Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)

Go down 
+17
Txn
Tsuki
Meowzy
Yume Hanabi
Suikoden
King Cat the Sixth
Smuglord
Saeko
Taiyz
Slivendiferious
DylDawg
Samaƫl
Prinny
Abicion
TimeFactor
DreamSword
Falcom
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
TimeFactor

TimeFactor

Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 4 07v2DaMTue Jan 27, 2015 11:11 am

of course best girl is DLC
Back to top Go down
Meowzy

Meowzy

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 4 07v2DaMTue Jan 27, 2015 11:59 am

I'm kind of torn between outrage and amusement. Leaning towards amusement right now.
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 4 07v2DaMTue Jan 27, 2015 1:41 pm

Oh Namco, you so silly.
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 4 07v2DaMTue Jan 27, 2015 2:10 pm

Meowzy wrote:
I'm kind of torn between outrage and amusement. Leaning towards amusement right now.

Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 4 07v2DaMTue Jan 27, 2015 2:14 pm

I'm not sure what to feel, I'm happy and also very bothered, with a little bit of sad. I like her new outfit a lot!

Edit: I like that its post game and that it's more likely we won't be seeing an enhanced port, I'd rather pay for DLC than rebuy a game but I'd rather just be able to buy a complete game LOL I hope they haven't intentionally taken out part of the game and made it DLC rather than an actual add-on

Last edited by ShivKH on Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Meowzy

Meowzy

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 4 07v2DaMTue Jan 27, 2015 4:24 pm

On the one hand, I like her outfit. On the other hand, the hat makes me laugh, it's so ridiculous. I hereby rename Tales of Zestiria to Tales of Hats.

Here's to hoping that hat is a separate attachment that I can give to other characters, and that the costume is a costume title to unlock for later playthroughs.
Back to top Go down
Crystal Power

Crystal Power

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 4 07v2DaMTue Jan 27, 2015 4:38 pm

Please! Just add this in-game in the localized version...
Back to top Go down
TimeFactor

TimeFactor

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 4 07v2DaMTue Jan 27, 2015 5:08 pm

No need. It's already on-disc!

Not serious, but if it's true...lol all aboard the (new) backlash train
Back to top Go down
Crystal Power

Crystal Power

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 4 07v2DaMTue Jan 27, 2015 7:23 pm

Actually Bamco might have plan this all from the very start. I just though about it, could they have really thought of all this in just a week after the release of the game? And the huge backlash from Alisha didn't start until a day after it's release.

I'm not sure how game development works, but if they can come up with all those assents and such we seen in the scan right after the Alisha rage happened, I'm impressed, they work really fast...
Back to top Go down
Meowzy

Meowzy

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 4 07v2DaMTue Jan 27, 2015 7:39 pm

Considering this new Alisha outfit has accompanying skit pics? No. There's no way they came up with that and developed it in five days' time. Even less if you consider that it took players a few days to play enough of the game to form a concrete opinion.

I don't doubt that this DLC was already in production long before the game was released.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 4 07v2DaMTue Jan 27, 2015 7:40 pm

I'm not sure what scenario would make feel okay with this, I mean I am happy for more Alisha and an epilogue but it all just seems kind of sketchy...I really don't want them forcing characters out and having you pay to see more of them in the future.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 4 07v2DaMTue Jan 27, 2015 8:04 pm

Maybe they will retcon Dezel's death as DLC as well...
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 4 07v2DaMTue Jan 27, 2015 8:06 pm

Slivendiferious wrote:
Maybe they will retcon Dezel's death as DLC as well...

Please no that's just silly T.T, perhaps a story of Dezel in the afterlife, if they have a place you go when you die as a Seraph? Or maybe his soul gets reincarnated as a human a la Xillia
Back to top Go down
Meowzy

Meowzy

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 4 07v2DaMTue Jan 27, 2015 8:34 pm

I'm telling you, his spirit is still alive within the hat. The hat does too many suspicious things (such as mysteriously blowing into Sorey's hands after the pre-final dungeon motivational speech) to be a normal hat.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 4 07v2DaMTue Jan 27, 2015 9:46 pm

Why does you-know-who where the hat anyways? I have yet to see that explained well, as far as I know they don't really have a connection?
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 4 07v2DaMTue Jan 27, 2015 10:14 pm

What if the hat is a mind controller? Dezel is the Hat all along, controlling the body of whoever is wearing it.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 4 07v2DaMTue Jan 27, 2015 11:08 pm

That is so predictable...that's totally what's happening.
Back to top Go down
TimeFactor

TimeFactor

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 4 07v2DaMWed Jan 28, 2015 12:57 pm

Unrelated to Zestiria but somewhat relevant to recent discussion:
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/27/hyperdimension-neptunia-victory-ii-introduces-new-parody-characters/

B-sha: A parody of Bandai Namco. Sheā€™s considered a ā€œtoy store heroā€ and loves money more than anything. She charges a small amount of money for just about anything, and whenever possible.

Shots fired
Back to top Go down
DreamSword
Handsome Hobo
DreamSword

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 4 07v2DaMWed Jan 28, 2015 2:19 pm

Considering that it comes from Neptunia I imagine the joke doesn't sting. At all.
Back to top Go down
Meowzy

Meowzy

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 4 07v2DaMWed Jan 28, 2015 3:26 pm

ShivKH wrote:
Why does you-know-who where the hat anyways? I have yet to see that explained well, as far as I know they don't really have a connection?
Apparently you-know-who knew Dezel when he was a kid. Probably knew that best bro too. But he's basically only wearing the hat for the lulz as far as I can tell.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 4 07v2DaMWed Jan 28, 2015 4:39 pm

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/27/japanese-gamers-tales-zestiria-alisha-costs-1300-yen/

I noticed some of these concerns were discussed a few pages ago, but apparently by some westerner who hadn't played the game. Japanese players are reporting similar complaints on Amazon.

Man I wonder if they're gonna do a PS4 release immediately after to fix these issues, kinda like Vesperia PS3 and Graces f. I might have to hold out on buying the NA release, unless they include a sweet statue of Alisha in an LE.

Anyway, time for the inevitable Rule34 of Alisha charging 1300 yen, if you get what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 4 07v2DaMWed Jan 28, 2015 4:55 pm

Meowzy wrote:
ShivKH wrote:
Apparently you-know-who knew Dezel when he was a kid. Probably knew that best bro too. But he's basically only wearing the hat for the lulz as far as I can tell.

Wow amazing spelling on my part there... Wear*

Thank you! For the lulz...here's hoping its more than that when I play it in full ;p
Back to top Go down
DreamSword
Handsome Hobo
DreamSword

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 4 07v2DaMWed Jan 28, 2015 5:36 pm

I love how everyone is ignoring that the DLC is free for the first few weeks, so even if you don't have the game you can still just nab it off PSN with no strings attached.
Back to top Go down
Crystal Power

Crystal Power

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 4 07v2DaMWed Jan 28, 2015 6:10 pm

I think it's just still upsetting to people that it even had to be DLC. Just like Meowzy and I discussed a page ago this was obliviously in development while the game was being made. Whether it was an after thought or not, it's still frustrating how they advertise Alisha to be a major character yet didn't make it in the game. Also for whatever reason, not knowing on time or owning a PS3, after the week you have to pay. All things must be considered just how people consider Bamco's side, the consumer must be considered too.

Anyway despite all this, I still just love the opening theme! It's awesome!
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 4 07v2DaMWed Jan 28, 2015 6:15 pm

Personally I'm not a fan of that practice. It's certainly more convenient than a pre-order bonus, but it ultimately begs the question of "why are you charging for it at all?"

Especially when it's on the disc already and alleviates some of the lacking Alisha play time concerns. This also creates problems when internet connectivity is involved. Take Persona 4 Arena Ultimax or Guilty Gear Xrd for example, that one asshole, Marie and Elphelt were all available for free for a week after launch, but these are games that are frequently carted around to friends' houses and event locations, so now a profile and (at least once) an internet connection are required to redeem those characters, and you need to register them to all the consoles that need to be operating the game. Granted, I don't believe Marie was on the disc and was probably finished after the game went Gold, so that's a bit less shitty, but these are games where you kinda need to have the full roster available.

Yes, this content comes at the end of what is likely a 60-80 hour story which lessons the importance of an immediate download, and you don't even need to own the game or console to redeem it, but the fact that you have to jump through that hoop at all is a problem. Anybody who wasn't paying attention to release hype (like I wasn't until a week ago) will likely have no idea this is going on and have to shell out extra money when they purchase the game later.

I'm definitely seconding the perspective that it's damage control, and regardless of whether it's free for a limited time, the fact that they plan on charging additional for content they printed on the disc already is scummy.

I realize that at the end of the day, it's up to the publisher to decide how much they should charge for how much content, how much your 69.99 is really worth to them, it's their game after all and they could easily separate half the story into a DLC unlock if they felt like it, but the fact is that on-disc DLC is 100% arbitration, and I hate it.

I also realize that despite my perspective, even though they finished it before going gold they easily could have separated the Alisha epilogue from the game disc's content and force people to download it, and that would be a problem for people with data caps or very little PS3 disk space. But at the very least this maintains the illusion that Bandai Namco gives two shits about making additional content post-launch, instead of a straight-up cash grab to unlock content they have already delivered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)   Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 4 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Tales of Zestiria Discussion (SPOILERS)
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next