclusive they have is Bloodborne, and that game is far more Western then Japanese.
I'm not talking about success, I'm talking about shit that I want to play. Look at NISA's entire library for example, none of those devs are going to the Xbox One, games by GUST, stuff like Akiba's Trip...Sony. It doesn't really matter what audience they're developing for as long as they release good games, and like I keep saying, the franchises that matter to me are on that platform.

I mean f***, if you want Halo, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Crackdown, Forza, D4, Scalebound or whatever, that's fine by me. It's just that Japanese companies have been pulling away from the 360 for years now, and One support from more famous Japanese devs like D4 and Scalebound could stop just as early as last gen.

Prinny wrote:
Uh, MS has 20 studios that make exclusives for them, and Sony has 13.
I was talking more about ones constantly churning out specific franchises like Halo, Fable, Forza and Rare's shitty Kinect games. I feel like Microsoft has fewer "consistent" devs than Sony.

Prinny wrote:
You are oversimplifying what happened when Rare was bought by MS. It is a complicated issue. The big problem was the Stamper Brothers did not want to make games anymore (look it up, they haven't made any since they left). After Conker and Starfox Adventures bombed, Nintendo's shareholders panicked because Rare was losing them money. At that point the Stampers were looking for buyers, and MS offered them the best deal. The shareholders sold their shares to MS, and Nintendo could do nothing.

Before Conker and Starfox Adventures, Nintendo had a decent amount of input over how Rare made their games. Rare's compound separated the development teams from each other, so without Nintendo's input, the lack of direction and communication started to effect their games. MS foolishly let Rare keep doing this when they bought them, so when they tried to control them, it was too little, too late. MS started to control them too much, and what little talent Rare had left by that point left the company.
I suppose my point is that, it would've been nice to see them keep trying with games like Kameo, Viva Pinata, Perfect Dark Zero and Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, than just let 4J Studios do remakes and while Rare resorts to making Avatars and Kinect games. Even though the games I mentioned weren't all good, they were still something different than your average Microsoft game, compared to Sony which still has stuff like LBP and Ratchet and Clank.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 5 07v2DaMTue Jun 10, 2014 7:15 pm

Oh man, Mario Maker features flies from Mario Paint that randomly fly on-screen during editing, and you can swat them with the stylus.

Our yearly E3 thread - Page 5 Starfox-miyamoto

Knew it! Hahaha!

https://i.imgur.com/6Al6ESW.jpg

I seriously can't get enough of this new Link. It would be great if the new Zelda actually had a name so fanart wouldn't be so hard to come across.
Back to top Go down
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
Bo Staff Katana

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 5 07v2DaMTue Jun 10, 2014 7:20 pm

I have a question about the Playstation TV since I missed the boat yesterday. It appears that the PSTV allows you to play Vita games on a TV, without owning a Vita. Is this only going to be available for the PS4 or will it also be available for the PS3?
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 5 07v2DaMTue Jun 10, 2014 7:49 pm

It has nothing to do with either. PS Vita TV is not like the Gameboy Player or the Super Gameboy, it is a standalone console version of the PS Vita.

For whatever reason Sony is not really advertising the fact that it is the Vita-turned-console, they even took the word Vita out of its name for western release. They're focusing more on the remote play functionality, which is just a Vita app that was released toward the beginning of this year. They also mentioned PSP and PS1 playback, but make no mistake, this is a PS Vita.

That said, it's gonna be pretty cool when I finally have an HD TV of my own. I'll be able to have the PS4 in this room and the PSTV hooked up in the living room. I realized last night that, even though it'll be a while before I can get an HD TV (and the PS4 will be stuck downstairs for that time) I can use my PS Vita in here with remote play.

Oh, and here are the currently-revealed Amiibos.
Our yearly E3 thread - Page 5 MYq2BVt

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/10/e3-2014-gamecube-adapter-controller-and-smash-bundle-pricing-revealed I guess I appreciate the fact that Gamecube controllers are still being manufactured (I'd hate to buy a used one if one of my controllers ever break.)
Back to top Go down
TimeFactor

TimeFactor

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 5 07v2DaMTue Jun 10, 2014 8:25 pm

Oh hey, Professor Layton X Phoenix Wright's getting localized. How did that game turn out? Also, did they change Phoenix's voice? I haven't played either of these franchises in a while, but I thought he was voiced by Sam Riegel now?
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 5 07v2DaMTue Jun 10, 2014 8:37 pm

Yeah, I brought that up...Somewhere in all this chaos. He definitely has a new voice, despite being voiced by Sam Riegel in MvC3 and AA5.

There was another game I noticed during E3 that swapped out a voice actor but I can't remember what it was. =/
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 5 07v2DaMTue Jun 10, 2014 8:55 pm

Bayonetta 1 is only on the Bayonetta 2 physical disc. Not included if you purchase over eShop. Which makes sense. That'd be one mother of a download otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 5 07v2DaMTue Jun 10, 2014 9:14 pm

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/jun/10/cassie-cage-and-kotal-kahn-revealed-mortal-kombat-x-former-character-daughter-johnny-cage-and-sonya/ really Sonya?

Being able to choose different ability sets for the characters is interesting, actually.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/jun/10/targeting-single-player-repeated-self-destructs-can-get-you-banned-new-super-smash-bros-nintendo-releasing-gamecube-controller/ this sounds a little overkill. Also one of the commenters stated that apparently Peach's projectiles don't have randomization anymore, which is really lame.
Back to top Go down
Abicion
(。◕ ‿ ◕。✿)
Abicion

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 5 07v2DaMTue Jun 10, 2014 11:20 pm

The deep and intricate canon of Mortal Kombat.
Back to top Go down
http://abicion.tumblr.com/
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 5 07v2DaMTue Jun 10, 2014 11:52 pm

Yeah I don't give a shit, but seriously Johnny Cage is pretty gross. His last name isn't even spelled with a K!

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/10/pac-man-joins-super-smash-bros/ yup.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/10/may-link-legend-zelda-wii-u-trailer/ oh f*** off.
Back to top Go down
Samaël
Kamen Rider
Samaël

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 5 07v2DaMWed Jun 11, 2014 12:00 am

I hope that's actually Zelda
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 5 07v2DaMWed Jun 11, 2014 12:09 am

Whoever it is had better be the playable character.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 5 07v2DaMWed Jun 11, 2014 12:26 am

He's <Insert Player Name Here>, of course.
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 5 07v2DaMWed Jun 11, 2014 12:40 am

Taiyz wrote:
Told ya.

Taiyz wrote:
Whoever it is had better be the playable character.
This! Green hooded blonde dude is OLD.
Back to top Go down
Divinus Fulmen

Divinus Fulmen

Location : noun. a place of settlement, activity, or residence.

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 5 07v2DaMWed Jun 11, 2014 1:02 am

Taiyz wrote:
Yeah I don't give a shit, but seriously Johnny Cage is pretty gross. His last name isn't even spelled with a K!

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/10/may-link-legend-zelda-wii-u-trailer/ oh f*** off.
Oh come on. It's Link wearing the land version of

Our yearly E3 thread - Page 5 Link_Second_Quest_(The_Wind_Waker)

Ebi...

Anyway, I wouldn't mind if it's not Link. Could be interesting and great either way.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 5 07v2DaMWed Jun 11, 2014 1:37 am

Tenshigami wrote:
He's <Insert Player Name Here>, of course.
Oh right, he's My dick!
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 5 07v2DaMWed Jun 11, 2014 1:47 am

Taiyz wrote:

There's a LOT of reasons that influence my choice in hardware this gen. Just as many as last gen, when the PS3 was dragging its ass on the carpet for a good 3 years at least. Your statement makes absolutely no sense, too, why would I stay loyal to a console company apart from archiving my gamerscore, or for exclusive games?
I didn't like the PS3 nearly as much as the PS2, so that really influenced my interest in the PS4. I wasn't a big fan of Sony's first and second party titles on the PS2 (besides Ratchet & Clank), and that only got worse on the PS3. 3rd-party exclusives have become virtually extinct.

Quote :
The 360 had a major lead in terms of quality gaming, early on. XBLA was mind-blowing and delivered quality (or at least unique) content for half of the console's life span, until indie gaming ruined that and everything became artsy fartsy or 16-bit throwback pixelated roguelike ultrahard platform fests.
I can't disagree with that. I haven't been interested in smaller games like XBLA had in years.

Quote :
The 360 also had an early commitment to Japanese RPGs, when I was still hooked on 'em, and was home to many obscure Japanese games due to cheap development costs: OneChanbara, Earth Defense Force, tons of shoot-'em-ups. Those games have begun being ported over to the PS3 in the last two-three years, and I betcha that once these start hitting the new consoles, the Xbox One's gonna be left in the dust (although 5pb.'s recent move to put some VNs on Xbox One is worrying.) Arc System Works, a big fucking deal, has basically ditched the 360 with their latest BlazBlue, and their first next-gen fighter is Sony-only. I can almost guarantee that Persona 4 Arena: Ultimax is on the 360 just because Atlus insisted on it (either due to prior sales or because Catherine was on the 360 too, but Persona 5 is PS3-only so far so who knows.)

The Japanese game market is now more interested in handhelds then anything, its going to take more then C-B Tier studios to draw them to it. The PS3 is still outselling the PS4 in Japan. Its going to take a big Japanese title to improve software sales out there, and its not going to be from Arc System Works or Atlus. I'm surprised Arc System Works is even releasing a PS4 title so soon, especially with the slow PS4 sales in Japan.

Quote :
The licenses that Microsoft OWNS, I have little interest in. I'm actually a casual fan of some of Sony's properties like Uncharted (and man, I really want LBP3.) The exclusives they have that appeal to me are from third parties or are getting PC ports, the same doesn't apply to Sony.

Sony has third party exclusives, too, what are you talking about? You still haven't played any PS3 games, but you're certain you're going to like their PS4 games whenever they come out. Its one thing to be interested in something and want to play it, but you act like you actually have. Also the new Guilty Gear is on the PS3 as well.

Quote :
Not only is this an insulting accusation, but it's wrong. I was a Sega kid, then I got an N64 and Gamecube before a PS1 and PS2 respectively. The N64 is still my favourite retro console. I also think the Vita has massive potential, even though it's the whipping boy of the industry right now and quite frankly will probably never make use of it. I wanted one for a while too, but the price made it hard to justify until the big drop and sales that took place around the same time.

Also I owned a Virtual Boy. It was actually pretty good.

I wasn't trying to insult you, that was just the impression I got from how you talked about the 360 and PS4.

Quote :
Deep Down, Guilty Gear Xrd, Bloodborne, to name a few. I don't give a shit about The Last Guardian, personally. I liked Shadow of the Colossus a lot but I'm not gonna rave about that series.
Deep Down is a F2P title.

Quote :
I'm not talking about success, I'm talking about shit that I want to play. Look at NISA's entire library for example, none of those devs are going to the Xbox One, games by GUST, stuff like Akiba's Trip...Sony. It doesn't really matter what audience they're developing for as long as they release good games, and like I keep saying, the franchises that matter to me are on that platform.

Japanese developers make Japanese games for a Japanese audience, of course they won't make games on the Xbone, that's pretty obvious.

Again, the problem here is you have not played any of their PS3 games. You are basing your entire interest in a console based on companies you have supposed interest in, but haven't actually played any of their PS3 games. If you end liking their PS4 games, great, go back and play their old ones. I don't think small companies (comparatively speaking of course) like Gust and NISA are going to be making PS4 games for a while, though. I know for a fact Idea Factory is.

Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 5 07v2DaMWed Jun 11, 2014 2:55 am

My point about third parties was that I have little faith in those games actually retaining their exclusivity. The same could apply for the PS4 too, sure, but right now the PS4 exclusives as a whole interest me more.

I have played PS3-exclusives, just not at great length. I played a good chunk of the first Uncharted and I've watched LPs for the rest, for example. I also played a bunch of LBP (I keep meaning to buy the Vita one actually) and a bit of Infamous at a friend's house, but I was satisfied with Prototype and didn't care about Cole. Second Son appeals to me way more. Also I don't know why you're arguing this point, considering the games that I mentioned being interested in on the Xbox One are entirely new properties, so NOBODY has history with them, unless you count Crackdown which could be a reboot anyway.

Why the f*** would I want to play Xrd on the PS3? The PS4 version has crossplay and runs at 1080p.

There's nothing wrong with F2P. I'm enjoying Destiny of Spirits on Vita a lot right now.

I have no idea what the f*** you're talking about, it makes far more sense to get a PS4 first. I still plan on getting a PS3 eventually to play a lot of JRPGs and other games I missed out on (though practically half of them are getting Vita and PS4 ports) but I refuse to let this generation leave me in the dust. I see NO reason in buying any game when you know that a next-gen version exists and you plan on getting that platform.

I don't really plan on upgrading any of my existing games apart from Tomb Raider, because I loved it that much. I'm not gonna buy Injustice again, for example. Only exception would be Chrono Phantasma if it gets a PS4 port with crossplay.
Back to top Go down
Abicion
(。◕ ‿ ◕。✿)
Abicion

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 5 07v2DaMWed Jun 11, 2014 5:20 am

Taiyz wrote:

Maybe you should write your own fanfiction to address the problem, Taiyz.
Back to top Go down
http://abicion.tumblr.com/
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 5 07v2DaMWed Jun 11, 2014 10:49 am

Back to top Go down
Divinus Fulmen

Divinus Fulmen

Location : noun. a place of settlement, activity, or residence.

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 5 07v2DaMWed Jun 11, 2014 12:44 pm

Prinny wrote:
http://kotaku.com/the-new-wii-u-gamecube-controllers-are-super-hot-1588991448

I will definitely get the Mario one.
Is that a USB port they use to plug into the Wii U? If so, I might get one for PC.
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 5 07v2DaMWed Jun 11, 2014 1:37 pm

The half blue in the Mario one is awful. Sad
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 5 07v2DaMWed Jun 11, 2014 1:59 pm

Divinus Fulmen wrote:
Prinny wrote:

Is that a USB port they use to plug into the Wii U? If so, I might get one for PC.

No, it plugs into the Wiimote. This means its like the Classic Controllers.
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 5 07v2DaMWed Jun 11, 2014 4:40 pm

Prinny wrote:
Divinus Fulmen wrote:
Prinny wrote:

No, it plugs into the Wiimote. This means its like the Classic Controllers.

There are USB adapters for the Classic, though, which would probably work with these too.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 5 07v2DaMWed Jun 11, 2014 5:12 pm

I was gonna say, they look very MadCatz-y and not very appealing. The fact that they are also Wiimote tumors makes them even less appealing...

I'd say that getting the official controls is a better option.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our yearly E3 thread   Our yearly E3 thread - Page 5 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Our yearly E3 thread
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next