Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Legend of Heroes General Thread

Go down 
+14
Slivendiferious
AnthranDawn
Txn
BlazingFiddlesticks
Taiyz
King Cat the Sixth
Prinny
Arn
Silver Forte
NexeorF
warriorangel01
Tenshigami
DylDawg
Falcom
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

The Legend of Heroes General Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Heroes General Thread   The Legend of Heroes General Thread - Page 4 07v2DaMWed Jun 25, 2014 12:56 pm

The doge is right.
Seeing how it's Lloyd from pre-post Ao, this is before
Spoiler:
so I expect them to either be temp playables or a boss fight Mad

Get Over the Barrierx Inevitable Struggle remix pls
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Heroes General Thread   The Legend of Heroes General Thread - Page 4 07v2DaMFri Jun 27, 2014 12:06 am

Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Heroes General Thread   The Legend of Heroes General Thread - Page 4 07v2DaMFri Jun 27, 2014 12:29 am

Oooh Bracers. Could always use more of em.
inb4 phone app
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Heroes General Thread   The Legend of Heroes General Thread - Page 4 07v2DaMSun Jun 29, 2014 4:19 am

OP Preview. Cut-ins of Sen characters are nice. I want to see the Bracer Duo that I (and currently the only mains I truly love since, ya know, ENGLISH) love seen in Sen ;_;

Also, again, I want to play this. This is shaping up to be really good, and it has everything animu and awesome I like in an RPG, swords, music, giant robots, rainbow colorful characters (which WIld Arms 5 also had but...the plot is simple. REAL simple).

I love Falcom, but you can't expect me to play these games cause the story and characters are what draws you in, and with an ever expanding lore that calls back to 3 games prior that also has a script that puts the rainforest in jeopardy for each scriptbook they print, it's just simply impossible to translate and catch up.

Guess I'll just be listening to the music then... (John DiMaggio voice) and make my own Legend of Heroes game, with Black Fangs and more Genkis (which IIRONICALLY, I'm expanding a LOT as well in my head)!
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Heroes General Thread   The Legend of Heroes General Thread - Page 4 07v2DaMSun Jun 29, 2014 3:20 pm

I can't tell if it's Kotekana or not, though I do dig it. The voice sounds different so i'm curious who it is now......

OST HYPE GET. SCs of the series usually tend to get some amazing OST, and battle upgrades are also gonna be a thing, plus with all these playa charas.....

The Legend of Heroes General Thread - Page 4 2UqeKyp

And dw Dyldoge, if you want, I can always loan you the Sen games if ya want in the future.
But yeah, the lack of an actual translation is saddening, but as posted before, it's not XSEED's fault, if anyone's to blame in Bamco for not continuing the translations after Gagharv Razz
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Heroes General Thread   The Legend of Heroes General Thread - Page 4 07v2DaMSat Jul 05, 2014 7:59 am

If you want, and I am thankful for that, but it's still gonna end up being the same problem: I would love to play and experience these games in English, understanding the details of each game to the fullest and enjoy the heck out of it. Thanks a lot for the offer though.

I remember I told you that I had to set a certain mindset to get the enjoyment out of TitS, and when I did, I extremely loved every second playing it. I would really like to do taht as well for the rest of the series.

Also not to offend ya Falzy, but it really surprises me about you playing them in Japanese. You're tough and amazing. I tried playing Zero before, but not knowing where to go, and a story driven game to boot, made it really hard to play and enjoy.

At least I have Sen's demo to play around with for gameplay purposes.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Heroes General Thread   The Legend of Heroes General Thread - Page 4 07v2DaMSat Jul 12, 2014 2:21 am

Sorry for double post, but can't people appreciate a relaxed paced RPG, where the focus are on the characters and the setting anymore?

By gosh darn I also first quit Trails cause of boring gameplay but when I set myself to relax and enjoy the characters and reading, I love(d) it, and the gameplay became fun, so much afterwards.

Holy hell Murrican "JRPG" fans, get your patient shit together.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Heroes General Thread   The Legend of Heroes General Thread - Page 4 07v2DaMSat Jul 12, 2014 2:42 am

Pretty sure majority of JRPG fans are FF or Tales fan, Kiseki is niche enough as it is, I don't blame them.

Fast paced gaming seems to be the 'in' as well as action games in general, heavy story games with shit ton of text would be a turn off, heck even in Japan tbh but still, lore, characters, and OST while reading fan summaries and translations online cough is keeping me going

I'm just here, chilling at Crossbell's sexy town scenery..... lack of Get Over the Barrier! is still saddening.

Also... SC where...?
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Heroes General Thread   The Legend of Heroes General Thread - Page 4 07v2DaMTue Jul 22, 2014 4:00 pm

Apologies for kotaku link didn't see a siliconera article yet

http://kotaku.com/one-of-the-best-jrpgs-comes-to-pc-next-week-1609064076

Not SC but looking forward to it. Gonna buy at least two copies.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Heroes General Thread   The Legend of Heroes General Thread - Page 4 07v2DaMTue Jul 22, 2014 5:20 pm

Maybe I should buy it since I lost my PSP already....

But mannnnnnnn, I already have the game.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Heroes General Thread   The Legend of Heroes General Thread - Page 4 07v2DaMTue Jul 22, 2014 5:37 pm

I do too. But big screen, man! Big screen! In HD! It also gives me the chance to introduce a PC gamer friend to it.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Heroes General Thread   The Legend of Heroes General Thread - Page 4 07v2DaMTue Jul 22, 2014 6:00 pm

That's probably the best way to do the PC version, give and let any people know about it as possible.

...I know it's perks, buttttt....I've been trying my best to not buy new games as much as possible. Decisions...
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Heroes General Thread   The Legend of Heroes General Thread - Page 4 07v2DaMWed Jul 23, 2014 1:09 am

I bought the Premium Edition, and I'm still going to buy this version.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Heroes General Thread   The Legend of Heroes General Thread - Page 4 07v2DaMWed Jul 23, 2014 3:40 am

Not to distract from TitS PC, but:

It's...it's...so colorful, flashy, and Trails sequely (where the best shit in each arc happens). Dat Robot. Dem rainbow colored S-Crafts. Dem high quality art and stills. Dat better model animation. Dat Rising Sun. I guess this is what happens when DLC Profits actually helps the company more.

Japanese text is my bane for this series.
Back to top Go down
NexeorF

NexeorF

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Heroes General Thread   The Legend of Heroes General Thread - Page 4 07v2DaMFri Jul 25, 2014 4:00 am

DylDawg wrote:
Sorry for double post, but can't people appreciate a relaxed paced RPG, where the focus are on the characters and the setting anymore?

By gosh darn I also first quit Trails cause of boring gameplay but when I set myself to relax and enjoy the characters and reading, I love(d) it, and the gameplay became fun, so much afterwards.

Holy hell Murrican "JRPG" fans, get your patient shit together.

I really, REALLY enjoyed FC's combat when I first put my hands on that Japanese version (plus freebie last year). In fact Kiseki's combat is an actual evolution of the turn-based genre. I always laugh at people that still cry for "MUH TURN-BASED GLORY" (Example: Bravely Default), when Kiseki just enhanced it. And really can't stand Nostalgia filthers--Yes, people, there are games that are far superior to, say, Xenogears or Chrono Trigger. Just cope with it.
And most Western Jrpg fans are either KH, FF or (YES, YES AND MORE YES) PERSONA fanatics (You know--those that claim to be real enthusiasts, having played just P3 and P4). Tales fans aren't that noticeable yet... Except for those whining for dubs and stuff. I assure that 9 of 10 jrpg players are SE followers, and still claim XV will be THE ULTIMATE JRPG as their God Nomura Bay is behind it.

Now, on-topic:

So far I've introduced a friend of mine to the series who's a Persona fanatic, and hope it will ditch such weeaboo franchise with awful music to this one.

And just added $20 to my steam wallet. I'm supporting both Xseed and Falcom day 1.

Last edited by NexeorF on Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Heroes General Thread   The Legend of Heroes General Thread - Page 4 07v2DaMFri Jul 25, 2014 5:18 am

Falcom wrote:
Fast paced gaming seems to be the 'in' as well as action games in general, heavy story games with shit ton of text would be a turn off, heck even in Japan tbh but still, lore, characters, and OST while reading fan summaries and translations online cough is keeping me going  ?
I think I'm a good example of this crowd. The main reason why I can't stand many JRPGs anymore is because of a lack of voiced dialogue. JRPGs are one of the few remaining genres that think this is fine. Even if there's a ton of text, you should do what you can so that your players don't feel like the game has become a novel. It's the same reason why I don't read visual novels, if we could get some with fully voiced English dialogue I'd totally be down for it.

Mind you, I'm a huge hypocrite who reads all the Assassin's Creed database entries, but those are written so well (and in character) that you can hear Shaun's voice in your head, so I'm overlooking that.

Also yeah, battle speed is a concern. I hate ATB games, but once FFXIII came along with 4+ fast bars and the ability to cancel into them, I was hooked! Some turn-based games feel faster than others too, Atelier Iris games all felt pretty quick, for example. Bravely Default had a flow to it as well.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Heroes General Thread   The Legend of Heroes General Thread - Page 4 07v2DaMFri Jul 25, 2014 5:42 am

Ironically Taiyz, this series IS like a novel. It's on the seventh book already ahahaha. And yes Taiyz, Atelier Iris (to an extent Mana Khemia) have some of the most addictive and fastest take on turn-based battles I have ever experienced, and being sprite-based helps in that area. AI2 and MK1 are tied as my fave Gust games.

I enjoyed Trails cause of the relaxed paced of it, and it was a breath of fresh air that an RPG focuses more on its narrative and characters than its gameplay. After a hard day in university, I would always boot up Trails in the bus or at home to read and continue Estelle's and Joshua's antics and hijinks. It's like a slice of life/adventure anime/manga that features a fun battle system to boot. So idunno if I will still get that when SC comes, since I've heard shit gets real in it, but the first game has established enough enjoyment and curiosity in me to enjoy the sequel as well. And more Estelle is welcomed!

NexorF, Persona is alright. I won't deny that I got my share of fun and enjoyment from playing P4G, and it's one of the still consistently good RPGs in the market.  And Persona's music is quite good imo. I like some of the tracks Meguro makes.

And yeah, Trails' combat is a stepped up version of turn-based with a bit of strategy and a LOT of positioning mixed in. And considering it's a 2004 game, and it's more on the character and plot focused part of the genre, I can forgive it. It's surprisingly fun and fulfilling is you take the time and actually play it (White Gehanna everything ahahaha). Falcom has IMPROVED Trails' combat a LOT in these ten years, and Sen II's combat is looking like it will be the best combat the series will have so far.

P.S: KH gets a pass by me cause it will always be one of my fave series ever. Even if Nomura manages to pull things from his butt.
Back to top Go down
NexeorF

NexeorF

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Heroes General Thread   The Legend of Heroes General Thread - Page 4 07v2DaMFri Jul 25, 2014 3:44 pm

Hah forgot to mention I've got a Bias myself against Meguro. He's been all Jpop lately, and when he uses the guitar I just want to impale myself. If you ask me Okabe Keiichi (Nier, Drakengard) ***** on him anyday.

And fans just ruined my enjoyment with all Atlus-related stuff. The more I read P2 vs Proswagonists 3+4 arguments, the more I want it to dissappear. Maybe, JUST MAYBE, I'll reconsider it. For now I started reading Digital Devil Story. I'm at the part then the heroine enters the scene, and I have this feeling that Nakajima will fall in love with Yumiko thus becoming generic (Heck even You's intentions are because of bullying), but since themes like that were common back then, that can slip by for all I'm concerned (Though I admit the whole digital demonic realm thing is really interesting).

And I've got this issue myself that if I hate something that much, makes me want to play it even more (Like when I bashed on Love Live! because I prefer Im@s. Ended up liking Season 2 and Nozomi best girl); Second example would be Resident Evil 6. Bashed it as if there was no tomorrow, purchased it full-retail price, and it's one of my guilty pleasures as of today..............

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Heroes General Thread   The Legend of Heroes General Thread - Page 4 07v2DaMSat Jul 26, 2014 7:09 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYPGAqsfOrU
Holy crap and crap and crap.

Sen II looks AMAZING. In a span of ONE year, they manage to improve, and add so much to it, even better (and actual proper) breathing/idle animation in battle. And movements look a LOT more fluid.

Holy crap Falcom.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Heroes General Thread   The Legend of Heroes General Thread - Page 4 07v2DaMSat Jul 26, 2014 1:30 pm

The movement still seems floaty, but yeah holy crap. S-Craft direction improved a lot especially, and the battle camera is a lot more dynamic than Sen I.

I guess that since the battle system (and storyline of course) is already solid, they are able to allocate more resources for the presentation of the game. And it really shows. Kudos Falcom.

now gimme mah ys8
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Heroes General Thread   The Legend of Heroes General Thread - Page 4 07v2DaMTue Jul 29, 2014 2:04 pm

TitS in HD is out! Go get it! Just gifted a copy to a couple friends and will purchase a copy for myself once I'm home.

Mmmmmm. Glorious HD TitS.
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Heroes General Thread   The Legend of Heroes General Thread - Page 4 07v2DaMTue Jul 29, 2014 2:42 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Heroes General Thread   The Legend of Heroes General Thread - Page 4 07v2DaMTue Jul 29, 2014 2:58 pm

Should be DRM free on GOG, but not steam.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Heroes General Thread   The Legend of Heroes General Thread - Page 4 07v2DaMTue Jul 29, 2014 3:52 pm

Gifted one to my pal, and got it for myself.
Visuals are soooooooo eye catching >_<
SPREAD THE TitS MOVEMENT.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Heroes General Thread   The Legend of Heroes General Thread - Page 4 07v2DaMTue Jul 29, 2014 3:55 pm

The Legend of Heroes General Thread - Page 4 RDiexpk

Gaiyz, stop tempting. hnnnghhh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Heroes General Thread   The Legend of Heroes General Thread - Page 4 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Heroes General Thread
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next