Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)

Go down 
+17
Txn
Tsuki
Meowzy
Yume Hanabi
Suikoden
King Cat the Sixth
Smuglord
Saeko
Taiyz
Slivendiferious
DylDawg
Samaƫl
Prinny
Abicion
TimeFactor
DreamSword
Falcom
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 10 07v2DaMSat Feb 14, 2015 5:14 pm

DreamSword wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sBNBbbeM84

They turned Beast into a Mystic Arte. That is all.
Well, in their defense, it's True Beast. Like Shin Shouryuuken. Guy probably used regular Beast 999 times and then some to unlock that Hi Ougi.

Zaveid's 2nd is really great, that "just kidding" (if I hear that right) is hilariously Hazama/Terumi-like. Moreover with the name Dead End Heaven, he'll fit just right in Guilty Gear universe. Well, Jade's still the best tho.

Sorose Dual Hi Ougi is pretty lacking, I expected the four Seraph to chime in (senmetsu no honoo etc etc) like Estelle's. In fact, screw Dual Hi Ougi, make that Hextuple/Sextuple Hi Ougi.

Really love what they've done with the Hi Ougis this time around (except Sorey's, too Asbel), so much throwback, like Reala's four element Hi Ougi. Shouha Rekkousen is also great this time around, with the finishing blow being multiple jabs instead of a pillar of light suddenly erupting out of nowhere. Primary Embrace had a nice naming sense too, being the antithesis of Embrace End (Final Embrace).

I'm still sticking with Savage Rose Fury instead of Myriad Sakura/Circular.
Back to top Go down
Venom
My Mule is Sexy
Venom

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 10 07v2DaMSun Feb 15, 2015 3:48 am

DreamSword wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sBNBbbeM84

They turned Beast into a Mystic Arte. That is all.
Jade be trollin.
And why couldn't Sophie's MA's look that badass in ToGF? -__-
And what is with Alisha having Leia's MA?
Back to top Go down
http://venom800tt.deviantart.com/
Meowzy

Meowzy

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 10 07v2DaMSun Feb 15, 2015 7:02 pm

Has anyone confirmed yet whether there really is a "no hat hairstyle" for Zaveid that can be unlocked? And if so, where the heck is it?

Also, is there any way to transfer Alisha's DLC costume into the main game? Or does it do that automatically? After I finished the DLC it didn't send me into a Grade Shop or anything, so I don't know if what that means in terms of getting the costume in the main game.

Finally figured out how to fight Aizen! This was something really stupid I did by accident: I had to spend the night/eat a dish (whatever you wanna call it) at an inn (I was at the one in Lady Lake) to trigger a skit where Sorey and Zaveid talk about Aizen. And then I can go up there and fight him.

And one more thing. It's never said what happened to Dezel's friend after he turned into a hyouma, right? Armatization and Zaveid's gun are some of the few things that could kill a hyouma, so the thing that was once Dezel's bff should still be out there, right? Because uh... After defeating a particular wyvern, you unlock the outfit that Dezel was wearing in the flashbacks and get a very suspicious cutscene where they seem to imply Zaveid knew the seraph that that wyvern used to be. ....So, yeah, maybe I'm reading too much into it, but two plus two sure seems to equal four.
Back to top Go down
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 10 07v2DaMTue Feb 17, 2015 10:51 am

I need to replay to know for sure.

For the Alisha DLC, if you made a save after it and use that save to NG+ I think you should be able to transfer the costume. I'm not sure though, still haven't started a new playthrough yet.
Back to top Go down
http://yume-x-hanabi.tumblr.com
Meowzy

Meowzy

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 10 07v2DaMTue Feb 17, 2015 12:10 pm

It didn't ask me to save, though. After I finished the Alisha DLC, I got some system message and was sent back to the game's title screen. I'm wondering if there's a difference between starting a normal new game for the Alisha DLC and using an Ex New Game for the DLC, because I did a normal new game and wasn't allowed to take anything from the main game.
Back to top Go down
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 10 07v2DaMTue Feb 17, 2015 12:23 pm

Aaah yeah, you probably have to use your Ex New Game save. When you finish the DLC with a Ex New Game, you're asked to save, and that save takes you back to the main game. I'll try checking if the costume carries over soon, but I still have a few things to do before starting my NG+.
Back to top Go down
Meowzy

Meowzy

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 10 07v2DaMTue Feb 17, 2015 2:38 pm

Hahahaaaa........ sob. That means I need to replay the DLC all over again once I've finally beaten the final boss. I tried to take him on yesterday, but I couldn't even get through the first stage on Easy. (Sorey and Zaveid are level 60, everyone else is a level or two below them.)
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 10 07v2DaMTue Feb 17, 2015 3:25 pm

Meowzy wrote:
Hahahaaaa........ sob. That means I need to replay the DLC all over again once I've finally beaten the final boss. I tried to take him on yesterday, but I couldn't even get through the first stage on Easy. (Sorey and Zaveid are level 60, everyone else is a level or two below them.)
Isn't level 60 pretty low for every main Tales of game?

I usually average 75~ ish at the time I take on the final boss.
Back to top Go down
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 10 07v2DaMTue Feb 17, 2015 3:28 pm

Start my NG+, and I confirm that her costume carries over Smile
Back to top Go down
Meowzy

Meowzy

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 10 07v2DaMTue Feb 17, 2015 4:58 pm

Slivendiferious wrote:
Meowzy wrote:
Isn't level 60 pretty low for every main Tales of game?
Honestly? I don't even know how I did it. When I reached the final boss, I was level 56. Then I fought some Giganto Monsters and now I'm 60. The worst part is that the monsters in the final dungeon are level 53 or something, so the amount of experience I get per random battle is around 100. You need like 5000 or 6000 to go up a level.

If I'm so incredibly underleveled, how can I be stronger than the random battle monsters? It doesn't make sense.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 10 07v2DaMTue Feb 17, 2015 6:05 pm

I guess it doesn't apply to Zestiria then... o_o

That's weird though, the level gap between those monsters and the final boss.
Back to top Go down
Meowzy

Meowzy

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 10 07v2DaMTue Feb 17, 2015 8:24 pm

I think you can raise the level of the monsters by assigning certain Normin to the local Lord of the Lands, so maybe the reason the monsters are underleveled (and I'm underleveled as a result) is because I failed to level my landlords.

Or maybe the Normin assigning thing is nonsense. I don't know. You can impact the level of the monsters by changing the difficulty too, so that's what I'm doing, but it's still a chore. Even when I fight Giganto monsters, the amount of experience I get isn't quite so impressive.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 10 07v2DaMFri Feb 20, 2015 1:22 pm

http://gamersyndrome.com/2015/news/bandai-namco-games-has-no-plans-continue-tales-of-zestiria-alisha-dlc-scenario

If this is true I wonder what the point was of bringing back
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Crystal Power

Crystal Power

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 10 07v2DaMFri Feb 20, 2015 2:10 pm

For the Future Arc in the PS4 and Steam version of course! Wink
Back to top Go down
cutepresea

cutepresea

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 10 07v2DaMFri Feb 20, 2015 2:12 pm

If there's one thing I've learned from following Tales all these years is that "no plans" can go either way. And I'm hoping that it's leaning toward yes this time because...what you mentioned there would be extremely pointless if they don't intend to continue it. :/
Also, I just discovered why I'm missing an anime scene in the list so second playthrough, here I come.
Back to top Go down
Crystal Power

Crystal Power

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 10 07v2DaMFri Feb 20, 2015 2:19 pm

I was actually serious about it being expanded in a PS4 port, but we will see.
Back to top Go down
Meowzy

Meowzy

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 10 07v2DaMFri Feb 20, 2015 3:41 pm

Yeah, either they're going to expand on the DLC's unresolved twists in a PS4 version, or there'll be a sequel like Xillia 2. If there's anything Graces F has proven, it's that timeskip anime cutscenes don't mean anything. The story can continue just fine.

cutepresea wrote:
Also, I just discovered why I'm missing an anime scene in the list so second playthrough, here I come.
I'm still boggled by that mysterious 'bad ending' cutscene. What even is happening there? And why is Dezel acting so OOCly? He never struck me as the type to smirk like that and do weird things with his tongue.
Back to top Go down
Crystal Power

Crystal Power

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 10 07v2DaMFri Feb 20, 2015 5:30 pm

It honestly has me curious on what is happening next, The PS4 and Steam rumor happened so close to each other and now no plans to continue the DLC that ended with a cliffhanger? For a moment I thought the DLC might have sold poorly but it's free for two weeks, still is free.

I can only put the rumors and this "No plans" as a hint to an enhanced port. Or possible sequel, but I feel more confident about the port.

I notice a lot of people seem weary to think of a port, but I'm actually a bit excited about it (Strange I know). They could have a chance to fix all this DLC and add so much to fix what people complain about, and the game haven't released in the west so it's likely the port will be worked on now as well and we don't end up with a Vesperia PS3, though I hope my excitement isn't inconsiderate to the people who purchased the game from Japan already.
Back to top Go down
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 10 07v2DaMFri Feb 20, 2015 8:29 pm

Honestly I'd rather they didn't try to "fix" it. They should move on, admit their blunder, and focus all their efforts on making sure this doesn't happen again in the next game.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 10 07v2DaMFri Feb 20, 2015 8:44 pm

I agree with Yume, I'd much rather get new content quicker, apparently rather than quality assurance the three years was spent on Zestiria because of small staff, I'd rather they use their now smaller resources to make a new game.

I'll be upset with an enhanced port or sequel, from my pre-impressions I'd say this is a world I'd want to stand on its own for awhile and I'd be satisfied with that, I would probably still buy and enjoy it though because I'm a sucker for these things, and I really don't like needless unresolved cliffhangers.
Back to top Go down
Crystal Power

Crystal Power

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 10 07v2DaMSat Feb 21, 2015 6:33 am

Both Yume and Shiv make good points. It would be best if they own up to their mistakes and fix them in the next game so it don't happen again. Also I would actually like for the first title to appear on PS4 to be an new and original title, so hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Meowzy

Meowzy

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 10 07v2DaMSat Feb 21, 2015 6:53 am

The 'fixing their mistakes' bit is actually why I'm hoping for a sequel rather than a port. Just think of how perfect the second Xillia was compared to the first one. Nothing was left unaddressed, we got a great new story to go with the existing world and characters... And because a lot of the first game was recycled, they cut down on production costs and time.

If we got a port for PS4, we'd have to wait a year for... what exactly? Slightly enhanced graphics that were clearly meant for PS3, bug fixes and maybe ten hours of additional story? Uhhh, no thanks. Besides, if we do get a PS4 port, we'd have to wait even longer for the localization, because I'd imagine that the PS4 title would be the one to get localized. I kinda have my heart set on playing the English version within half a years' time.
Back to top Go down
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 10 07v2DaMSat Feb 21, 2015 9:42 am

ymmv, but I didn't think X2 "fixed" anything about Xillia. All it did was create plot holes and retcon, and would have been much better as its own game with no ties to Xillia. I'd rather Namco stopped making sequels.
Back to top Go down
Crystal Power

Crystal Power

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 10 07v2DaMSat Feb 21, 2015 9:48 am

The thing about sequels is that it does create more story, which honestly can cause more plot holes and even retcon for series that work like Tales, I think that makes things more complicated sometimes imo.

Also I'd rather the series not turn into how Final Fantasy is being handled recently, when each new title is now looking to have a sequel or spin-off and is started to get clustered with MMO's in the main line installments.
Back to top Go down
Meowzy

Meowzy

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 10 07v2DaMSat Feb 21, 2015 2:08 pm

Really? I had a lot of beef with the first Xillia that the second one elaborated on. Granted, I only ever really focus on characters and their development. When it comes to battle systems and other such gameplay, not so much. So I guess what I'm saying is that the party had a lot of flaws and unresolved plotlines that the second game picked up on with its concept of character episodes and 'what if' fractured dimensions. Which is something that I think Zestiria needs too, because as I explained in my Tumblr post, a lot of what the cast does/says is hypocritical and undermines what they're supposed to represent.

That said, what I do not want is a sequel like Dawn of the New World, which was absolute horsesh*t. Nearly every character was ruined, except for Regal who somehow became five times more interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 10 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next