Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)

Go down 
+15
Dr. Casey
Suikoden
Abicion
fateoffate
Txn
Naoshi
Taiyz
Seraph
Slivendiferious
Arn
DylDawg
King Cat the Sixth
Drake
Tenshigami
Falcom
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 3 07v2DaMMon Oct 06, 2014 5:11 pm

I dunno. I remember seeing a movie where birds attack humans... and one where bees attack humans. Piranhas are overused Razz I think I heard about Sharknadoes or whatever O_o Never heard of Cockroaches, yet.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 3 07v2DaMTue Oct 07, 2014 2:08 am

These cockroaches are deadly. They learn reallllly fast too.

I just love the whole transforming into animals/bugs, even ancient extinct animals!
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 3 07v2DaMTue Oct 07, 2014 1:00 pm

It makes me want to read the Manga! HOWEVER, I probably won't... I mean, I read the Akame ga Kill manga (mostly since it's unfinished) and it kind of ruined the Anime experience for me. I'm watching it with my brother but I already know what will happen. It really takes away from the experience of discovering what will happen.

Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 3 07v2DaMTue Oct 07, 2014 6:21 pm

Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 3 SEDfBTn

Wow! The TERRAFORMARS anime looks great!
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 3 07v2DaMTue Oct 07, 2014 6:52 pm

Falcom wrote:
Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 3 SEDfBTn

Wow! The TERRAFORMARS anime looks great!

^Nice censorship!
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 3 07v2DaMWed Oct 08, 2014 12:49 pm

Rage of Bahamut Genesis's first episode was surprisingly good. I went in expecting an extremely generic fantasy anime but what I got was way, way different.

The animation is ridiculously stylized, almost looking kind of western, and it was pretty much non-stop off-the-wall ridiculous, and hilariously so. The main character is a total asshole, but you just can't hate him.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 3 07v2DaMWed Oct 08, 2014 2:58 pm

True. I kinda love the western/swashbuckler/zorro/puss in boots vibe it has right now. That ost just pumped the whole thing all the way up to greatness. Obligatory expectation for flamenco in duel, though considering MC's inclination to fight as dirty as possible, I doubt there'll be much of a duel.

Hiroyuki Yoshino is perfect for the jackass/self confident character and I love his acting in this one. One thing I dislike about the MC is his ridiculous choice of hairstyle, but hey, afro main character is rather underused, so props to him.

My other impressions so far:

Trinity Seven is quite great, if only for the MC being an open pervert and Maou candidate. I might just read through the manga because I'm horrible at waiting, but Arata's voice acting is amazingly funny to hear (that OHOHOHOHO). He's using his Sora(NGNL)'s voice after all.

In Search of Lost Future caught me off guard. I usually refrain from watching this type of show, but the ending of episode 1 (no, not that cliche'd "girl appear naked and unconscious somehow" part, but that "time is rewound somehow" part) definitely piqued my interest. I totally predicted that death flag though, no one ever confesses their love in first episode and lived to tell the tale, but the injury that seemingly unimportant playing a huge role in the death scene is an absolutely excellent Chekhov's Gun (Chekhov's wound?). I do love me some brilliant foreshadowing, however minor.

I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying is a pretty sweet 3-minute anime of this season. Definitely gonna be my Senyuu/Strange+ of this season. That Gundam 00 reference.

InoBato is underwhelming as hell. I was expecting more over the top nichijou scene, so many wasted potentials. Trigger slipping some KLK cameo (in the form of Takaharu Fukuroda's glove) is also awkward as hell. Is there even a need of that? Self-jerking much?

And I can't get into Reconguista, dunno why. I also can't get into Overman King Gainer, and this greatly reminds me of it.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 3 07v2DaMWed Oct 08, 2014 3:57 pm

Is there a Nozaki yet? Im just following UBW, Garo (where the CG armor actually works!), and maybe the InoBattle (cause motherfuggin Crazy Diamond power son)

Is Yuki Kaji still Yuki Kaji in Seven Deadly Sins? I would watch it but Kaji.  His voice is definitely NOT what I had in mind for Meliodas.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 3 07v2DaMWed Oct 08, 2014 4:30 pm

Still haven't caught Garo because Funi was slow on licensing. Seven Deadly apparently is gonna be on netflix several months late so I've had to wait for fansubs, gonna watch it as well as Chaika tonight. OMG MORE CHAIKA. CHAIKA IS BEST. SHOCKING TRUTH.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 3 07v2DaMWed Oct 08, 2014 5:02 pm

Ah damn, I forgot about UBW. Episode 0 is amazing so far, I liked the way it starts from the POV of Rin instead of Shirou because that would just recycle FSN anime. And just when I thought UBW's movie action scene is great, this one is incredible!

Yuki Kaji would suit King more to be honest, if he uses his smug brat voice of Q-Vier or that Barakamon brat, but Fukuyama Jun would definitely ham King with even more fabulousness. Yeah, I can't really see him as Meliodas too tbh, Meliodas is a calm berserker, it's going to be weird hearing him scream the usual Kaji.

On side note, Build Fighters Try didn't betray my expectation. Two minutes in and the soundtrack is already awesome as usual. The action scenes fits me more, the comedy is light and actually funny, and that Burning Gundam asspull is too much fun to nitpick on. I was half-expecting Sekai going SEED mode with that drop of water stuff, just to piss off SEED haters lol.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 3 07v2DaMFri Oct 10, 2014 3:16 pm

DylDawg wrote:
Is there a Nozaki yet?

We got an OVA Razz
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 3 07v2DaMFri Oct 10, 2014 8:24 pm

King Cat the Sixth wrote:
And I can't get into Reconguista, dunno why. I also can't get into Overman King Gainer, and this greatly reminds me of it.
I am loving it so far.

This might turn out to be my favorite Gundam series in fact.

What is up with Gundam not taking itself seriously and just constantly making fun of itself these days?
First Build Fighters, now Build Fighters Try and Reconquista...
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 3 07v2DaMFri Oct 10, 2014 8:52 pm

Topic title wrote:
Fail 2014 Anime Season
Topic title wrote:
Fail 2014 Anime Season
Topic title wrote:
Fail
Wait. How did that. What? How long has the thread title been like that. Was it that way the entire time? Am I that blind? What

*head asplode*
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 3 07v2DaMFri Oct 10, 2014 9:07 pm

Well, Tomino did say "f*** you old gundam fan, reconguista is for kids", and I'm not even paraphrasing it that badly. But that's not really why I'm not into it though, it's just the visual/animation style irks me somehow and the audio direction is questionably irritating, not trying to sound overly anal(ytical) here. I don't really like the voice acting of any characters so far, they sound too old school?, same goes for the soundtrack. I'm also not fond of Eureka Seven's character designer's style, but that's just makes me sound unnecessarily sour.

Yeah, I'm not really hating it with all my passion, just can't get into it.

Build Fighters/Try is actually pretty fun though. An obvious marketing scheme to sell out toys, but it's lighthearted, doesn't take itself seriously, and has those little details that is really comical. I mean, those polices arriving by bike suddenly, staring blankly at Sekai got me chuckling a bit, like 'what an amazing coordination just to arrest a kid'. Not to mention, the soundtrack is pure golden.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 3 07v2DaMFri Oct 10, 2014 9:34 pm

King Cat the Sixth wrote:
it's just the visual/animation style irks me somehow and the audio direction is questionably irritating, not trying to sound overly anal(ytical) here. I don't really like the voice acting of any characters so far, they sound too old school?, same goes for the soundtrack. I'm also not fond of Eureka Seven's character designer's style, but that's just makes me sound unnecessarily sour.
I personally really dig the animation style and the whole nostalgia tour.
Not sure how long I'll be able to take the music though. But if I space out the episodes, like once a week, I think I'll manage.

Looks like next episode ( 4 ) is going to be a little bit darker.

Although I didn't know Tomino said that this was going to be a show for kids. That's quite the departure from the franchise.
Still, I'm loving it so far.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 3 07v2DaMFri Oct 10, 2014 9:36 pm

Tenshigami wrote:
Topic title wrote:
Fail 2014 Anime Season
Topic title wrote:
Fail 2014 Anime Season
Topic title wrote:
Fail
Wait. How did that. What? How long has the thread title been like that. Was it that way the entire time? Am I that blind? What

*head asplode*

C-CH-CH-CH-CH-CH-CHOTTO MATTE KUDASAI

I either done goofed hard, or someone is trying to be funny.... I suspect the former....
Back to top Go down
Txn
You > Evil
Txn

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 3 07v2DaMSat Oct 11, 2014 9:35 pm

Guys, you don't need to wait for the Terraformars BD, since Crunchyroll will stream the uncensored version at a later date.

The censorship was awfully hilarious, but I'm not going to miss it.
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 3 07v2DaMSun Oct 12, 2014 12:02 am

Revenge of the Cockroaches:

Shouldn't we help her?
Nah, I haz dis!
She has this!

Nope.

The censoring is out of control! My Gosh. Imagine Attack on Titans --- where they pop out an unnecessary black rectangle every time Titans eat humans.
Back to top Go down
Abicion
(。◕ ‿ ◕。✿)
Abicion

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 3 07v2DaMSun Oct 12, 2014 12:28 am

It got stupider.

Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 3 WTGERu5

Mitsuo Fukuda presents: How to Train Your Dimensional Rift Attuned Gargantuan Organic Neotype.

It's like self-parody, except he actually wants you to take this shit seriously.
Back to top Go down
http://abicion.tumblr.com/
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 3 07v2DaMSun Oct 12, 2014 1:26 pm

What the hell? Is that Cross Ange?
Back to top Go down
Abicion
(。◕ ‿ ◕。✿)
Abicion

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 3 07v2DaMSun Oct 12, 2014 7:09 pm

yes.

Let the hate flow through you.
Back to top Go down
http://abicion.tumblr.com/
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 3 07v2DaMTue Oct 14, 2014 6:26 am

Damn Rage of Bahamut, why is an anime based on some random mobile card game so gooooodd. There's a lot of things great in this episode.

The animation is so stylishly amazing, really love the tavern scene with drunken Amira dancing and *gasp* flamenco. Nothing beats drunken tavern dance ever, it's like the epitome of fantasy adventure story.

Favaro being a prick and stooping so low at any chance he get as usual. Dropkick a man in infatuation? Selling a girl that opened up to him? Seriously man, keep it up. We have too much noble hero nowadays.

Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 3 Tumblr_ndetuh7YWz1tgv0q6o1_400
Didn't expect Amira to have that kind of character though, the voice acting is also pretty cute. She's obviously half demon half ange, what's with her resisting that (supposedly) holy magic.

Also, Revolver Crossbow. Whee.
Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 3 Tumblr_ndea2h21sC1r2rp33o1_500
Funny how Favaro coolly cut the rope, but nothing happened so Amira was like 'meh' and stomped the bridge to break it.

FAVAROO is going to be a catchphrase for sure.

On another note, InoBato is going down pretty hard on my list. Probably still going to be watching it, but damn, it's just going to be another stupid harem with annoyingly stereotype females and cliche'd donkan protagonist. zztrigger
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 3 07v2DaMSat Oct 18, 2014 3:59 pm

I lost track of the plot of G Reco.

Bellri is indebted to Aida because......?

Oh that's right, he
Spoiler:

...But he has no qualms about doing the same thing
Spoiler:

Shouldn't he be indebted to
Spoiler:
as well then?

At first I thought this series just featured no deaths period, perhaps some implied ones (no crushed cockpits, no exploding mobile suits) but I guess the pilot can't survive if the head of the mobile suit is blown off...
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 3 07v2DaMTue Oct 21, 2014 4:04 am

So i found my Nozaki but it ain't comedy: Rage of Bahamut's first episode is entertaining.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 3 07v2DaMSat Oct 25, 2014 11:09 pm

Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 3 Vgg01_018_cs1w1_720x

Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 3 132860120183
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 3 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next