Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)

Go down 
+17
Txn
Tsuki
Meowzy
Yume Hanabi
Suikoden
King Cat the Sixth
Smuglord
Saeko
Taiyz
Slivendiferious
DylDawg
Samaël
Prinny
Abicion
TimeFactor
DreamSword
Falcom
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 9 07v2DaMWed Feb 11, 2015 9:53 pm

Ahh, I see, makes sense, thank you! I do know some people were saying
Spoiler:

EDIT: DLC is now available to those of you with the game! Kouli tweeted to search by Alisha
Back to top Go down
cutepresea

cutepresea

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 9 07v2DaMWed Feb 11, 2015 10:58 pm

ShivKH wrote:
EDIT: DLC is now available to those of you with the game! Kouli tweeted to search by Alisha
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't check yet because I thought it'd be put up after noon. :3 *downloading*
Edit: 205 MB for anyone who needs to know the size.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 9 07v2DaMWed Feb 11, 2015 11:52 pm

Alisha's second MA in the DLC:

Back to top Go down
cutepresea

cutepresea

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 9 07v2DaMThu Feb 12, 2015 12:05 am

Ah, there's a new battle theme for the DLC. Nice.
Also, booooo, Rising Up isn't playing in グレイブガント, brb rating 1/5 (kidding, kidding)
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 9 07v2DaMThu Feb 12, 2015 12:22 am

From streams I'm getting a real F-arc feel from this and I'm liking that, I'm really glad they went the extra mile with giving this little arc its own battle theme and some new areas.
Back to top Go down
cutepresea

cutepresea

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 9 07v2DaMThu Feb 12, 2015 12:26 am

The DLC also has new trophies, but they're only showing up in my list if I switch to offline mode. :/
(It just bugs me because I like keeping track of stuff, even if I don't plan to 100% it)
Edit: They put up a trailer for the DLC
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 9 07v2DaMThu Feb 12, 2015 12:57 am

Cutie P, when you can, can you tell us what the prize is that you get to carry over to main game? I heard such a thing existed

I like the trailer <3

Sucks about the trophies D:
Back to top Go down
cutepresea

cutepresea

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 9 07v2DaMThu Feb 12, 2015 3:50 am

Okay, so for those who are curious about some DLC stuff:
Definitely don't play this before beating the game. Even though you can, it spoils the ending, so...don't.
Length is a few hours, more or less, depending on whether you're blind and don't see the switches on the wall like me.
There are a few new dungeons, but they're just more of those cave/ruins side dungeons from the main game that I was already tired of. Blah.
New battle theme, as stated above
Also stated above, Alisha gets a new Mystic Arte
There are six new trophies. I only got four. I have NO idea what the other two are for since they're all hidden.
Adds another of those arenas, this time making you fight as Alisha and Rose
Party is Alisha, Rose, Edna, and Lailah at first.
Spoiler:

With the way it ends, I wouldn't be surprised if they make more of these
New piece of art in the credits
You get a title at the end. You also carry over any items you got.
Spoiler:

I say get it while it's free. I wouldn't pay 1300 yen for it, Bamco is crazy.
Back to top Go down
Crystal Power

Crystal Power

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 9 07v2DaMThu Feb 12, 2015 4:14 am

cutepresea wrote:

Party is Alisha, Rose, Edna, and Lailah at first.
Spoiler:

I say get it while it's free. I wouldn't pay 1300 yen for it, Bamco is crazy.
Well getting a fully playable Alisha and Zaveid makes me happy. Still sucks I can't have my team I really wanted of Sorey, Alisha, Zaveid, and Lailah...

Well Bamco better just add this in the game itself and not DLC for western release, I only have hope for that since they did do things like add extras in Abyss localization.
Back to top Go down
DreamSword
Handsome Hobo
DreamSword

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 9 07v2DaMThu Feb 12, 2015 9:38 am

It's more likely that they'll make the DLC a preorder bonus when it comes to the localization, assuming they do anything different with it at all.
Back to top Go down
Meowzy

Meowzy

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 9 07v2DaMThu Feb 12, 2015 10:03 am

Very late response but auughh... So that's where you get the Zaveid color variation outfit. That's the only color variation I don't have yet. Doesn't seem like it's worth the trouble, though. Maybe in my second playthrough.

Still haven't figured out how to trigger the Aizen subevent by the way, so if anyone knows... I kinda wanna be able to finish the main game before doing the Alisha DLC.
Back to top Go down
Crystal Power

Crystal Power

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 9 07v2DaMThu Feb 12, 2015 9:34 pm

Tales of Zestiria - Alisha After Story Battle Theme.

Back to top Go down
Meowzy

Meowzy

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 9 07v2DaMThu Feb 12, 2015 9:40 pm

Well, I caved and played the Alisha story anyway. It's uh... UHHHH... I have a lot of mixed feelings on how the characters were handled here. Most importantly, can someone explain to me why Rose was being kind of a distant b*tch towards Alisha for most of it? It feels like she got hit by the same ugly stick that went up Lloyd's butt just before Dawn of the New World. Like some cold-hearted imposter was wearing Rose's character model like a suit, especially during cutscenes. In skits she was still sort of herself, I guess. And what bugs me most is that Edna and Lailah did nothing to intervene.
Back to top Go down
cutepresea

cutepresea

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 9 07v2DaMThu Feb 12, 2015 10:11 pm

Taking another look at the DLC credits, it seems another composer named Eriko Sakurai is listed alongside Sakuraba and Shiina, so she probably did the new music in there.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 9 07v2DaMThu Feb 12, 2015 11:38 pm

According to translations, Edna said they were both at fault for their disagreement and Lailah was just kind of like yeah okay then....not sure if that helps LOL, Rose does tell them to be quiet at the beginning
Back to top Go down
Meowzy

Meowzy

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 9 07v2DaMFri Feb 13, 2015 5:59 am

But that doesn't explain why Rose was acting like that in the first place.

Also, I wrote a full ramble- I mean review about the game and put it up on my Tumblr. Warning for spoilers and tl;dr.

Also also, this DLC skit is pure brilliance.

I started laughing so hard when Dezel yelled it's not his fault. And Rose as Milla, oh my gosh. And Edna with a Teepo voice...! Funnily enough, I can't tell the difference between regular Zaveid and Zelos!Zaveid. The Z Man will be the Z Man, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 9 07v2DaMFri Feb 13, 2015 11:33 am

ShivKH wrote:
Do you have to fight a boss for all the colour variations? And is it just colour variations or do you need to fight bosses for the swappable ones too?

I'm really hoping a screenshot of
Spoiler:
is shown by someone at some point, I've been looking through threads on gamefaqs against my better judgment
Bad quality, but there you go. Need to add a pic of her DLC outfit...

And you get color variations through various events. You don't necessarily need to fight a boss. Zaveid's was the hardest to get tho, and it's not even good looking =/

Meowzy, to respond to your Tumblr post, specifically gameplay 3): you can change seraphs at will during battle. It's even smoother than Xillia's in-battle party reformation: you just need to press one button on the d-pad (up for Lailah, right for Zaveid, down for Edna and left for Mikleo iirc). It even works if you're currently controlling a seraph (say you're fighting with Mikleo and you suddenly want to play Zaveid, just hit -> and he's replaced by Zaveid under your control). There's also a battle act that enables you to change the other human's seraph (L2+d-pad), but I don't remember how to get it.

Also regarding the dragon, little nitpick but the NPC can see it ^^

I so agree on the Alisha DLC ugh. I too thought "fan service" when they had them fight like five year olds. The last couple of scenes were nice though, but I wish they'd happened earlier. I so want to see those two as friends.

And idk why you can't trigger the Aizen event. There doesn't seem to be special requirements...
Back to top Go down
http://yume-x-hanabi.tumblr.com
Meowzy

Meowzy

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 9 07v2DaMFri Feb 13, 2015 1:56 pm

I keep forgetting that the seraph swapping in and out of battle is a thing. Partly because sometimes when I tried it, it went horribly wrong and suddenly instead of controlling Sorey I'd be controlling the fourth character in the lineup. Oh, the many times I got into seriously trouble because I was trying to swap party members and all of a sudden I was controlling a seraph without realizing it. After that, I only switched seraphim out after they KO'd.

Wait, the NPC can see it? How is that possible? I thought dragons were invisible to the human eye, just like seraphim?

Yeah, I'm really confused about it. When I enter the mountain area, Edna basically goes "nii-san" in the field skit, but when I go all the way up there, there's no green exclamation mark to trigger the cutscene. I'm wondering if maybe I should defeat that wyvern first, because afterwards there's some conversation about Zaveid and why he kills hyouma/hellions. I'll try that and if it doesn't work, I'll give up.
Back to top Go down
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 9 07v2DaMFri Feb 13, 2015 2:10 pm

Haha I'm the contrary, I swap them in and out all the time. It's pretty dynamic once you get the hang of it, and it feels like all six characters are participating in battle. That's probably why the fixed aspect of the battle system strangely doesn't bother me in this game.

Humans can't see hellions, but the closer hellions get to dragons, the more visible they are. For example ouroboros, dragon puppies and dragonewts have some physical manifestations, such as tornadoes. Full-blown dragons are visible as is.
Back to top Go down
http://yume-x-hanabi.tumblr.com
Meowzy

Meowzy

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 9 07v2DaMFri Feb 13, 2015 2:17 pm

Huh... And seraphim can have manifestations like tornadoes too, right? Interesting.
Back to top Go down
DreamSword
Handsome Hobo
DreamSword

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 9 07v2DaMFri Feb 13, 2015 2:51 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sBNBbbeM84

They turned Beast into a Mystic Arte. That is all.
Back to top Go down
Crystal Power

Crystal Power

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 9 07v2DaMSat Feb 14, 2015 6:18 am

cutepresea wrote:
Taking another look at the DLC credits, it seems another composer named Eriko Sakurai is listed alongside Sakuraba and Shiina, so she probably did the new music in there.
I wonder if she really did create this specific new battle theme. It honestly don't sound very Sakuraba or Shiina-ish.

I hope they do start to get more music composers to start working on Tales again, perhaps have Go Shiina return and this new composer Erika Sakrai. Still curious to what happened to Shinji Tamura and Kazuhiro Nakamura but we need more variety you know...
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 9 07v2DaMSat Feb 14, 2015 8:54 am

So can Alisha armatize now or am I interpreting this image wrong?

Is it just Rose with a different haircut?
Back to top Go down
Meowzy

Meowzy

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 9 07v2DaMSat Feb 14, 2015 1:06 pm

Yeah, I know that image. It was photoshopped. Alas, no armatizing for Alisha.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 9 07v2DaMSat Feb 14, 2015 1:11 pm

I really loved Nakamura's work, if they could bring them back that'd be so great <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 9 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next