Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)

Go down 
+17
Txn
Tsuki
Meowzy
Yume Hanabi
Suikoden
King Cat the Sixth
Smuglord
Saeko
Taiyz
Slivendiferious
DylDawg
Samaël
Prinny
Abicion
TimeFactor
DreamSword
Falcom
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 11 07v2DaMSat Feb 21, 2015 3:05 pm

I enjoyed the extra development of the characters from X1, but I 100% agree X2 would have been better as a standalone game it presented itself to have so much potential but it didn't use all of it, like the potential of fellow agents being party members, multiple times NPCs talk about how the company recruits interesting people and based on skill rather than background.

I enjoy the concept of sequels, I dislike when people dislike them on principal, but in the case of Tales they very rarely do what I like sequels for, more of what you loved from the first instalment with new content that makes sense in context, sometimes sequels just aren't needed, sometimes there's enough to expand on without having the first thing feel incomplete. I prefer how they did ToD2 conceptually, same world, connected strongly to first game, but a brand new cast experiencing the world with new struggles, original cast still playing some kind of major role maybe some as playable but not all.

I'll always like them for the fact that I get to see more of the characters though, as long as they don't get OOC but I don't think that's been a giant problem
Back to top Go down
Meowzy

Meowzy

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 11 07v2DaMSat Feb 21, 2015 3:19 pm

Well, considering how huge the party already was in Xillia 2, I can see why fellow agents wouldn't be party members. Better to focus on the ones we already know and expand on those than to throw like five new people with their own stories in there. Also, I don't think Xillia 2 had that much actual retconning? Maybe just how the soul purification process works, but things like the Sage Kresnik still matched with what we knew from the first game, as far as I could tell. They just elaborated on it with perhaps a few too many details.

That said, a Destiny 2-ish sequel of Zestiria could work too. Depends how long Lunarre can hang around. Or maybe he can spawn some hellbreed of his own. Wink

And on a completely unrelated topic which is very much related to the original topic, I finally got Dezel in my second playthrough. Sadly, Zaveid's default costume didn't transfer into the new game for some reason. Totally unfair if you ask me, because Rose's default is available to Alisha right from the get-go. Because I didn't bother to get Zaveid's color swap, that means I have no Zaveid outfit for Dezel at all. ...Ahwell, at least I have the flashback outfit.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 11 07v2DaMSat Feb 21, 2015 4:14 pm

The new party members was more for if the game was a standalone sorry I wasn't clear on that D:

Awww that sucks, that's strange it didn't carry over if Rose's did :/ I didn't know you could get the flashback costume :0 yay young Dezel
Back to top Go down
Meowzy

Meowzy

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 11 07v2DaMSat Feb 21, 2015 5:32 pm

You get it if you beat a big Wyvern hyouma in a sidequest (which is followed by a suspicious cutscene with Zaveid). Sadly, it doesn't come with a hatless hairstyle, but it still looks amazing. And it makes Zaveid look like such a poser
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 11 07v2DaMSat Feb 21, 2015 7:03 pm

Hahahaha, Zaveid xD
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 11 07v2DaMSat Feb 21, 2015 8:24 pm

I love how hard it is to take off the Wind Seraph's hat in contrast to how hard it is to keep Beryl's hat, literally half the attachments and all her costumes take it off
Back to top Go down
Meowzy

Meowzy

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 11 07v2DaMSat Feb 21, 2015 8:45 pm

In that particular Zaveid case, the hat is an improvement. He kept that ponytail hairstyle as he went into the New Game Plus and uh... Without the hat, it looks pretty questionable. I can take a picture next time I run into him in the game, if you want.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 11 07v2DaMSat Feb 21, 2015 8:52 pm

Sure I'd like a pic if you get the chance didn't know his hairstyle changed after he got the hat :0
Back to top Go down
Meowzy

Meowzy

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 11 07v2DaMSat Feb 21, 2015 8:56 pm

Well, it's not so much that the hairstyle changes, it's that without the hat covering the top of his head you can see just how odd that ponytail is. His hair looks oddly greasy and... I don't really know how to explain it. It's like, when Dezel's hat is taken off for whatever reason, his hair looks floofy and fun. When Zaveid is hatless, he looks like one of those older men who's going bald and is still determined to have long hair.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 11 07v2DaMSat Feb 21, 2015 8:58 pm

LOL now I really need a pic please xD
Back to top Go down
Meowzy

Meowzy

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 11 07v2DaMSun Feb 22, 2015 7:10 am

Alas, I only just got Dezel in my party and the next time I see Zaveid would be at the Wind Trial, which is a pretty long way away.
Back to top Go down
Crystal Power

Crystal Power

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 11 07v2DaMSun Feb 22, 2015 9:53 am

Meowzy wrote:
You get it if you beat a big Wyvern hyouma in a sidequest (which is followed by a suspicious cutscene with Zaveid). Sadly, it doesn't come with a hatless hairstyle, but it still looks amazing. And it makes Zaveid look like such a poser
This is a free in game costume???

It's the second one right, Rose has a free costume too I seen.
Back to top Go down
Meowzy

Meowzy

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 11 07v2DaMSun Feb 22, 2015 12:17 pm

Yup, free in-game costume. Like I said, you just have to beat a sidequest monster. Rose actually has a ridiculous amount of free in-game costumes. There's her default, the color variation of her default, her merchant outfit with the white blouse, the assassin outfit... And then you could count Alisha's default and Alisha's colorswap. All of which Alisha can also wear in the New Game Plus.

For Dezel and Zaveid it's Dezel's default, Dezel's colorswap, Dezel's flashback outfit, Zaveid's color swap... And Zaveid's default is apparently limited to Zaveid for some reason.

Edna, Mikleo and Lailah, from what I can tell, only have their defaults and color swaps. Sorey has default, jacketless, color swap (with jacket)... And I found two defaults with special BGM, plus a jacketless with special BGM. I tried using them in battle, but the music sounded exactly the same so I don't know what the deal is there.
Back to top Go down
Crystal Power

Crystal Power

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 11 07v2DaMMon Feb 23, 2015 1:29 am

Thank you for all the info! The extra BGM sounded interesting. I heard the swimsuit DLC has music this time, but I can't find any proof of that.
Back to top Go down
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 11 07v2DaMMon Feb 23, 2015 8:03 am

Yep they do. And thank god you can turn it off.
Back to top Go down
http://yume-x-hanabi.tumblr.com
Crystal Power

Crystal Power

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 11 07v2DaMThu Feb 26, 2015 12:14 am

I guess that's why it's so difficult to find a youtube upload of that track lol
Back to top Go down
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 11 07v2DaMFri Feb 27, 2015 8:56 am

Made a inn skits guide cuz those are annoying to get. Sorry the font isn't super readable, been trying to change it but having some trouble with it.
Back to top Go down
http://yume-x-hanabi.tumblr.com
Meowzy

Meowzy

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 11 07v2DaMFri Feb 27, 2015 9:49 am

Aww, that's so great! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Samaël
Kamen Rider
Samaël

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 11 07v2DaMFri Mar 27, 2015 3:01 am

Soooo, anyone know how to find the Mimic Giant? I have been opening chests for hours and all I'm getting are regular Mimics.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 11 07v2DaMSat Apr 11, 2015 4:08 pm

I was wondering, with the finale in mind...

What do you all think are the odds of a Tales of Zestiria II coming out set in the far future with
Spoiler:
as the main characters?
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 11 07v2DaMSun Apr 12, 2015 6:20 pm

I've been assuming if it happened it would be the cast from the Alisha After Story, but it would be interesting if they did what you suggested and further developed the themes associated with Seraph-Human relations and the consequences for the world of the endgame actions.
Back to top Go down
Meowzy

Meowzy

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 11 07v2DaMSun Apr 12, 2015 8:24 pm

Yeah, that would be interesting. They could give all the seraphim a new design to match what happened to Mikleo in the end, there. I'm not saying to do the exact same thing to them, but seraphim can change their appearance and growth, so Edna could look older, but Zaveid could probably look younger too. Or maybe do something really fun with their hair.

...Also a certain someone comes back from the dead wearing a mask and pretends to be a different character, except the players can see right through that cheap disguise. Wouldn't that be something?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 11 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11