Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)

Go down 
+35
Naoshi
Abicion
Juanblue85
Tsuki
Zwei.0
King Cat the Sixth
DylDawg
Bo Staff Katana
TalesofHysteria
Harbinger
Venom
Samaël
Rainstorm
Crystal Power
fateoffate
swordandshield
Dcrigg
Falcom
Yume Hanabi
Tenshigami
Suikoden
AzureEdge
Slivendiferious
BlazingFiddlesticks
Lloyzerdk
Taiyz
Yumi-Yumi
Dracos
Zacewing
Meowzy
Hasta_Extermi
Txn
DreamSword
cutepresea
Moontoon
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 5 07v2DaMThu Jun 25, 2015 9:38 am

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/25/tales-of-berseria-protagonists-personality-changed-just-like-the-worlds-climate/

Quote :
She no longer smiles anymore, and instead, displays colder feelings such as anger and hatred. The girl who suppresses the kind and gentle part of herself in exchange for a colder passion, will be the one to shock the entire world.
...Welp! That's sure to split the fanbase like a bolt of Lightning. Also she's like the oldest Tales protagonist ever at 19, yet it sounds like she's going to be angst incarnate. Lovely.

Should have just made her the swashbuckling adventurer, like some sort of female Balthier.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 5 07v2DaMThu Jun 25, 2015 10:14 am

Well, the throwback to Milla was kind of the point with the spirit thing...

Is it confirmed that Velvet is a pirate?
Because that siliconera link sort of implies in a minimalistically hinting way that she might be a merchant instead.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 5 07v2DaMThu Jun 25, 2015 10:37 am

All the articles upon the announcement were that she's a pirate. Could be that maybe her parents were merchants and were murdered by other merchants that belong to this evil organization or something and now she's gone all Batman on them.

Or she could be a pirate who pirates the pirates.

Or both.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 5 07v2DaMThu Jun 25, 2015 10:44 am

Woah, that really long hair is rather sexy. inb4 cuts halfway game (i'm thinking of Garnet ff9 rather than Luke tho, because of that tying-the-end-of-hair thing)

Tattered cape is badass as expected. Hopefully she got a costume that a little less ...torn but still maintain that tattered cape. Heck, make the cape a separate attachment so I can have a Tatteres Cape Pirate crew. With complementary shades.

Venom wrote:
I vote a Yuri costume, because reasons
I like your reasons, and I'm going to cast another vote for this.

Or at least Max's costume, also because reasons.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 5 07v2DaMThu Jun 25, 2015 10:45 am

Well, she's gonna be a barrel of laughs. I was hoping for a more serious, but knows when to go all out or just have fun personality, but that design should've said so already. Hope she changes by end game.

What's it gonna take for Tales to get a female protagonist like Estelle from Trails? Happy-go-lucky, but not ignorant. Strong but not forceful. Knows when to joke around and when to be serious?

Heck, the female protags of Senran Kagura sound a lot better compared to Velvet's reasoning and how she turned out, and I know each member of one group had crap and hell for their backstories Razz Maybe Velvet will learn about friendship and comrades. One Piece holy crap
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 5 07v2DaMFri Jun 26, 2015 5:13 pm

I'm hoping she goes down a unique route ;;

I'm 100% assuming she's gonna get Yuri, who has been used already so much, from that description. Yuri or Rutee are who my money is on. If they actually go a unique route I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Max would be a fantastic option tbh.

I concur that I hope she is Aifread, or perhaps Aifread as the final or EX Boss
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 5 07v2DaMSat Jun 27, 2015 12:10 am

Falcom wrote:
Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 5 JjL4Fhl

Looks like a more hot Rutee

You say that as if Rutee was plain.

But then, she inherits both she and Milla's legacies of twig-waists.  Granted that moniker applies to damn near every female in the franchise, but it ain't attractive when your clothes emphasize it.  Hypocrisy? Razz

But naw, we'll see. Here's hoping she turns out better than Lightning!

DylDawg wrote:
What's it gonna take for Tales to get a female protagonist like Estelle from Trails? Happy-go-lucky, but not ignorant. Strong but not forceful. Knows when to joke around and when to be serious?

An adult protagonist.  And by that I mean someone on the other side of the great wall of 2-0.  Amazing how Namco keeps dodging that number; Sheena, Judith, and Nanaly are all 19, which leaves us with... Raine, Pascal, Hilda, and Mary?
Back to top Go down
TalesofHysteria

TalesofHysteria

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 5 07v2DaMSat Jun 27, 2015 7:15 pm

BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:
Falcom wrote:
Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 5 JjL4Fhl

Looks like a more hot Rutee

You say that as if Rutee was plain.

But then, she inherits both she and Milla's legacies of twig-waists.  Granted that moniker applies to damn near every female in the franchise, but it ain't attractive when your clothes emphasize it.  Hypocrisy? Razz

But naw, we'll see.  Here's hoping she turns out better than Lightning!

DylDawg wrote:

An adult protagonist.  And by that I mean someone on the other side of the great wall of 2-0.  Amazing how Namco keeps dodging that number; Sheena, Judith, and Nanaly are all 19, which leaves us with... Raine, Pascal, Hilda, and Mary?

Even if anime may sometimes be aimed at an older audience than cartoons in the West, both anime and video games are still usually aimed at younger people in Japan, a country with very long work hours. She's a 19-year old adult, and a year older than Estelle. She'll do. 35-ish protagonists in huge selling games is a Western thing, and as far as I can tell they're usually male at that point. Tomb Raider (2013), which sold over 8.5 million units, was funded/published by a Japanese company and the protagonist is on the other side of 20, that's about as close as I can think of on console involving Japan.

As for "twig-waist", well yes she's an hourglass with an impossible chest but if she were slightly less thin it wouldn't be unrealistic at all.

If she weren't a young, thin, athletic, and very attractive woman she wouldn't sell, and Bandai Namco is all about being cautious. For all we know they might think a sole female protagonist is a bit of a risk itself. Don't be fooled by Tales Fest, the series audience is about 70 percent male in Japan, straight from Baba.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/06/26/why-90-of-fans-at-tales-of-festival-are-female

I personally quite like her design.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 5 07v2DaMSat Jun 27, 2015 7:26 pm

Guys guys guys stop freaking out, just wait until we can all buy the bikini DLC, that will definitely amend the situation.
Back to top Go down
Zwei.0

Zwei.0

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 5 07v2DaMSun Jun 28, 2015 8:01 am

Even when I try to restore the outfit that red thingie still looks kinda strange.

Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 5 Velvel11
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 5 07v2DaMSun Jun 28, 2015 12:34 pm

Haha Zwei that is amazing.
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 5 07v2DaMSun Jun 28, 2015 10:36 pm

TalesofHysteria wrote:
If she weren't a young, thin, athletic, and very attractive woman she wouldn't sell, and Bandai Namco is all about being cautious. For all we know they might think a sole female protagonist is a bit of a risk itself. Don't be fooled by Tales Fest, the series audience is about 70 percent male in Japan, straight from Baba.

I understand all of this (and the rest of your post, cutting it down to keep it clean), Velvet is not surprising me.  DylDawg simply asked why we cannot have an emotionally-rounded female lead, and we all know why already; the genre and the culture surrounding it greatly discourage it.  Taiyz is throwing out "stopping thinking too hard about it guys" quips, I don't think I am, simple question, simple, kind of disappointing answer (in light of what we know the series is capable of), which Velvet is a step in the direction of challenging.
Back to top Go down
Dcrigg

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 5 07v2DaMTue Jun 30, 2015 1:10 pm

Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 5 Fb1a4f94

Surprised Shocked She's looks like Jude and Millia's Daughter
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 5 07v2DaMTue Jun 30, 2015 1:54 pm

She has an ex-sphere!
Back to top Go down
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
Bo Staff Katana

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 5 07v2DaMTue Jun 30, 2015 3:56 pm

That does certainly look like an exsphere. Wasn't Lloyds the only one of an unusual color?
Back to top Go down
Crystal Power

Crystal Power

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 5 07v2DaMWed Jul 01, 2015 6:18 am

I'm actually really liking her design. And she seems to be the most dark and mature Tales protagonist, and how odd she's the first solo female main protagonist and already more series than all the male hero's we have.

She also have the voice actor of Punie-chan which is a plus for me. :- 3
Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 5 PunieTanaka2
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 5 07v2DaMWed Jul 01, 2015 12:30 pm

BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:
I understand all of this (and the rest of your post, cutting it down to keep it clean), Velvet is not surprising me.  DylDawg simply asked why we cannot have an emotionally-rounded female lead, and we all know why already; the genre and the culture surrounding it greatly discourage it.  Taiyz is throwing out "stopping thinking too hard about it guys" quips, I don't think I am, simple question, simple, kind of disappointing answer (in light of what we know the series is capable of), which Velvet is a step in the direction of challenging.
I don't think anybody who creates media really knows how to create a "normal girl."

I mean, you have all these blank slate or milquetoast dudes in anime who get all the girls, but women always "have" to have charm points and personality quirks. You can't just like, genderbend Yuri and call it a day, no, even though that would TOTALLY SOLVE THE PROBLEM, they have to have a personality quirk to generate dat moe.

It's pretty sad honestly, you even get stuff like Assassin's Creed III Liberation that come so close, but they decided to give Aveline a "Lady" costume so she can deceive male guards with her feminine wiles. Then again, you also get feminists complaining about female characters that are just "female versions of male characters" specifically BECAUSE the creator avoids giving them overly feminine traits (Anita Sarkeesian coined the awful term "Ms. Male-Protagonist" for example;) personality I don't think that's a problem and is one of the major reasons behind the squabbling in the community at large...The larger problem is that writers commonly emphasize femininity too much, but there's also a problem where people still want female characters to act "slightly feminine" which is a dance so delicate it's worthy of parody. I thought feminism was all about equality, ya dig?
Back to top Go down
Dcrigg

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 5 07v2DaMSun Aug 30, 2015 11:04 am

Why the hell is there no more information about Berseria yet?
Back to top Go down
Samaël
Kamen Rider
Samaël

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 5 07v2DaMSun Aug 30, 2015 5:32 pm

Wait for TGS
Back to top Go down
TalesofHysteria

TalesofHysteria

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 5 07v2DaMMon Aug 31, 2015 2:54 pm

Samaël wrote:
Wait for TGS

Wasn't on the leaked Bandai Namco list, may be there or we may have to wait a bit longer.

http://gematsu.com/2015/08/new-granzella-title-gundam-exreme-vs-force-kamen-rider-battride-war-leaked

Gotta wait for the Western localisation anyways, not expecting the game here until 2017 personally.
Back to top Go down
Crystal Power

Crystal Power

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 5 07v2DaMFri Sep 11, 2015 8:50 pm

Well, I hope Berseria still shows up at TGS despite not being listed, could be a surprise. Been wanting to learn more for quite awhile now.
Back to top Go down
TalesofHysteria

TalesofHysteria

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 5 07v2DaMMon Sep 14, 2015 8:38 pm

Crystal Power wrote:
Well, I hope Berseria still shows up at TGS despite not being listed, could be a surprise. Been wanting to learn more for quite awhile now.

Indeed, though we may have to wait, Zestiria was technically released in Japan this year after all.
Back to top Go down
Crystal Power

Crystal Power

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 5 07v2DaMWed Sep 16, 2015 6:19 pm

TalesofHysteria wrote:
Crystal Power wrote:

Indeed, though we may have to wait, Zestiria was technically released in Japan this year after all.

A clip of Berseria was shown in Sony's press conference opening montage, it may be possible Berseria will appear at Bandai Namco's own event, maybe.
Back to top Go down
TalesofHysteria

TalesofHysteria

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 5 07v2DaMWed Sep 16, 2015 6:24 pm

Crystal Power wrote:
TalesofHysteria wrote:
Crystal Power wrote:

A clip of Berseria was shown in Sony's press conference opening montage, it may be possible Berseria will appear at Bandai Namco's own event, maybe.

I got hyped when I saw that.

It might, we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Crystal Power

Crystal Power

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 5 07v2DaMMon Sep 21, 2015 7:15 pm

So no Berseria at TGS. But seeing how they presented Zestiria's localization there, shows they know their western fanbase is watching, even at Japanese events. So it wouldn't be to far off to assume they want to release Zestiria in the west before making more announcements on Berseria?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 5 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)
Page 5 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next