Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)

Go down 
+15
Dr. Casey
Suikoden
Abicion
fateoffate
Txn
Naoshi
Taiyz
Seraph
Slivendiferious
Arn
DylDawg
King Cat the Sixth
Drake
Tenshigami
Falcom
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Drake
Admin
Drake

Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 6 07v2DaMMon Nov 10, 2014 11:37 pm

SAOII 18 was great
this is what i've been missing for like, 30 episodes
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Vulcapyro
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 6 07v2DaMTue Nov 11, 2014 7:54 am

So Ben Pronsky voices PoH (that's the leader of the LC members in episode 6 right?) I recognized him from his notable Boston accent, identical to that of David Young (watch the SuperBestFriends' LP of D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die, amazing game, buy it if you have an Xbox One.) Literally started that on Saturday, what a coincidence. Also I didn't remember XaXa appearing, nice touch.

By Lisbeth's episode I'm a fan of Papenbrook's work here, and starting to enjoy the dub equally, if not a little more because it's in English and the writing is pretty snappy. Sure his intensity is different, but that different quality is good in its own way. They really make Kirito an ass in the dub though, I guess that's to emphasize his supposed issues with speaking to girls. I also liked how they phrased Liz's confession in the dub.

Sword Art Offline continues to rock, they mention that Liz made Asuna's sword, Lambent Light, and it was the first place where the name Aincrad was defined (and col, its currency.) It's also great if you like Klein's Japanese VA because he gets a life advice corner which ends up with him being exasperated for a couple minutes.

Something of note, the discs feature dub-only episode previews with original narration by Kirito which are neat, they were apparently for a web version of the dub (I guess it was streamed first.) Unfortunately the discs don't have the guest art from the end of the episodes, but maybe some of it's in the post cards or artbooks.

Edit: While GGO's gun stuff was pretty well done, some trivia I learned: Sinon's gun is misspoken in its first appearance.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/File:SAO_2_(23).jpg

The English text is right, it's a PGM Hecate II, a real sniper rifle. The Japanese text, and what Sinon reads out loud (I think this was the only time though) say PGM Ultima Ratio Hecate II which isn't a real weapon. The PGM Ultima Ratio is another real sniper rifle mind you, and Sinon only says "Hecate II" for the rest of the series which is correct (well sometimes she just says Hecate but let's not split hairs.)

I couldn't tell you which gun the animated version is accurate to. Google, Wikipedia and judge for yourself.

Another amusing screenshot, that I could actually discern because of FPS':
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/File:SAOII_4_SMGs.jpg

The Vector is listed twice, accurately (CRB for carbine variant.) An MP5 variant is shown thrice (one with a sight and flashlight) with a gibberish name, as is the XM8 Compact.
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 6 07v2DaMThu Nov 13, 2014 11:21 am

I wonder if these episodes will be short stories only. Oh well, better than nothing. I liked the latest episode too. It's so nice to see everyone hang out and having a good time together.

So which one is everyone's favorite opening? Mine is Ignite, no contest. Especially in this cover <3

I liked the GGO arc more than I originally thought I would. The focus on Sinon's butt was a bit unnecessary though (but not surprising).
Back to top Go down
http://moontoon.deviantart.com
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 6 07v2DaMThu Nov 13, 2014 12:01 pm

Sinon's gun is indeed named "PGM Ultima Ratio Hecate II" in the novel because the writer loves character with super OP stuff and combined both Ultima Ratio and Hecate, effectively combining both anti-materiel and anti-personnel rifles into an absolute death tool of penetrative destruction.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 6 07v2DaMFri Nov 14, 2014 3:47 am

Is that how it's ACTUALLY explained in the novels? You'd figure that an anti-material rifle (the PGM Hecate II, like the English text) would be enough.

Anyway I like the first opening the best just because of the ending bit at Asuna's bachelorette pad. (Fun fact I just swapped the l and r around by mistake and Firefox suggested schoolteacher as a correction for bachelorette.)

GGO opening is actually better IMO because it has good fight scenes and I like trap Kirito's design (annoyingly only prize figures exist of him right now.)

Calibur opening is third best, followed by the ALO opening. Mother's Rosario, even though it's virtually the same as Calibur's, replaces some of the IRL art with some new characters without removing the Calibur arc stuff which is dumb.

I agree with Moontoon. Mother's Rosario seems pretty great, Calibur was thought-provoking but felt too long and wasn't as interesting as Kirito's various side quests in SAO (I think Calibur arc was on par with Murder in the Safe Zone.)

I'm in favour of these short story arcs but they feel out of place being dumped at the end of SAOII instead of being in the middle of an overarching story like the Aincrad arc, but I suppose ALO is supposed to be the home base for the gang between primary story arcs.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 6 07v2DaMSat Nov 15, 2014 12:53 am

I LOVE Ignite. The animation for the OP was beautiful, Kirito swinging his Photon Sword and just the overall theme, and like Taiyz I am a huge fan of Kiritrap.

Ignite>Courage>Crossing Field>Innocence for me

As for Mother's Rosario, prepare your feels tissues.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 6 07v2DaMSat Nov 15, 2014 1:30 am

I had a feeling tears were incoming.
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 6 07v2DaMSat Nov 15, 2014 5:39 pm

I just realized that the tittle was fixed. It used to be "Fail 2014".
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 6 07v2DaMSat Nov 15, 2014 10:53 pm

And that was an edit by somebody (I think Drake might've fessed up to it but don't quote me on that.)

I fixed it because SAO is definitely not a failure.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 6 07v2DaMSun Nov 16, 2014 3:24 am

Okay good, because I never recalled typing that, maybe.

Latest SAO episode, Courage new animation. Oh man incoming FEEL TRIP.
I like how we get more background about Asuna. Yuuki vs Yuuki.... With Yuuki as the victor!
Next week....!
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 6 07v2DaMSun Nov 16, 2014 4:55 am

Goddammit with that first half I don't care about the game now I just want the IRL drama to be resolved. =(

Edit: So episode 8 of the dub was a little overkill. Kirito was talking about Kuradeel, "What was that guy's problem? He was mad-doggin' me like crazy."

The lingo sometimes is just...What?

Agil lost points again for that same reason, it's just so hard to take him seriously in the dub, and Seitz also voiced the army leader who fought The Gleam Eyes and used his normal voice, which really contrasted. He had some goofy lines in episodes 8 and 9. It's like, he's perfect for the role but the accent just...Sigh.

I'm definitely satisfied with Klein, though, I still prefer Japanese Klein's accent but I realize it wouldn't be feasible to replicate, and normal Thornton is too gruff for him. Thornton also used his normal voice for a soldier in Yui's intro episode which was nice.

I realize I'm sounding like a broken record, but those two stand out for some reason. Starburst Stream was good enough; apart from some goofy lines and the differences in foley between English and Japanese, Papenbrook is also solid.

Anyway, enougn about the Ks. Everybody else is literally perfect, I still think it's a top quality dub despite its occasional awkwardness. I also noted that Bang Zoom dubbed this, I was surprised that they dubbed D4 because I can't recall seeing them dub games (or anything, since Bandai Entertainment closed) but I guess they're working with Aniplex, which makes sense. When you're charging for premium releases you've gotta have premium dubs, too!

Also, all of you need to find and watch Sword Art Offline. Best DVD extras I've ever seen. It's not like those Production I.G. extras that establish running gags or out of character jokes with repeat footage. They nail the cheesy talk show vibe, have great trivia and it captures the show's sense of humour well. It's an extension of the show, and it even says that it's "(tacitly) approved by Reki Kawahara"!
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 6 07v2DaMMon Nov 17, 2014 4:58 am

Here's some great trivia:

No wonder Kirito's Japanese voice is so amazing. The dude went so over the top he was giving himself nosebleeds. THAT'S dedication. I wish the guy would be in anime I actually watch. =P

Dubbed version BTW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifZND4DoQNQ#t=2m02s
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 6 07v2DaMMon Nov 17, 2014 10:24 am

I like his Sora (No Game No Life) voice better, and to an extent his Arata (Trinity Seven) voice (but the show kinda sucked right now, manga master race), if only because he sounds really fun voicing unserious, perverted but confident jackass.

also he's going to voice yukihira soma, the manliest juvenile chef that makes girls orgasm with his cooking and charismatically angry stares anyone that makes his bitches cry.

probable spoiler for anyone aiming to watch Shokugeki no Soma next year
Spoiler:

i mean look at that, his face looks like someone that would punch a netori right in the face accompanied by extra bold and thick strokes of extreme masculinity. more ppl shud read shokugeki no soma dammit
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 6 07v2DaMTue Nov 18, 2014 2:18 am

I just realized that the Anime of Akame ga Kill doesn't follow the Manga anymore. Well, I haven't finished the Manga (I stopped a little further than where we are right now in the Anime).

That's fine by me because I knew what was going to happen for the most part.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 6 07v2DaMThu Nov 20, 2014 2:09 pm

>gundam build fighters try

Holy shit Jigen Haoh school is awesome.

I knew Senpuu Tatsumaki-Geri is basically a beefed up Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku, but Senko Majutsu-Geri? Wow. They take the old Shining Wizard and takes it up to eleven by pinpointing a rider kick from space, which basically crushes the opponent's knee instead of just disabling them, before following up with a jet propelled knee to the chin. That's a really funny nod to the classic wrestling move.

Those who don't know though, Shining Wizard is a pro wrestling move in which the user steps on the opponent's knee with one foot and swings his other legs to strike the opponent's head with his knee/shin. A significantly popular wrestling move in Japan (I remembered reading a Detective Conan/Case Closed scene where Ran did this to a fleeing criminal), probably because the move was created by a Japanese wrestler.

Senkou. Majutsu... gg build fighters try. never change.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 6 07v2DaMThu Nov 20, 2014 3:14 pm

I still have not started Builder Fighters Try yet....
Just waiting for Saturday tbh. SAO, LH, and CFV G is all I need.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 6 07v2DaMThu Nov 20, 2014 4:46 pm

Build fighters too good.

So far I like Try, but i like the first BF a bit more. Hope Try becomes as great as more episodes come in.

And Jigen Haoh School is awesome indeed.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 6 07v2DaMThu Nov 20, 2014 5:06 pm

I loved the first one.
I just did not have the motivation to start this. Do Reiji and Iori ever appear?
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 6 07v2DaMFri Nov 21, 2014 10:42 am

Here's your motivation: Build Burning is essentially Build Fighters God Gundam. GOD GUNDAM. G GUNDAM.

I'm hoping Sekai's master is some version of Domon.

As fer yer question Falzy, Reiji: I have no clue. Sei: MIGHT come back since Sekai is using Sei's Build Burning.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 6 07v2DaMFri Nov 21, 2014 11:01 am

Well, Sekai's master is shown in the opening and it's obviously Domon's silhouette, right to the flowing headband and cape. I'm looking forward to Tomokazu Seki hijacking the show halfway through.

I'm really digging the art style of Build Fighters Try though, especially the bold stroke used in some of the manlier scene. Build Fighters S1's Hyper Build Knuckle was fangasmic enough, but Sekai did this in episode 5 using a freaking SD Gundam.
Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 6 Tumblr_nedg51EZ1l1skdbiao4_400

Need more Erupting Burning Finger, but not overused enough that it becomes Build Knuckle 2.0. Senkou Majutsu-Geri is srs nice tho
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 6 07v2DaMFri Nov 21, 2014 2:40 pm

So, what, actual gundam pilots cameo to teach kids how to fight with gunpla?
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 6 07v2DaMFri Nov 21, 2014 11:02 pm

Actually Domon only teach martial arts, the kid is the one who applied it on gunpla. Though Ramba Ral fits that description to a T, considering that he is the narrator/coach for two whole seasons.

I just noticed that Domon had a cameo in the first season, but as a child.
Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 6 1395047528602

Since Try is more or less seven years later, young Domon would be 18 years old at most, not what I'd call master. But then again, Kousaka's little brother somehow had blue hair since child(in Try's flashback) when he actualy had brown hair when he and his sister visits Sei's shop in the first season.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 6 07v2DaMSat Nov 22, 2014 7:58 pm

Hahaha I just found out about Chapter 16.5 of the light novel (apparently non-canon work that Kawahara wrote.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSUz0az3gYY.

Dude's got guts. If true, anyway, I'm glad he wrote that while keeping all the sexual assault in the series non-penetrative. That's nice, in a way. Sword Art Offline does make a couple references to Ethics Code: Off even though it's not in the show, is that even mentioned in the novels proper?

Edit: Haha, I like how Asuna's the star of Mother's Rosario basically because Kirito was too clever.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 6 07v2DaMSun Nov 23, 2014 10:19 pm

King Cat the Sixth wrote:
>gundam build fighters try

Holy shit Jigen Haoh school is awesome.
Why did it take this long for me to hear about this amazing show?

It's so great.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 6 07v2DaMMon Nov 24, 2014 12:44 am

Watch the first season first pls, if only for three times the passion of ordinary flamenco.

Quote :
Dude's got guts. If true, anyway, I'm glad he wrote that while keeping all the sexual assault in the series non-penetrative. That's nice, in a way. Sword Art Offline does make a couple references to Ethics Code: Off even though it's not in the show, is that even mentioned in the novels proper?
The ethics code stuff is in the novel, yeah, something like Asuna heard it from one of her female guildmates. I thought it was mentioned in the anime also? Anyway, Reki indeed wrote that chapter for the lulz in his webnovel, but it's not official and is listed under his fanfic section. Non-canon as it may be, we knew what(who?) went down that night, this just visualizes it.

Personally, I find the chapter funny (and actually a poor, but honest attempt at erotica), but SAO fanboys (and haters) waving around that chapter and making it such a huge deal made me feel annoyed at any mention of 16.5.

Heck, any kind of pornography about SAO generally turns me off, I'm not sure why. I guess I like my SAO (relatively) pure and adventurous, thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 6 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next